cold start problem? on 1991 Toyota Corolla

I have to crank my 91 corolla 3 times before it will start on cold mornings. I'm starting with the cold start switch. Where is it located, and how can I test it before jumping into buying parts? Any other ideas/suggestions? Thanks

by in Alexandria, VA on December 27, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on December 28, 2009
the cold start switch is usually located on the highest point of the coolant system somewhere near the intake manifold. the switch itself rarely fails but if your car is slightly low on coolant it won't work. check your coolant level first because that could be the cheapest fix
My Corolla has only one problem. It does not like to start, usally takes 2-3 tries. I just put new plugs in it, the expensive recommened kind. Still it doesn't start right.
It cranks but won't start sometimes. I have checked the timing and it's fine. I replaced the distributor and a weak relay. All components are functioning as they should, and when the car is cold it...
I hve a toyota corrolla 1994 , it has need pretty go but recently accident caused some front end damage wher the front hood has a dent and doesn't close all the way, addtional the battery on c...
My car over the past several months has been selective as to when it wants to start. I first noticed a clicking sound which lasted for about a month, and that was the only symptom. It was still sta...
my 2007 corlla starts fairly good when its cold . but it cranks over a lot more when its warm .the car has 64590.00 miles on it. help!!!