Reviews for Chrysler Town & Country years:

Chrysler Town & Country Reviews and Owner Comments

Chrysler Town & CountryOwner Reviews (150 reviews)
    Visitor, Grand Rapids, MI, November 12, 2014 15:18
    I've had mine for awhile an in am scare after reading these statements I haven't had any problems yet except ratator replaced I think it's called behind the front gate.... now Im too in to me very caution...
    Visitor, Hyannis, MA, November 11, 2014 12:19
    I have a 2009 town and country the check engine light would come on and off perodically, my crysler dealer fix it , i also had to have the brakes done, and new keys made,but the light came back on after a few weeks, brought it in a few days ago for routine maintaince, now i am been told that the van is leaking coolant, and i need a new radiator. would never buy a chrysler again
    Visitor, Seminole, OK, October 13, 2014 17:02
    I'v had my 2002 for awhile yes I have put a little work in it. I would trade it for anything. My nephew has been trying to get to give it to him snf buy a new one.170 thousand and still going strong. Joyce in oklahoma
  • 2012 Chrysler Town & Country
    Visitor, Irving, IL, October 13, 2014 08:39
    Chrysler has got to fix their transmission on the T & C or they won't be selling too many more. The transmission shudders at low speeds. It slams into gear when shifting from R to D and feels like somebody ran into the back of the car when shifting. It is worse when hot. Car's OK otherwise. It's a nice minivan, but I can't stand this poor shifting transmission.
    Visitor, Plymouth, WI, October 09, 2014 19:41
    We bought our 2002 Chrysler Town and Country from my mother-in-law in 2012 with only 30,000 miles on it, she barely ever drove it so we figured it was a great deal. In August of 2014 the transmission went out at 71,000 miles. Since then it's been making engine compartment "whine" noise, they said water pump, so replaced it, said it was alternator, so replaced that. Tonight Oct. 9, 2014 the 2 month old transmission went out at 74,000 miles! Thankfully it had a 30,000 or 3 year warranty. But still, it's very frustrating! And all of our work has been done at 5 Star certified Chrysler/Dodge service dealers! I'll never buy another Chrysler or Dodge.
    Visitor, Manhasset, NY, October 07, 2014 06:47
    We bought this minivan new. This year it developed a problem where it would sporadically not start. I read a couple other reviews here which sound similar so I wanted to post on how we resolved this. There would be power and the dash lights would go on, but it appeared that no power would reach the starter. If you waited a while the problem would then go away. We went through a number of repairs that did not fix the problem. Finally after researching online we found some similar complaints and had the Transmission Range Sensor replaced. Even though the dealer said they saw no problem with the sensor it has been one month now and the problem has not reoccurred.
    wwwwwwwwww, Ashland, OH, September 30, 2014 19:24
    2005 town and country.73,000 miles when I. Got it. Had issues. With locks for a few months that just went away on its own.it now has 227,899 miles power steering pump has a wine after two hour runs and needs new front rotors. Had a problem getting the spare tire down so I unbolt the entire thing from body. It looks to me that a clip that was installed into the part that the tire hangs from was installed upside down, not allowing the tire to lower even with cable loose. Not a fun job on side of highway...
    Visitor, Winner, SD, September 23, 2014 09:06
    my 2002 Chrysler town and country EX is an all around LEMON I've had nothing but problems with it since I've gotten it.. it is currently sitting in my back yard waiting on a new water pump and thermostat.. it wont hold any antifreeze. and if its not the water pump then im guessing headgaskets.. ughhhhh I will never buy one of these AGAIN.
    Visitor, Saint Augustine, FL, July 20, 2014 14:19
    Seventh Chrysler minivan in our household, and this 2010, like two others, has a trans problem. Three times in dealer to fix, each time a three day wait for parts/assembly, but not fully resolved. Yes, this is the third time! Driver's seat wearing fast, due to cheap material. Four light bulbs have burned out. Constant flow of warm air from vents, apparently air being heated by engine, even when on 'cold' setting. Hook to hold clothes in back seat, broke !! I've had it, with these Chrysler vans !! Last one in our home.
    Visitor, Oxford, MS, July 17, 2014 11:27
    Have 95K miles but three major problems. Radio works only when it wants to. Sliding doors work only when they want to. And drinks oil like its going out of style. No oil leaks. Ready to trade!
    Visitor, Middletown, NJ, July 12, 2014 11:07
    Great van Bought this town & country used with 16m on it. Never had any major problems except general maintenance. I have used this van work loading it up beyond its capacity and with 145m its still running smooth.
    Visitor, Harriman, TN, June 23, 2014 21:05
    140,000 miles and still dependable. I bought this one 6 years ago and have put over 60,000 miles on it. Only problems I have really had where brakes and rotors wearing quickly and having to recharge ac at least 2 to 3 times every summer. I have searched for leak and cannot find it. Other than that very reliable. It is the limited model.
    Visitor, Panama City, FL, June 17, 2014 12:03
    I purchased my '02 T&C EX in November, 2001. The only major problem I have had was rebuilding the transmission at about 90k miles. Now, June, 2014, and 126k+ miles, it is still going strong. I am having to replace the AC blower motor now, but, it still gets so cold it can run you out. There is a rattle that no one has been able to figure out (it sounds like the muffler to me, but, that has been checked) the electric doors have to be opened manually now and the headliner fell. Overall, I feel it has held up very well and is still a great vehicle.
    Visitor, Palm Coast, FL, June 16, 2014 21:23
    really all the reviews I see the van is now 7 or 8 years old you need to have expect some problems with a vehicle that's almost 10 years oldI just bought my 05 town and country and it had 83,000 miles on it then rides drives great full price at $5000 couldn't expect anymore I love it
    Visitor, Bronx, NY, June 13, 2014 17:34
    Presently own a 1998 Chrysler T&C/LXI, I am very pleased with my vehicle. Which I purchased at a Honda dealer in July 2009. It has EVERYTHING but! the Sunroof which I really wanted. It is Pearl White outside, with camel leather Captain seats inside. I keep it just like it was when purchased it. I go from Va., to Florida every year for the past 5 years since I brought. Replaced rack/pinion, starter. In need of muffler soon. I really ENJOY my van. Just change oil regularly. Have not changed tranny fluid since purchased. Hope to keep long as possible. Go from NY to Va., on 3/4 tank (348miles). Wish the best to the other owners. I was second owner, when I purchased. Prior owner kept it BEAUTIFUL. I will do the same. *( "Gma On Wheels)!!
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, June 11, 2014 00:55
    This is in reference to our 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited with the 4.0L V6. We paid $19,000.00 for it with 22K miles on it. This vehicle was a bargain for us considering its mileage and condition along with many features Power seats front and back, stow & go, video entertainment system with wireless headphones, navigation, loud audio system, that stores hundreds of cds in its memory, tandem dual dvd players, heated seats thoughout, moon-roof, back-up camera, parking sensors and big motor. For a 5 year old car at the time of our purchase, the exterior fit & finish was very good. Paint quality was high. Ours is the dark cranberry color with chrome clad wheels. Overall exterior is nice. Interior is inviting and luxurious looking with bone-colored leather seats and faux wood panels. We've had this vehicle for 2 years now. The auto-start feature is excellent, the power features list in this model is long and they all work as they should. All power doors & locks work well. All windows, vent windows and moonroof open and close properly without issue. GRIPES: I'm 6' tall so for me the front seats don't go back enough. The HVAC vents are in odd places though with limited swivels and aims for me. OVERALL: It's a very nice van with a smooth ride and lots of luxury features and appointments. The motor is very powerful. The 4.0 moves this minivan with authority. PROBLEMS: Not many to date with the exception of the following; The car has failed to start 2 times immediately after we purchased it. It seems to have only happened just after the car was turned off. Tried to start it and only dash lights illuminated with no power going to the starter, we changed the battery in the combo remote control key and the issue has yet to occur again and we never had it diagnosed. We thought the A/C was in need of a charge as the car's interior is not staying cool as it should. After we tested the A/C system pressure ourselves, we learned that the level was correct and that the compressor was working properly. We discovered the culprit was a very dirty cabin air filter, of which is located directly behind the glove box, easily accessible and quickly changed it ourselves with no tools needed. It took less than a minute to change this filter and now the A/C blows strong and cold. The under-mounted spare tire fell off while the vehicle was in motion, however, we don't know if it's a defect or a previous owner error in remounting it. The passenger side power door would not open or close when we tried using the touch button to do so. Then the dash info screen would display "obstruction detected" Upon close inspection we found that the previous owner's passengers must have spilled juice or soda inside the car which apparently made contact with the rubber door seal causing the door to stick to the seal when they made contact with one another. The problem was corrected by just cleaning the seal and the door. The black upper portion of the rear bumper has warped from the sun that it sometimes inhibits the power rear lift gate from opening. An easy fix for us though. The transmission is of concern to us though. We noticed that when the gear selector is placed in Drive, there is sometimes a harsh engaging causing a brief shutter. However, I did notice that this harsh engagement with the transmission being placed in Dirve from reverse can be avoided by waiting about 4 seconds before placing the the car in Drive and after the engine has been given a little time to warm-up. Very convenient for us. The stow & go feature is great, we can transform our mini van into a cargo van with a completely flat floor as all seats stow away perfectly into the vans floor. Overall, we are please with our purchase. We prefer not to buy new and will only buy low mileage vehicles that are straight & clean. We'd NEVER jump on the first deal. We did much research before committing, hence we'd only buy this make of minivan with the optional 4.0 motor. We believe that a smaller motor would be too stressed with all seats and A/C in use in Vegas summers. To date our van has 47,050 miles on it and it's still working fine for us and our 3 kids.
