CODE P1493 battery/ambient air temp voltage too low how do I fix the problem?? on 2000 Dodge Intrepid

We Replaced the Ambient Air Temperature sensor and the code still shows up when we check it. Is the battery temp sensor the same thing as the ambient air temp sensor? The codes p1493 are present even after changing the ambient air temperature sensor.

by in Marlow, NH on February 19, 2014
3 answers 7 comments
ANSWER by on February 19, 2014
I understand you want to fix your own stuff, but just because the sensor is listed in the fault, Does Not mean the sensor is the fault. The testing procedure is used with a chart to verify the resistance at the temperature to see if the sensor is at fault or the BCM, or the PCM. It could also be the CAN line running between the modules as well. It's not as simple as telling you how to fix it. Have you driven the vehicle after replacing the sensor? Well I guess you didn't want the real answer, no reply, Good Night.
COMMENT by on February 20, 2014
We bought it to fix it up and sell. The vehicle didn't always register that there were any problems but it did sit a while. All we did after replacing the ambient air temp sensor was reconnect the battery and start it, and the codes were still there. Sorry, I wasn't expecting an answer so soon.
COMMENT by on February 20, 2014
It has to reset by driving it down the road, if that's the only problem.
COMMENT by on February 20, 2014
The whole front end is still torn apart, were going to make sure everything is all hooked up right. We had to take the pcm out to do other repairs beforehand, you think it could have anything to do with that?
COMMENT by on February 20, 2014
I can think of lots but the sensor if nothing else is wrong will only reset during drive cycle. The computer will keep the same info until the car is driven.
COMMENT by on February 20, 2014
Thanks for taking time to answer this, I hope we figure it out!!
ANSWER by on February 20, 2014
you go profg
COMMENT by on February 20, 2014
Truth from us is not the answer wanted. Good Day Mate.
COMMENT by on February 20, 2014
ya how true. good am to u also
ANSWER by on May 06, 2015
Donde localizo este sensor en una dodge ram 2000, motor 8 5.2.