this rattling / knocking noise only comes when engine is under load in any gear ie if doing 30 and you are in 4th gear where if you change down noise goes, this noise first appeared but only on a tarmac road with a rough surface it has been into honda main dealer for three weeks in total could not find the reason for noise suggested i contacted a body shop? but i have put it on a ramp and found the nearside drive shaft has latteral movement that when it is move side to side it knocks
civic 2003 1.7 diesel a knocking noise only under load coming from drive shaft on 2003 Honda Civic
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- Is there a copper AC fitting that goes under the dashboard?
- replaced ignition with brand new one. Put key in it starts then loses power die
- I'm missing my #3 spark plug wire. How far can I drive w/o it?
- I don't have the #3 spark plug wire on my civic. Can I drive to get it wo it?
- cost of labor to repair ignition switch