    Visitor, Rancho Cordova, CA, May 30, 2014 14:12
    I have to say this van has been one of the worst owner experiences of my life. Paying 45K for such a lemon makes me sick to think about. Besides the dishonesty of the sales staff when purchasing this thing, we have had nothing but problems. First off, the brakes need to be replaced every 15,000 to 20,000 miles..basically once a year with how much we drive. I have replaced the brakes on my Toyota two times in 12 years compared to five times in the last six years with the same amount of mileage as the Town and Country. The AC has gone out three times costing me over $3,000 just in the last two years. The engine cooling system has blown twice tacking on another $2,000 in repairs not to mention the complete inconvenience of having to tow the thing and rent a car while they try to fix it. One of the biggest inconveniences, though, has been the constant electrical issues, not knowing if the car will actually start because of the "glitches", also experienced by my father and his dodge SUV...and of course the dealer always says "it's fixed" after paying them a fortune, just to return a couple of months later with the same issue...but of course they say it's "something different" causing the same problem and costing me more money? Very peculiar. Finally, it is extremely annoying to listen to water slosh around in the sliding side door from it filling with rain water and not draining properly. I will never purchase or recommend a Chrysler vehicle again!
    b.b.wolf, Chandler, AZ, May 21, 2014 10:19
    Bought this vehicle with less the 800 miles on it six years ago, now at 65,000 miles. I have replaced the front brakes 3 times, water pump, radiator pitcock, alternator. Peeves about vehicle 1. Steering column inside of vehicle squeeks when turning if air temperature is under 85 degrees F. Teflon spray no help. 2. Dome lights overheat and burn sockets. 3. Slight fuel leak at top of fuel tank. 4. Power socket bad after a few uses. 5. Dash shrinking and separating from sun, although garaged when at home. 6. Arm rest on driver seat seems same material as dash, all cracked. 7. Sliding door inside plastic panels are not covered from factory unless you bought upgrade. 8. Horrible setup on coolant overflow, and defective pit cocks on radiator from factory. 9. Rear shocks make scraping sound when cooler weather.
    Visitor, Smithfield, NC, March 18, 2014 21:23
    after 6month of purchase van door would not shut until it got ready, than it made the battery go dead. Van was overheating, needed a holes replace. and to put the topping on the cake while driving it will shut down when it want to and it will not go. It starts but when you put in drive or any gear it will not go until it decide you can drive again with a rubbing sound when you put it in gear, it stop when it is in park. sure now a chyslar dealer can't seem to find nothing that computer is saying wrong with it than they say give me extra 600 to go deeper. some say it is the transmission, it is electrical, the computer needs replace, some say it is release barren in the motor. so many issue and no solutions. comfortable for children before issues but other than that it is not a bright decision to trust this vehicle maker
    Visitor, Randolph, NJ, March 17, 2014 09:13
    So disappointed. Got this minivan at a great price and with very low miles. Pretty soon I started having problems with the power windows blowing a fuse for no apparent reason. Then the steering column needed to be replaced. Then the lift gate bar broke I also have one of the sliding doors that randomly closes when you try and open it and the sensor doesn't work well and now the transmission has blown and the car only has 63,000 miles on it. NEVER buying one again!!!
    Visitor, Venice, FL, March 13, 2014 17:57
    This is the worst car I've ever owned. Everything that can go wrong has. Tire pressure sensors, air conditioner, windows stopped rolling down, slider doors never shut automatically, lift gate doesn't open, headliner fell, power steering is absolutely awful, transmission issues, and it randomly shuts off while I'm driving. I really don't have much nice to say except it's comfortable, the seats are holding up pretty well. It gets about 10 miles to a gallon in town. I would NEVER recommend this car to anyone ever.
    Visitor, Fort Myers Beach, FL, February 23, 2014 13:28
    Quite possibly the worst vehicle I have ever owned.
    Visitor, Norman, OK, February 17, 2014 15:36
    Run, Run away fast. Tires, brakes, engine, electrical, radiator leaks and replacement, CV joints. doors , Satellite radio. If its on this Chrysler it needs to be replaced or is about to break. Chrysler needs to be sued over this vehicle. That about sums it up.
    Visitor, Henderson, NV, February 11, 2014 22:51
    rear tail lights do not flash when unlock is keyed from remote.
    Visitor, Ennis, TX, January 24, 2014 10:10
    Done with chrysler
    Visitor, Bismarck, ND, January 06, 2014 21:12
    Since purchasing the 2005 town and country, we had to replace the transmission twice, water leaked into the front like figure, when using the right signal to turn, the left one comes on. The sliding door hinge on the rear passengers side COMPLETE broke off when opening it. We just lifted it and closed it to be locked as of today. So all entering is done through the back drivers side of the sliding door. After turning on the heater/air conditioner, it kicks in when ever it feels like it. Altenator is dead, again. Getting it fixed, only transportation to and from work. Of all the work put into this, can't afford to even think of investing into another vehicle, at this time.
    Visitor, Stratford, CT, December 29, 2013 16:20
    I have 1997 Chrysler town Country since 1998 is in good shape and run good but three time transmission has been rebuild
    wallywoolly, Windsor Locks, CT, December 16, 2013 01:58
    SINCE I HAVE BOUGHT CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY 2005, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING WRONG WITH SOMETHING. THE MOST PROBLEMS COMING FROM UNDER THE HOOD. HAVE 136000 MILES ON IT AND HAD RE-PLACED LOWER BALL JOINTS, UPPER BALL JOINTS SEVERAL TIMES AND STILL I HEAR CRACKING NOISES. SWAY BAR WAS REPLACED. TIE RODS WERE REPLACED. RADIATOR HAS BEEN REPLACED. AUTO LOCKS ARE NOT WORKING ANY MORE EVEN AFTER FIXING ONE TIME ($400). THEN THE VAN WOULD STALL AFTER DRIVING COUPLE OF MILES AFTER FILLING THE GAS TANK BUT GOT IT FIXED ($600). HAVE A GREAT RIDE FOR LONG TOURS BUT OVERALL COMPLETELY UNSATISFIED.
