this rattling / knocking noise only comes when engine is under load in any gear ie if doing 30 and you are in 4th gear where if you change down noise goes, this noise first appeared but only on a tarmac road with a rough surface it has been into honda main dealer for three weeks in total could not find the reason for noise suggested i contacted a body shop? but i have put it on a ramp and found the nearside drive shaft has latteral movement that when it is move side to side it knocks
civic 2003 1.7 diesel a knocking noise only under load coming from drive shaft on 2003 Honda Civic
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- Dash lights become dim when I use headlights and my a/c and heat stopped working
- The alternator and battery both work but battery is still not being charged.
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
2003 Honda Civic Estimates
- Brake Hose Replacement ($118 - 245) in Cimarron, NM
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Fort Huachuca, AZ
- 82,500 Mile Service ($97 - 149) in Solway, MN
- Alternator Replacement ($382 - 481) in Chelsea, VT
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($274 - 346) in Curran, MI
- Battery Cable Replacement ($51 - 123) in Urbana, IN