I took the car on a Thursday morning for an oil change, inspection, and to check the reason for the clunking noise. I was told when I picked up the car the same Thursday evening that the wheel(s) "might look like its slightly turned and that this is normal when new struts are installed until the car is driven for awhile." The clunk is gone which really didn't occur on every turn. Now the wheels squeak/screech when turning and sometimes when driving straight, the steering wheel feels loose when parking, and most annoying and 'scary' is the rough ride. When the car goes over a bump or dip (even the lines going across a highway), the impact is so hard I can feel it in my seat and it jars my back - it feels like my seat is sitting on top of 'something' hard. It hits so hard that it feels like the wheel(s) is going to snap off. When only one wheel goes over a dip (even slightly recessed manhole), it feels like the the car pushes to the side. I took the car back to the shop Tuesday morning, and was told that an alignment and 'cam kit' will solve the problem in addition to driving it more.
Clunking noise when when turning, just got new struts on 2005 buick lesabre. on 2005 Buick LeSabre
Asked by for the 2005 Buick LeSabre
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LeSabre Questions
- why is my 1990 Buick Park Avenue when car wont start then when it do black smoke
- What happens to my 2003 Buick lesabre when the catalytic converter plugs up
- Why won't my high beams stay on when I pull lever
- Why does my car shift hard when changing gears?
- Had both the power steering pump and rack/pinion replaced with new parts.
2005 Buick LeSabre Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Mead, NE
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($507 - $1,167) in Higden, AR
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($273 - $700) in Sumerco, WV
- Starter Replacement ($230 - $513) in Lafayette, OR
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($422 - $450) in Cape May Point, NJ
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($238 - $275) in San Dimas, CA