    Visitor, Humble, TX, December 07, 2013 19:31
    I purchased a Limited with 55k in July 2013.. I have 60k on it now (Dec 2013). This thing has turned me into a driveway mechanic... It rides and drives great... when it runs and I'm not chasing mechanical issues with it. Driving it off the lot, I experienced a shudder at about 40mph--- the selling dealer split the cost of replacing the Torque Converter, which fixed the shudder. Apparently there is a service bulletin on it--- it isn't a safety issue, but is annoying as heck. The only reason the dealer wouldn't do it for free is b/c they had to fix a load of other issues that surfaced on the drive home as well-- E.g., Check engine light (EVAP leak-Solenoid), side door lock & auto-close issues (bad wiring harnesses), bad wheel bearing, etc. They didn't have a return policy- obviously, but made lemonade out of the apparent lemon. I'm now adding vodka after 6-months and 5k miles. About a week after the dealer said 'enough, you're on your own', another check engine light--> a new EVAP leak... it was roll-over valve on the gas tank... thus I had to install a NEW gas tank. The tube connecting the valve had stretched and wouldn't maintain connection. While I had the tank off, I went ahead and replaced the fuel pump as a preventative measure. I recently encountered the loud squeal problem some have mentioned-- After checking alignment of the pulleys for serpentine belt, it was the main crankshaft pulley. It was wobbling & out of alignment. After getting the pulley off, I could see the rubber gasket running around it was totally shot-- a new one solved the problem. My wife was thrilled she is no longer heard coming and going from a mile away anymore. Last week, the EGR valve went bad and kicked a code... it was an easy fix (and cheap @ $45 on amazon), but annoying to see the check engine light... again. It looks like the previous owner or dealer had replaced the drivers side headlight b/c it is brand new, but the passenger side has so much condensation in it to render it useless. I'm ordering a new one this week. For those thinking about the Limited for navigation and fancy controls-- I'd say skip it. We use our phones for nav b/c the T&Cs screen is so low (waist high) in the dash and the controls are antiquated. All of the controls in the dash are difficult to see and use- Especially the climate control modules... too many buttons that are all way too low (feels like they're by your shins) to see easily. The center console is a bottomless pit, without cup-holders. For 2006, I'm sure all of this was advanced-- I've just been spoiled by renting a ton of new cars over the past couple of years. Maybe after another 5-10k I'll be used to it all and this won't be as concerning. Fuel efficiency- we're averaging 17mpg... I expected at least 20mpg for city. Now to the likes about this van-- as mentioned earlier, we love the drive and ride of the van. It's really comfortable for us and the kids... loads of room in the cockpit. The stow-and-go seats are the core reason we purchased the Town and Country (also looked at Caravans)... they have proven to be everything we hoped for and then some. The 3.8L's power is just enough for getting in and out of traffic in a large metropolis like Houston. With the 4-wheel disc brakes, it has great stopping power. Overall, we're disappointed in reliability with the issues we've faced in the first six months... I realize it's a used vehicle, but with so few miles, I had higher expectations. Now, I think I know why there are so few miles... it was in the shop half the time. We're hopeful the hangover from this vodka LEMONade goes away in 2014 and it gives me my weekends back by not needing repairs. One last note-- We recently rented a 2013 T&C on a family trip and... Chrysler has made good on most of my gripes as it was a great van all around... especially the controls and center console. I'm still searching for a wrecked 2013 so I can buy a cheap center console to attempt to retrofit it into ours!
    Visitor, Deltona, FL, December 07, 2013 11:37
    Best vehicle I have ever owned, bought from 2 retired school teachers 6 years ago with 81k miles on odometer,129k now, have serviced it regularily, every 30k trans service, every 3k oil & filter change, changed ball joints and tie rod ends a month ago, new struts and rear shocks, new axel shafts with lifetime gurantee, drove cross country fully loaded 3 times. Leather seats are like new, perfect, every 6 weeks treat them with leather treatment, all electronics work, dual airconditioning will freeze you out. No body rust, but van needs a new paint job, I will never give it up, it's cheaper to replace anything that breaks than spend 40k on a new one. Super comfortable ride, electric drivers seat is fantastic.
    Visitor, Saint James, MN, December 06, 2013 20:50
    BOUGHT 04 NEW, 3.8 HAVE 196000 DOESNT USE OIL PUT 1ST SET OF BRAKE PADS ON AT 110000. LOVE IT WOULD OWN ANOTHER ONLY SERIOUS PROBLEM IS WHEN FILL WITH GAS IT DIES OR MISSES AT FIRST. VERY DANGEROUS BUT CHRYSLER DOESNT SEEM TO CARE. ITS IN THE GAS TANK EMMISSION VALVE AND HAVE TO REPLACE WHOLE TANK JOKE JOKE
    Visitor, Mcdonough, GA, August 25, 2013 16:02
    My 2005 town&country has been skipping,jumping for about a year now,2 mechanics said couldn't find anything wrong no service engine light,no codes,what could be the problem!?
    Visitor, Logan, KS, May 28, 2013 08:43
    we bought our van used from a car dealer and it had like 40k on it in 2010 and had problems with the sliding side doors but nothing much of anything else. Now we got almost 90k miles on it and its got a little knocking sound eveytime u start it and goes away and we got a winning noise form the power steering pump but over all we really ant had any major problems yet thank god
    chipsahoy, Roswell, GA, May 21, 2013 08:11
    wish I had read the reviews before I bought my Chrysler. I don't think I would believe that about the whining sound if I didn't hear for myself. I've taken it to the shop many times and I've been told that is my imagination. Now my alternator is gone. The heater stopped working last winter. Sensor say car is over heating when it's not. I love having a mini van but I think my days of denial about my Chrysler are over.
    Visitor, Waynesboro, PA, May 09, 2013 04:57
    I had a 2005 t&c touring and loved it. Until..yep, until...constantly replacing brakes..back hatch went stupid and costly to repair. when I took it to the dealer they said it was electical issues which is know for this van. So, since the back hatch would not work, neither did the locking mechanism of the doors. You had to manully do everything. The back hatch hit me in the head so many times cause it would go up and down. This vehicle overall is a good one, except maybe this year if it did not go so well in the making of it. Replaced rotors and alternator. It had 179,000 miles on it and engine can sound like that "little engine that could"...lol...Honestly, I still liked it. Seating in the back for an Adult is not comfortable at all, especially for long rides. Front seating is great. Sound system just fine. A/c have to keep putting stuff in it. Also had to keep an eye on the transmission fluid even though it had no leak. I have 4 kids ranging 5 and younger all in carseats. So getting in and out if the van for them became a challenge. I now have a Suburban that I just got and like it so far. As for would I get another Chrysler, maybe the newer version, but still Chrysler parts and etc can be costly.
    Visitor, Holmen, WI, April 16, 2013 19:53
    bought our town and country used in oct 2011.good car but after we put close to 20,000 miles on van it started using oil. plug up cat converter.had enine tore down. 1 burnt's value and rings where leaking oil. we did buy warrenty but the company wouldn't stand buy it saying it was ware not defect. so much for buying warrenty that stated the repair eninge. new motor on the way. i will be glad to have it back on the road. it only had 108,000 miles on her
    Visitor, Waynesboro, GA, April 15, 2013 00:56
    I HAVE A CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY AND IT WILL DRIVE BY ITSELF WITHOUT ME PUTING MY FOOT ON THE GAS .AND WHEN I DO PUT MY FOOT ON GAS IT GOES NO MORE THAN 30 MILES AN HOUR CUT OUT THEN CATCH BACK THEN CUT OUT AGAIN..ALSO ITS IDLED UP TO 1 RPM DRIVING BY ITSELF WITHOUT ME PUTTING MY FOOT ON THE GAS...PLEASE HELP...
    meltroy, Port Charlotte, FL, March 29, 2013 10:07
    My van is a "limited".. Yes.. very limited indeed.. from traveling out of town last two years... My complication with my van is that the knocking I'm having after changing out the lifters, bolts,new filters & of course oil ect... cost us around $350 yesterday...It still is tapping, or knocking from below near the driver side and upon acceleration it becomes worse & louder!..Maybe the rods? I'm deeply upset.. Just changed the starter three weeks ago... cost us $120 to repair that new... This has now 98,ooo miles on it and haven't driven more than 1,2oo miles total in over 2 years also... haven't been able to go out of town in my van for over 2 years, due to financial matters unable to repair like we'd like.. I have to borrow a family memebrs vehicle to go more than 15 miles away in fear of this Van crapping the bed on us... we're trying to get this repaired inexpensively without having a new motor in this. We had electrical issues 2 years ago, month after we purchased, where the both slider doors wouldn't open and the van would stall when driving for over 30 minutes.. (nothing to do with fuel pump,or battery,which could cause the stalling) that's repaired..BUT this issue with the ticking/chatter noise is horrible..any idea? rods/bearings??? Thank you ! Mel
    Visitor, Claremont, NH, March 10, 2013 17:12
    Im in shock reading some of the other reviews. I guess ill knock on some wood too. I bought this 2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring with 95k miles in November of 2012. Even though i havent owned it that long, i have not seen a single problem, love it actually.Great fuel economy as high as 33 on level roads and with no head winds, in most case i get 18 around city driving and 27-29 on the highway. It has a pretty powerful 3.8 and im proud that the same 5 quarts that i put in is the same that come out. Loves the stow n go seating. I can go one with other great things of this van but dont want to piss off the ones that bought bad ones. Hope they dont ever buy a bad lunch, they may not ever eat again lmfao.
