do I have to replace to whole clutch system? I don't have problems with the gears, doesn't slip, it stays engaged, but my clutch pedal is releasing higher. In first gear there seems to be a little bit of play in the stick but does not come out of gear.
Clutch issue on 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by euromech,
December 21, 2011
If not hard to change gears and clutch is not slipping then don't change it. wait unil something really happaned.
1 answerSeptember 10, 2009
1 answerAugust 15, 2013
1 answerJune 11, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- Why does the gear shift locks and won't go into drive?
- My 2002 Jetta epc light came on and the car wouldn't crank back up.
- What is the root of the problem that can be causing all of this?
- Having trouble shifting into 1st gear, manual transmission.
- Diesel engine won't start after replacing cracked oil pan and pressure switch?