I hear a clunking sound when starting. One shop said the starter is ok, flywheel seemed ok but thought crankshaft moved approx 1/4 inch back and forth. Engine seems to run fine after starting. No clunking is heard when running.
Clunking sound when starting on 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Verified for the Dodge Grand Caravan13 reports
2 answersJuly 23, 2011
0 answersAugust 30, 2014
1 answerNovember 08, 2010
- 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Repair and Maintenance
- 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Maintenance Schedule
- 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Problems(24)
- 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Repair Estimates
- 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Q&A(128)
- 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Recalls(4)
- 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Shops
- 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Grand Caravan Questions
- my transmission locked up .motor run fine acts like wants to go but will not mov
- My van won't start most of the time. When it does it takes forever to hit.
- 10 amp fuse for ignition switch keeps breaking, what is causing this ?
- Why does my transmission shift so hard when i hit about 30, it stops the tires.
- My digital odometer does not go off when I turn the engine off. Is that common?
2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Estimates
- Air Filter Replacement ($42 - 75) in Kulpsville, PA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($262 - 372) in Powell, OH
- 30,000 Mile Service ($297 - 435) in Penitas, TX
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($51 - 103) in Thomson, GA
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($259 - 290) in Hayden, CO
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($117 - 137) in Wilmington, VT