    Visitor, Philadelphia, PA, February 02, 2013 05:23
    Bought this LX van used in 2010. Have had no major problems. changed brakes once. changed a burnt out overhead light. Love everything about it except for the gas mileage averaging 16 city miles. I wish I could improve that some how. It handles the road very nice. People that ride with me says it's a smooth riding van. It's also great for hauling sheet rock and other supplies. It's just great overall. keeping it tuned up,changing eng /trans oils regularly making sure all fluid levels are proper helps it to stay in good shape.For those that have been disappointed maybe they need to see how they are treating their van. I'm blessed.
    Visitor, Rocky River, OH, January 24, 2013 02:26
    Also, what engineer designs a cooling system with this old 1970's style coolant "siphon" resiviour design.....my old 1991 Volkswagen Cabriolet convertible has a coolant resiviour where the resiviour cap IS the coolant cap and the resiviour sits above the radiator level, so if the coolant resiviour is full, then the radiator is full....duhhh, when will these american engineers wake up?
    Visitor, Morristown, NJ, January 16, 2013 08:52
    I own a "Limited Edition" and have no complaints about the engine's performance (quite good actually), heating, A/C, suspension, and the steering with the right tires is very good too. The brakes are abysmal. 3 sets of front rotors in less than 70,000 miles and the 4th set is starting to warp. I did find a vented disk for this vehicle that I will use on the next replacement. Sadly, the transmission has a "slap" in it (same behavior my 1976 Dodge Charger had - probably the same transmission) when rolling on acceleration from 2mph to 5mph and it FAILED completely on 1/16/13 losing forward and reverse. This is my 9th car, 3rd and last American made car. Seems the words of Thomas Paine borrowed by Lee Iacocca in the '80s prevails - time for American car makers to just get out of the way...
    Visitor, Clifton Heights, PA, January 09, 2013 08:55
    I love the 2007 T & C van. I have 63,000 miles on it and only had to replace brakes, tires, wiper blades, the battery, and a few bulbs. No big deal. The van has good power, brakes are fantastic, and the overall reliability is wonderful. I read the other reviews of people who've had problems and I guess it's possible that other people could have a different experience. Usually only disatisfied people take the time to post about a product. That's sad, because it's not a true indicator of the whole picture. I will most certainly purchase another T & C in the future!
    Visitor, Mckinney, TX, January 02, 2013 06:39
    Bought new - have had numerous problems. Largest was A/C going out at 60K. Extended warranty expired 1 month before - Chrysler did pay for most to replace. Have 108K on it - good road trip car, but too many problems to consider buying again. Some of the problems - Brakes, Steering rack, A/C, Window regulators, radiator leaks, alternator (replace twice), Water pump,Battery (4), Oil consumption (put in 1 qt. every 2K).
    USNPENPAL, Pensacola, FL, December 07, 2012 17:46
    163,000 miles and still going strong. Interior ok, but like most the interier overhead material has been removed due to it dropping. Drive train, normal maintenance Electrical, NOTE THIS GUYS If your speedometer does not work, just dies, then ZERO your tripometer, below the speedometer, then press it again for about 25 secondss, release it when all your electrical system starts flashing and going nuts. The computer is resetting everything and you speedometer shall start working again. Engine NO TUNE UP OR INJECTOR WORK YET. Course I use a special fuel additive. She still gets 32mpg too. A/C finially spring a leak near the engine but hey 163,000! Suspension and stearing. Currently having a problem with a rattle due to wear and tear I'm sure, but can't find the rattle. It is on the other side of the firewall, and apparent when driving over bumps, but really becomes loud when I press the brake peddal lightly. Note: brakes have been inspected. FUEL PUMP FROBLEM. GUYS DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT RUN YOUR CAR INTO THE RED ON YOUR GAS GAGE. THESE FUEL PUMPS ARE GASOLINE COOLED, YOU RUN IT DOWN TO EMPTY, GUESS WHAT? YUP YOUR FUEL PUMP GETS H O T!!! I USED TO GET 600 MILES PER TANK, DARN IT IF I DID NOT REPLACE TWO PUMPS BEFORE A GOOD MECHANIC ASKED ME IF I LIKED GOING DOWN TO EMPTY. THAT ENDED THAT HABIT. HOPE THIS HELPED SOMEONE.
    acnut, Vacaville, CA, November 21, 2012 03:21
    I 've had my Town & country since Febuary 2004,it has 163,000 miles on it,the transmission has been out standing, but my body paint is peeling across the rear top,rear rt side, & back of car My dad bought this car from the Bob Hope Classic Golf Tournament in 1997, he had it serviced by the Palm Springs Chrysler Dealer, when any maint was due, religously on time. I change my own oil and filter, using synthetic oil, and the best oil filter,maintaining everything on the car, as I am a retired mechanic. But recently the 3.8 V6 engine developed an major oil leak on the left side of the motor, and its not coming from the oil filter or cooler or valve covers or intake manifold, possibly
    Visitor, Mastic Beach, NY, October 26, 2012 08:05
    This is a mini van not a Ferrari, I read all the comments on handling and braking. I have 110,000 miles on a 2007 T&C Touring and it is doing good by us. The paint is all intact because we have it cleaned regularly. I read people that say the paint stinks, try and wash it on a regular basis. If you skip a shower or two do you stink of course you do. I also love the one comment about price, if you couldn't get a better deal on it and cant afford it don't buy it. I got a screaming deal on mine and it will resell for about a third of what I bought it which that's a decent number considering miles and wear and tear. I got $9k off the sticker price when I purchased it NEW in 2007.
    Visitor, Hightstown, NJ, October 17, 2012 06:59
    To the guy who posted before this post. If car is not starting or starting and stalling. Check to see if odometer and gear indicator is on or off. If the milage and gear select screein is not working there is a printed circuit board on the back of instrument cluster where a soldered area breaks. What i usually do is smack the instrument cluster a few times and if the milage come back on you can start the car. If not I remove the trim around the cluster (one that the traction control switch is on then the other where light switch is) un plug all conections and you will then see four screws holding in cluster. Remove the four screws ( try to use magnetic screw driver so you dont loose screws) and start by gently shaking cluster til odometer comes back on and car will start. If the odometer is working and car still does not start try disconnecting battery and shaking battery around. I think one of the wires on to and from battery might have an issue. that has happen to me a few times too. Obviously these are not repairs but at least in will get car starte
    Visitor, Orland, CA, September 30, 2012 21:37
    i just bought my 2005 town and country and im not liken it.only had it 3 weeks and im seeing problems,,,,,,now i see why it only had 59,000miles,,,,,,,tires no good brakes no good when i turn off the motor sounds like its still running......burns alot of oil..uses alot of gas..my passenger window rolls up realy slow...back locks on the slidding doors dont work.....and the dealer said oh best van around.......hmmmmmm...never again 5 years in debt now,,,,,,,
    Visitor, Ogden, UT, August 24, 2012 07:39
    Had T&C since new in 2002. The van has a "hesitation" almost like stalling problem when I turn left from a stop or very low speeds. Problem since new. Dealer could not figure it out. Still does it at 130K. Stering has been a problem for a long time as well; noisy/humming and hard turning specially during call weather; when warm it still does it but less. Sliding doors stops working intermitently. Gas millage is horrible; 17 city/21 Hwy. Front cealing console light went out; had to by an "update" part required in order to get the light bulb replaced; $100. I believe that should have been a recall item since, i believe the update came as a safety electrical issue with the old part. $400 for passenger side front seat arm reast; labor not included. Overall, parts are VERY expensive. Wipers get jam/tanggled and twisted while driving at freeway speeds; bad when happens during snow storm- wipers are unreliable. Smoth and fairly quiet ride. Still will not buy another Chrysler ever again. I had much better experiences with my Honda cars.
