do I have to replace to whole clutch system? I don't have problems with the gears, doesn't slip, it stays engaged, but my clutch pedal is releasing higher. In first gear there seems to be a little bit of play in the stick but does not come out of gear.
Clutch issue on 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by euromech ,
December 21, 2011
If not hard to change gears and clutch is not slipping then don't change it. wait unil something really happaned.
1 answerSeptember 10, 2009
3 answersJuly 19, 2011
1 answerAugust 15, 2013
2 answersDecember 24, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
1998 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($457 - 533) in Falcon, MS
- Alternator Replacement ($402 - 516) in Nicholson, MS
- Maintenance Service B ($242 - 361) in Talmage, NE
- 150,000 Mile Service ($442 - 647) in Maple Valley, WA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($109 - 186) in Bar Mills, ME
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($637 - 689) in Ashby, MN