1995 Honda Prelude Q&A

1995 Honda Prelude Question: Clutch Problem

I have a 95 prelude and the clutch started to go out about 2 months ago... I took it in and had a new clutch installed... within 15 minutes of teh new clutch being installed it started going out again... so i took it back and got yet another clutch and had that installed... it is still faulty... is this a problem with my car? Both are brand new clutches. -
What is the failure in the clutch when the shop replaces the disc? Is it contaminated (oil soaked)? What are the symptoms, or what is the car doing/not doing to make you think the clutch has failed? Did the shop say why they think the clutch failed? Did you replace the entire clutch assembly (disc, pressure plate, resurface flywheel, throwout bearing)? replace only the friction disc? Sorry so many questions, just trying to get some info to give you suggestions -
I had that problem with my 90 accord. Check the Master cylinder if you have a hydraulic clutch. I replaced the clutch, throw out bearing, flywheel, you name it! but the clutch kept slipping after 15 minutes of driveing. I took it to a buddy and he changed the master cylinder and all is well now. Good luck -
if you have the h22 motor in it, then you most likely have hydrolic clutch. if either your master cylinder or slave cylinder are faulty, then replace both. -
My clutch pedal is sticking to the floor and will not pop back out. I bought this car used and have only had it for 2 weeks. My understanding is that the problem lies with the Clutch Master Cylinde...
intermittant starting issues- sometimes turn key and it will light up and hear the clicks. othertimes it cranks and hear it catch but then it doesnt start up keep trying and eventually it will sta...
The car will start but the petal wont disengage nor can I shift into any gear.I can manually pull on the petal to bring it to its "disengaged" position. The reservor is full of fluid and there seem...
i just wanted to know if i can replace my clutch from the top of the engine or if i have to get under it or pull it..thanks
On certain models the clutch pedal can creak due to the assist spring rubbing against itself. Replacing the clutch assist spring with an updated spring from Honda will stop the noise.