    Visitor, Fombell, PA, August 19, 2012 18:55
    Bought the van new, @ 28k the fly wheel went!!!! It was under warranty & fixed. 20 k miles later , the van kept bucking & THEY SAID IT WAS NOT SOMETHING COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY. Several small things...middle driver side door has broken several times(won't open) impossible to get spare tire out from under van, Interior & exterior still look good...the engine died @ 150k. Is it worth repairing again?
    Visitor, Kenova, WV, August 09, 2012 14:04
    I cannot even list all the things that I have had fixed on my CHrysler Town and Country. LEMON! As soon as the warranty went out it started having problem after problem. Currently it has no air conditioning and I live in WV (always hot and humid). I have had things fixed I have never heard of! I will never buy another one. I wish someone would start a lawsuit against Chrysler. They used cheap crap to make our cars and then filed bankruptcy! Ughhhh
    Visitor, Midlothian, VA, August 07, 2012 19:32
    I could give a Zero but is not an option. I had several problems with this 2007 T&C, we paid so much money for this vehicle is not worth it, the ac control module had to be replaced the ac system repaired, the transmission selenoid changed, the speakers replaced, window sometimes don't work, the rear ac system was already replaced in Florida but it quit working again, the paint is pealing here and there.I'm tired of going back to the dealer and had to pay each time more and more. We regret buying this van. The retail value to sell this van is not even the third amount of money we paid for this @#$%^&*
    Visitor, Macomb, MI, August 04, 2012 11:20
    My Last Chrysler ever. Bought into the buy american hype and the red white and blue flag hanging over their Auburn Hills Headquarters. Chrysler makes crap, it's that simple, the company is run by beancounters who source business only based on price, they could care less about quality or where the part is made. Parkway dealership in Macomb Mi did nothing for me, leaking transmission, leaking engine oil, 1000 A/C repair, vehicle under 70,00 miles. What a shame, they lost a customer for life.
    Visitor, Greenville, FL, August 03, 2012 13:34
    Purchased pre-owned with 16K. (By the way, I didn't get the info on the rear evaporator recall, but rarely engage rear a/c ..Hmmm.) Regularly served -- I'm the little old lady you want to buy a car from! Both side door power stopped working around 30K; Front overhead lights about 50K; Evap Code a month ago, and this week lifters quit and engine gone with 2 payments left. When I asked the shop what I did wrong so I'd never make that mistake again, the response "Bought a Dodge (Chrysler)".
    Visitor, Middletown, DE, July 29, 2012 11:05
    Just passed 72,000 and have had many recalls and trips to the dealer. Have had problems with the electrical systems, brakes, navigation system, and it's now in the shop again with new problems. I would never buy a Chrysler again. I should have gone with the Honda but wanted to try American after years of avoiding them, big mistake.
    Red Town, Montgomery Village, MD, July 09, 2012 07:24
    Awesome, Love it.
    Visitor, Columbus, IN, June 05, 2012 04:33
    At 50,000 miles, it started using oil like it was drinking it...no leaks, just using it. I had the oil changed (at the dealership) at 60,000 miles. At 65,000, 3 days before it was scheduled for its next oil change, it threw a rod. Now the dealership is telling me that I need a new engine, which they want me to pay $5,000 for. So, I have a $30,000 van that is 4 yrs old and now needs a new engine that I'm supposed to pay for. Have american car companies completely lost it? They wonder why people are buying foreign cars?
    Visitor, Vacaville, CA, May 17, 2012 18:10
    I purchased a new 2001 Chrysler Town and Country EX van for my wife on June 21, 2001. It was built in Canada. At 4200 miles the camshaft broke. I mean broke into. The camshaft was replaced by my local dealer under warranty. This dealer does not have mechanics. Only parts replacers. At 6800 miles the second cam shaft broke. Back to the dealer and arranged a meeting with the Chrysler representative. Chrysler would not replace the van. They agreed to replace the engine with a short block and gave us a 70,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty with free rental car and no deductible for any repairs needed. Since the second camshaft, rack and pinion steering has been replaced, transmission repalced, electrical problems,(may have been caused by dealer), power window switches inop, pass door loack actuator went out, brake problems, front end parts replaced, AC acumulator, drier went out, AC Compressor went out, valve covers, and oil pan leaks oil, and all kinds of misc stuff mostly caused by inept dealer employees. It is the nature of the beast to eat front brakes and batteries. The van now has 83,000 miles. I have had to replace the front brakes five times and the rear brakes twice. The battery (any brand) only lasts for 2.6 years. The body and interior has held up well. If you buy any Chrysler product,you will need to purchase an extended warranty. Good Luck.
    Visitor, Lampasas, TX, May 07, 2012 10:29
    I put a alternater and a new ignition switch and its not starting still..
    Visitor, Waterbury Center, VT, May 03, 2012 19:30
    Bought new, can't keep brakes on it, rusting along rockers and underneath. Garage kept & well maintained 94000. No more chrysler for me.
    Visitor, Rochester, MN, April 17, 2012 08:24
    Oh Boy What a Lemon!!!!!!! Where do I start. I bought this van new in 2008. Ever since I have replaced brake pads annually. Rotors every other year. It has gone through two sets of new tires. It has NUMEROUS very serious recalls. Two new sets of front wheel bearings. The most recent major fix was this winter at 80,000 miles the head gaskets needed to be redone. Now on average either the lifetime powertrain warranty or a recall has paid for or reimbursed most of my expenses, but this is getting old. Just this past weekend at a routine oil change I found out about the airbag module that needed to be replaced or whatever that was. Waiting for the parts to come in. Also discovered two new oil leaks. Luckily those are covered by the powertrain warranty. But the kick to the gut was that my front struts are completely shot. This vehicle only has 90,000 miles on it. I have never replaced struts on any vehicle I have ever owned in my life all of which lasted well into 200,000 plus miles before I got something new. Too say this vehicle has been nothing but a stress would be an understatement. It has since purchase spent on average every 3 to 4 months in the shop for major fixes of one sort or another. Now struts. What are the odds if I just hold out these too will be recalled? ARGH!!!!!! A warning to anyone considering buying this vehicle used, DO NOT PURCHASE. The only reason I have not sold or traded this vehicle in is I refuse to pass this lemon on and void the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Chrysler is gonna honor that for life and I'm not gonna let them off the hook for putting out such a piece of crap product by selling this POS to some poor unassuming sap who doesn't know better. :( :( NEVER will I buy another chrysler product and I have been a faithful chrysler owner for over 20 years.
    Visitor, Fairfield, TX, March 15, 2012 11:16
    there is something wrong with the electrical system all the lights blink on and off the horn beeps and the fuel pump shuts off running or not
    Visitor, Portland, OR, March 11, 2012 14:53
    33000 miles on my 2008 touring Brakes need replacing often, small electrical issues with cutting out stereo, Massive front end problems with struts, brakes, brake sensors, power steering leak, AC hose failed. I have had tons of recalls redone on this van and will be getting rid of it and getting a honda. Terrible vehicle Never by Chrysler or Dodge, this was supposed to be the top of the line and for $30k I expected to get several years of worry free driving, I got a constant headache.
    Visitor, Eden, NC, March 09, 2012 18:17
    Bought used from Carmax in Greensboro, NC w/ 36k miles. Side doors failed 3x and had fixed. DVD player failed and replaced. Noticed rust on back driver side panel at 50k and Carmax won't cover w/ 6yr/60k. Chrysler told me I'm out of luck after we took it to the dealership and sent pics to corporate. It is rusting from the inside and the estimate is $5,400 to fix. Corporate says the warranty went out at 36k and rust isn't covered even though one rep said it's from the evaporator drain. Driving this piece of crap back to Carmax and will let them buy it back. The Chrysler rep was so insincere it made me sick. Never buy Chrysler--they don't stand behind their products and they lie.
