do I have to replace to whole clutch system? I don't have problems with the gears, doesn't slip, it stays engaged, but my clutch pedal is releasing higher. In first gear there seems to be a little bit of play in the stick but does not come out of gear.
Clutch issue on 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by euromech ,
December 21, 2011
If not hard to change gears and clutch is not slipping then don't change it. wait unil something really happaned.
1 answerSeptember 10, 2009
3 answersJuly 19, 2011
1 answerAugust 15, 2013
1 answerJune 11, 2015
2 answersDecember 24, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
1998 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($411 - $527) in Falcon, MS
- Radiator Replacement ($495 - $683) in Nicholson, MS
- AC Condenser Replacement ($485 - $689) in Talmage, NE
- Oil Pump Replacement ($639 - $1,938) in Maple Valley, WA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($400 - $431) in Bar Mills, ME
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($193 - $338) in Ashby, MN