do I have to replace to whole clutch system? I don't have problems with the gears, doesn't slip, it stays engaged, but my clutch pedal is releasing higher. In first gear there seems to be a little bit of play in the stick but does not come out of gear.
Clutch issue on 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by euromech ,
December 21, 2011
If not hard to change gears and clutch is not slipping then don't change it. wait unil something really happaned.
1 answerSeptember 10, 2009
3 answersJuly 19, 2011
1 answerAugust 15, 2013
2 answersDecember 24, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- When I start car the rpm guage goes to 1000 rpm
- Code on po455 p1256 Etc sensor short 2 B+ codes showing on my 2000 v.w bug. Wont
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
- Engine starts fine but it won’t shift into any gear. Panel light also does not
- how to fix the linkage in a 99 jetta 5 spd?
1998 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($322 - $387) in Falcon, MS
- Heater Hose Replacement ($114 - $156) in Nicholson, MS
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($313 - $955) in Talmage, NE
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($255 - $303) in Maple Valley, WA
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($180 - $221) in Bar Mills, ME
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($515 - $1,005) in Ashby, MN