    Visitor, Newbern, TN, March 08, 2012 12:38
    I bought a 94 Chrysler Town and Country about 6-7 yrs ago. It had 114,000 mi. on purchase date and currently has about 180,000 mi. It's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. So far no major mechanical problems, just the normal wear and tear. The main thing I've had to replace was my sliding door due to my ex's mechanic work and my temper when the door lock messed up (normal wear and tear with the plastic covering in the lock mechanism) and part of the fuel lines (cracked due to dry rot, bad materials or nicked by debris from the road (sticks, rocks, etc.)). Since replacing the door, I still have problems with it, but the door was from a junk yard and the lock is rusted up, so extra pressure is needed to shut it good. I've replaced my radiator fan just recently and fixing to replace my rotors and shocks. Outside of that, only routine maint. (oil change, breaks checked, fluids checked, blinker bulb replacement, headlight bulb replacement, spark plugs and wires replacement) has been done to the van. I'm unsure if I would buy another due to the main reason I wanted a van was because of my large family. The kids are now hitting the ages where I'll be downsizing my vehicle to an suv that is suitable for future use and not so big and bulky for just me and my hubby to drive. However, if it tears up before my children leave the nest, I would definately purchase another Town and Country mini van. Until then, I'm driving the one I have until I can't drive it anymore!
    Visitor, Daly City, CA, March 08, 2012 12:15
    Initially when i got it from the dealership it was ok. But then i had to bring it back to the dealership due to a transmission kick when downshifting. they adjusted something in the computer right there and then i said what a piece of junk. Suspension and handling is very poor, even when braking it feels that the front brakes is the only one working but, when i had it in the shop and complain about the problem they said it was ok that there were no problem. i bought the van due to family is getting big and i felt that it was safe for my family but like i said suspension and handling sucks. i dont have the piece of mind when my wife drives this van esp when the kids are in also.
    Visitor, Omaha, NE, March 07, 2012 06:53
    Bought used w/ approx 20,000 miles on it, now has 68,000. Always kept fluids up, changed oil/ filter at 3500 miles, belt changed at around 55,000. Both power sliding door units failed at around 35,000- still not right. Drinks oil at rate of 1qt per 750 miles since 55,000 mark. Chrysler said to change pcv valve- did no good. No drips, no colored exhaust or burning smell and no one can tell me where oil is going- turning to sludge perhaps? Tried Seafoam engine flush- no change. Now hearing more and more of a grind from engine- water pump? AC unit? P-steering? Main bearing?... Yet another premature death to a piss-poor vehicle. Will try to pass problems back to a worthless car dealer. Can't see buying another chrysler product anytime soon.
    Visitor, Huntington Beach, CA, February 29, 2012 06:51
    WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT TO PAY TO HAVE HEAD GASKETS DONE ON A 2001 TOWN & COUNTRY. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK WITH THE SEALANT THAT ARE OUT THERE. TRADRTHOM@AOL.COM
    Visitor, La Crescenta, CA, February 22, 2012 22:08
    2001 with 135k. Never given any problems I do the maintenance (brakes, mopar oil for transmission and engine)replaced rear tail lights once about it. All in all this is one of the best cars/van/truck I have ever had. Word to the wise (if you have to take your car(any car) to a mechanic more than once for the same or similar issue, take it somewhere else (and get a second opinion) a lot of cars get bad names when really its the repair shop.
    Visitor, Auburn, AL, February 20, 2012 18:27
    we bought this new, had brake pads worn quickly and was recalled and reinbursed. then both sliding doors failed due to plastic guides for the door cables breaking. had a wire harness recall, had a transmission replaced, had a coolant line break and replaced, had front right wheel bearings replaced,now burning excessive oil and no resolution by dealership
    Visitor, Port Hueneme, CA, January 23, 2012 17:40
    At 140,000-Great Van! It is excellent for short distance, road trips and everything in between. It is quiet, smooth ride and trouble free. No engine or transmission problems to report. Brakes do tend to pulse/vibrates under heavy use. I plan on installing drilled front rotors to prevent this problem in the future. The interior is great but I never liked the moveable center console. It doesn't hold drinks but does hold a lot of everything else and the built-in power outlet is great. The dash does have a pull-out double cup holder and it holds most drinks well. On this model year, the seats don't stow into the floor like the other models but they are better seats and can be removed or folded flat to provide a flat surface with more capacity than others. I really like this feature more than other minivan seats. The seating positions are nice and comfortable. Would like a bit more softness or cushion but I'm sure it wouldn't wear well. The dashboard is nice with nothing too awkward or in your face like some other vans and the gauges are the very nice Chrysler chrome and electroluminescent soft green glow found in other Chrysler cars like the 300. Very classy! It did very well in a recent smog check passing all emissions well below the limits. A window motor failed once but the part and replacement was cheap. Some of the illumination of the panel switches have faded but controls are still functional. Transmission shifts nice and engine noise is well muted. There is very little wind noise and some road noise which can be mitigated by tires. In all, it is a very well designed, good looking minivan with more luxury and utility than many SUVs. It holds up extremely well with no signs of wear. I look forward to buying a newer model when this van gets too old but I think it has many more serviceable years left and I am sure it will pass 200,000 without a glitch.
    Visitor, Madisonville, KY, January 12, 2012 13:02
    We bought it 2 years ago with 128,000 miles on it Ran great for a few months then had to replace power steering pump which was a pain in the @ss. Transmission went out at 150,300 miles. The rubber around the windows kept coming loose and I had to continually have it re-glued. AC went out last summer. Turn signals had some crossed wiring or malfunction (I would turn left one on and the right one would blink instead) or wouldn't work at all... Granted, it had some miles on it, but its ridiculous that it had that many issues. I'm not a fan of Dodge or Chrysler at this point and will never own another.
    Visitor, Northville, MI, December 30, 2011 07:33
    Where do I start...bought it pre-owned from a dealership at 31K and now 3 years later it has 69K on it and this is all that has went wrong since then. At 36K the front air leaked and my extended warranty covered, at 39K the rear air leaked and warranty covered it. At 42K some electrical part went and I complained because the warranty did not cover and I paid $40 to have it fixed. At 45K the entire steering rack need to be replaced at the warranty covered it, now at 69K the catalytic converter is plugged and thankfully the federal law has a coverage on it for 8yrs./80K which I am covered. Right now it is at the dealer and they are ordering the converter and they said it needs brakes, possibly 2 O2 sensors and the left outer tie rod is loose and needs to be replaced and may still need plugs and wires - ARE YOU F'en KIDDING ME? I owe $8,700 on this pig iron called a vehicle and I will be looking to trade it in for a KIA or Toyota - I'm DONE BUYING american....and yes I purposely spelled american in LOWER CASE since their quality is LOWER CLASS!
    bphipps02, Harrogate, TN, December 20, 2011 01:12
    2006 Chrysler Town & Country Visitor, Speedwell, TN December 20, 2011 3:27 am Bought new. Currently has 2001,0950 miles. Just had to replace serpentine belt, water pump, alternator. Other than regular maintenance have had to replace rotors once. Still rides and drives like new. All other repairs because of neglect when family used it for 2 yrs. This is my 2nd T & C. Have to say it has been a great little ride and gets excellent gas mileage. Makes traveling with grandchildren easier and more comfortable, especially with the dvd player. Husband has a 2008 Avenger and has not been so lucky. Everytime we take a lengthy trip in it I wish we had taken the van. I was a former Chevy and Ford owner and went to Dodge and Crysler because of the buyer incentives hubby earned with a 30 yr. career at Diamler. Have been well pleased with the 2 Ram trucks we have owned, 1 Pacifica, 2 stratus, 1 300M, and years ago my Laser(awesome 4cyl,turbo charged,all the goodies) and kept up with a Corvette, Porsche, and much to my then 16 yr old son's dismay, his prized Camaro SS. Held him for 45 minutes on a curvy road because it took the curves faster and better with no sliding. It was all over though, when we hit a 1 mile straight stretch (he smoked me). All in all our experience with the Chrysler T & C could be rated 4 & 5 star.
    Visitor, Grayson, GA, November 18, 2011 10:19
    I agree with so many, my 2007 chrysler town and country is the worst vehicle I ever bought brand new. It's 2011 and already replaced catalytic convertor, paid for both electric doors to be fixed, door latch on driver side door replaced, brakes make constant noise,gas mileage is awful. DVD player had to be replaced, at least that was still under warranty. Paint on inside front seat door handles started chipping almost within months.When my front dome lights went out, I went to replace bulbs and the connections were melted, ridiculous amount to replace, so I just have no dome lights. I will never buy anything else even related to a chrysler. Expensive lesson learned. It's bad to not have finished paying for something and not be sure it's even going to last that long.
    Visitor, Modesto, CA, November 12, 2011 15:36
    2000 town / country. I drive for about 5-10 min runs good then if I come to a stop or driving and let go of the gas pedal van shuts completely down lights and all. strats back up but rpm very low wants shut off but I keep my foot on the gas pedal to keep it running then it's ok afther a min or two?????
    bowblack, Greeneville, TN, October 08, 2011 14:20
    van feels like it has a light miss between 20/45.dealer drove van twice.said codes were all o k. i was told the transmission converter was what was causing it . they told me they could not do any repair unless there was a recall on that problem. it has the 6 speed, 3.8 with 14k on it. gas milage is also low.if you have had this problem e mail me. ottishaney@yahoo.com. thanks
    Visitor, Lacey, WA, September 11, 2011 14:13
    Biggest piece of useless car I've ever owned. Chrysler mechanics seem to be incompetent or lazy. Car is getting 8 to 10 mpg, yet dealership says, "the computer says nothing is wrong", yet I am still getting 170 to 210 miles per 20 gal tank of gas. In a 2000 Chev Venture it was 400 to 430 miles per 20 gal tank. Been into the dealers 7 times, yet they cant seem to fix the problem. Trim and door gaskets coming off.
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, September 08, 2011 10:04
    Spent the last half of my time (2.5 years) in the dealership waiting room. Terrible braking system. Have had mine replaced 4 times and rotors twice. Have had 5 Chrysler vans and this is the last. Lots of recalls and problems. Radio, navigation, brakes, A/C, axels, struts, sway bar...you name it....sitting here again waiting for warped rotors to be repaired. At my cost of 210.00. Never again!!!
    Visitor, Corpus Christi, TX, August 28, 2011 22:48
    The van is a total piece of crap.Windows don't work,replaced radiator,several batteries,head lights,indoor carpet due to condensate leak(warranty)headliner,and only 150,000 miles.Cluster lighys blimk on and off.
    Visitor, Dahlonega, GA, August 21, 2011 15:58
    I bought a new 2000 T&C LX in 2000. Just replaced the radiator and water pump. Engine and Transmission orginal. Just turned 253,000. My wife drives a 2007 T&C but the quality is not built into this one.
    Visitor, Dayton, OH, August 15, 2011 15:26
    Bought brand new.Now having the same problem many have had. 58 thou. water pump leaking, serpantine belt all replaced. Auto sliding door went out less than a year but covered by warranty.Brakes & rot. replaced. Ceramic brakes work better. Still rides like the 1st day I drove it off the lot.
    Visitor, Wilmington, IL, August 09, 2011 09:19
    Bought brand new in 2007. Touring model. Brake problems, rotor problems, wheels are pitting and chipping, sliding doors never work right, front passenger window sticks in the down position often,rear ac quit working, airbag light has been on for 30,000 miles been to dealer numerous times problems always come right back,tv/dvd player works ok but tv wont stay in closed postion when not in use, weird high pitched engine noise. Basically this is a $31,000 piece of crap. Chrysler makes a horrible product that they cant even fix !!!! Never Again!
  • 1999 Chrysler Town & Country
    Visitor, New Castle, PA, August 09, 2011 07:18
    This all-wheel drive van has been incredible to say the least. I can honestly say that I have 132,000 miles on it and no problems with it. It has never even needed an alternator, starter, or a water pump replaced. The A/C is still cold and only charged it once myself. This van goes like hell in the snow, right up hills of western pennsylvania with no problem. It even looks pretty good for what its been through. One of the BEST vehicles I've ever owned by far.
    Visitor, The Dalles, OR, August 06, 2011 09:54
    WOW.brakes are a big problem all new times two. always make noise and grind will chrysler ever get it.older vans tranny problem and now a rough tranny and bad brakes . not to mention water on your feet when you run the air conditioning . how about standing behind your product.
    Visitor, Papillion, NE, August 04, 2011 12:44
    Have 63k miles on this vehicle. Anyone can look up the recalls....Since the brake pads were replaced under recall at 7,000 miles, I've replace the front pads 3 times and the rear once along with all 4 rotors. I am now getting ready to have a complete brake job done on the front because the front right caliper is seizing and hoses collapsing. The brakes have never worked right. The check engine light is on now as well. Since 30,000 miles, it loses about a quart of oil every 3-4,000 miles. The transmission has always slipped and the dealership says they cannot recreate the issue. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler. The sliding passenger doors stay open frequently.
    Visitor, Aurora, IL, August 02, 2011 17:50
    Bought in 2006 with 8,500 on it. now has 42k and the pw windows have been problems, lock on left side rear door does not work, Replaced the stab bar bushing, Lost count on Brake jobs, Now the AC has stopped working. I paid a shop 850 to replace the parts under the dash and a week later the air is blowing hot again. Will have to take back. Uses oil, does not leak but I put a quart in between changes every 3k. Stow and go seats are convient but NOT comfortable to sit on for very long trips. No wonder chryler went bankrupt. I just bought a Toyota to replace my 98 Dodge Van. Chrysler has lost my loyality forever. Bill Aurora Illinois
    Visitor, Chesapeake, VA, July 27, 2011 06:31
    rotors went bad at 20,000 miles.
    Visitor, Huntsville, AL, July 17, 2011 08:16
    This van is just great! Only after 206,000 miles have we needed to do any repairs-(waterpump and radiator). The body is clean and straight. Even though it's never seen the inside of my garage, the paint still shines. The interior is only slightly worn with no cracks, splits, fades, or tears. All features and accessories work properly. We drive it every day, and still rely on it to visit family in Florida 2-3 times a year. How many people can say that with over 200,000 miles on the clock? The (3.3 v6) engine runs great and the oil is still clean when changed every 3000 miles. Some folks may say this is wastefull, but I have had no repairs- none! The same goes for the transmition (I occasionaly pull utillity trailers and a 26' boat) ... regular service- no repairs.
    Visitor, Munster, IN, July 16, 2011 12:54
    I would give zero stars, but this site won't let me. We have a Limited, and its a complete piece of crap. 50K on ours, and it's had been in to repair leaky oil gaskets, electrical problems (sliding doors and heated seats), and twice to fix rear a/c. I hope no one ever has to change a flat on a highway, because the spare can only be accessed from the driver's side. Worst vehicle we have ever owned. I wish I'd known that Chrysler had hired all the engineers from Yugo when that company folded. I rue the day that we were suckered into to buying this turd on wheels.
    Visitor, Acworth, GA, July 12, 2011 18:23
    I have 155000 miles and is still going strong, great car, no major work yet to be done.
    Visitor, Rural Valley, PA, June 27, 2011 14:08
    I have been driving Dodge,Chrysler vehicles for 45 years....this is the worst vehicle I have owned....replaced the tie rod ends before the warrenty expired; new brakes, rotors and claipers also at 40,000 (never replaced these items); now both oxygen sensors have had to be replaced at 49,565 miles. There has been a rumbling noise up front since it hit 30,000 miles, the dealer thought it was the tierods; huh! numerous garages....no one can identify the noise, it is annoying since I live on a country road and sounds like my wheels are going to fall off. Next vehicle......anything but a Chrysler/Dodge.
    Visitor, Spring, TX, June 12, 2011 10:00
    The transmission in our van went out at 53,000 and was rebuilt under warrenty at the dealership. I have had numerous problems with the van since purchasing it-air conditioner, fluid system, radiator and of course the transmission. I just had it rebuilt again last week. It currently has 93,000 miles. Two rebuilt transmissions in 4 years. POS van!!! Never again will I buy a Chrylser. Not worth the money to fix or being stranded with kids.
    Visitor, San Diego, CA, March 17, 2011 22:33
    We bought the limited edition new in 2002. We now (2011) have 202,000 miles on it. Wife drives 22K mi per year with 3 kids. Overall excellent performance over life cycle. Only major problem was transmission rebuild at 97,000 mi but covered under original 7yr/100K warranty offered as result of 9-11. Leather interior in great condition. Water pump replacement every 60K, radiator at 140K, battery needs replacing every 18 months due to everything is electrical and constant drain and recharge. Currently may need to replace original AC evaporator. No engine problems currently but considering a total engine rebuild as preventative measure to keep the car for next 5 years as happy with it, it still runs and looks great, and do not want a new car monthly payment.
    tribblesome, Rockport, TX, February 13, 2011 17:25
    Sorry for all of you that have not had good luck with your van. This is our 3rd Chrysler/Plymouth van and it is the BEST car I have EVER owned. Love the storandgo seats, use them often, the ride and mileage are great. Going on 99,000 miles and have only had the injectors cleaned once. Wish I could afford a new one, but am now on SS only. Hope it lasts another 99,000.
    Visitor, Naperville, IL, January 24, 2011 19:22
    The body is a rust bucket. I've spent tons of $$s on replacing rusted parts and brakes.
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, January 11, 2011 05:54
    We bout this brand new in 2006. The design / layout works great with kids. This is the only good thing I can say. Chrysler and their dealerships do not stand behind their product. And I do not think they can, they would be out of business! Had the van in several times due to the AC not working, they never fixed the problem just kept recharging it. Finally Chrysler came out with a recall on the rear evaporator and had that replaced under warranty. Sliding door actuator failed at 50K, Water pump went out at 65K miles, Transmission failed at 69K, return power steering hose failed at 72K miles. Just waiting to see what happens next, it’s obvious the design life of Chrysler is about 50K!
    spulak, Flagler Beach, FL, December 12, 2010 08:32
    Comfortable ride for a long legged driver. Once warmed up at highway speed there's a growling noise from the engine that rises and falls with the accelerator...no diagnosis yet. Decent mileage for this large 6 cyl van- 20-21 in most cases including town.
    Visitor, Middleburg, FL, November 27, 2010 06:31
    I bought my 2006 t&c van with the stow and go, Like everyone else I too started hearing a high pitched noise, i have asked the dealership and independant mechanics, noone can tell me what is making the noise, then I over filled the powersteering resevoir and power washed the engine compartment, the noise went away, now the water pump is leaking. additionally the inside reading lights inthe front shorted out and now I have to replace the entire outlet
    Visitor, Melbourne, FL, November 24, 2010 10:53
    Original owner since October 1999. Runs great with 148,000 miles on it. Only replaced V-belt (serpentine), water pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, brakes, rotors, one rear brake drum. Headliner is sagging. Original engine, transmission, A/C, radiator, fuel pump, master cylinder, hoses. I'm very happy with it; but my next car will be a 4-cylinder with better gas mileage because the kids are grown up and gone.
    sho10, Oconomowoc, WI, November 24, 2010 09:57
    We own a 2001 LXI AWD and with less than 40,000 miles on it one thing after another failed. It spent more weeks in the shop than out during the summer months. It started with the CV joint failure, then the ignition column, then the whole drive train/transmission and then the coolant lines and finally the steering system. The sliding doors never really worked consistently after about 10,000 miles. One would think that the van was abused, but actually we babied it. We ended up spending over $6,000. Chrysler corporate were rude. We will never, ever buy another Chrysler vehicle.
    Visitor, Akron, OH, November 23, 2010 09:51
    I had the high pitch sound and was ready to have the power steering replaced. One of hte mechanics told me to overfill the power steering resevoir by a 1/4 of an inch. I did and the noise went away. It works.
    Visitor, Canton, IL, November 23, 2010 09:41
    I bought this car for the stow n go seats-which I love! Having said that I have a high pitched whine in the engine which the dealership tells me sounds like the power steering pump-but they can't find anything wrong with it. Its so loud friends riding with me ask me whats up with my car. I've had it to the dealership 3-4 times and to an independant mechanic once with no answers. Also car only has 64,500 miles and already had work on air conditioner. Ready to trade in.
    Visitor, Altamonte Springs, FL, November 19, 2010 09:55
    Overall not bad for 230,000 miles replaced Radiator and Fans,Battery, Alternator,two Motor mounts, BCM was replaced after a headache trying to figure out why wiper were not fuctioning; and finally thhe fuel pump. and still running very well. Not bad for the miles.
    Visitor, Hollywood, FL, October 29, 2010 09:21
    5648 Miles- Transmission Failure 12,000 - New Brakes (all 4) 7,457 Miles-Needed new Front end struts...etc.. 15,820 Miles- Needed windshield resealed (whistling noise) 15,820 MIles- Key Fob failed 20,625 Miles - Power Module/Power Train Module Failed 40,000 Miles- Motor Mounts need to be relplaced I've owned 8 Dodge vehicles, never a Chrysler...This is my last. Would only recommend this car to people I really disliked.
    Visitor, Woodbridge, VA, October 22, 2010 11:33
    at 500mile, driver side sliding door would not close, had to close manually, flash of door motor repaired this, but problem came back at least 3 months later for both sliding doors, at 10,000mile, brakes needed to be replaced, have replaced brakes three more times since, at 20,000mile, electrical problems are occuring alot, vehicle will not start, have to wait 30 to 40mins before it will start up again, function disabled message on dash appears when trying to open sliding doors/liftgate, etc., dealer is unable to fully repair this problem. Will not buy another chrysler again!
    Visitor, Huntsville, AL, October 17, 2010 14:38
    Purchases new, eL version. Approx. 75K on the odo. Great ride and utility. Interior fit and finish OK/average. Drive train has performed quite well; engine/tranny holding up fine. Steering pump whines and gets really noisy in cold weather. Had the lines to the PS pump replaced under recall, but still noisy. Power rear gate works only intermittently now; passenger side door power lock has failed; power passenger door very stiff to open manually (this was also service under recall.) Driver power window has stopped working; maybe the switch. Have just discovered a leak in the water pump but this kind of thing will happen. Hopefully the van will hold up for another two years without MAJOR pain or heartache.
    Visitor, Levittown, PA, October 08, 2010 17:57
    I will never buy another chrysler again
    Visitor, Roanoke, VA, September 27, 2010 17:47
    We now have over 155,000 miles on our van and it does have a few problems but overall I am still very pleased with it. I have replaced the fan control module sensor and the brakes make lots of noise but this appears to be chatter from the pads. This van has the 3.8L V-6 which is so much better that the 3.3 because the power is needed for this size vehicle and it actually gets better fuel economy. Anybody can get a list of the Computer codes off the website and a Chrysler vehicle will tell you right on the dash what is wrong with itself. http://www.allpar.com/fix/computer-codes.html $900 fuel pump? The pumps are not cheap ($191.50 at AutoZone) but that seems very high on labor cost.
    Visitor, League City, TX, September 24, 2010 06:44
    Bought new in 2002, only has 70,000. It's at a dealership now having a new fuel pump installed. Dealer says it will cost nearly $900! Sounds too high???? Can anybody verify? Electrical problems (sliding door, rear tailgate & CD player) have been constant. A/C condenser had to be replaced ($1,500) 6 months out of warranty. Two different repair shops have told me that Chrysler products are difficult to diagnose without DRB diagnostic equipment which is available only at Chrysler dealers. Which forces the owner to go to a dealer who puts a gun to your head and demands nearly $900 for a fuel pump. Life is too short to drive a Chrysler!
    diamondgirl52, Chesterfield, VA, September 09, 2010 09:35
    Brought it used in 2001 with 130,534 miles on it. It is obvious that it is an old vehicle that lasted a long time, but through out the time that I have owned it, I had to replace the waterpump, front and rear brakes, all motor mounts, brake master cylinder, all hoses, radiator, regular tune ups. I really do not have any bad complaints except for chryslers' transmissions. If you ask me about the engine I will tell you I never had bad problems, but if you ask me about the transmission, I will tell you that that has always been a bad problem. I replaced the transmission two years ago and at present I have to replace it again. So my over all rating of the van is good on the engine, but, chrysler products are very, very bad on their transmissions and I will never buy a chrysler product again.
    tomocandayo, El Paso, TX, September 02, 2010 07:50
    ok so I bought in Jan 2007 with 66,000 miles. been doing great, just little things like replacing tires. then this year in July, I was driving, made a left turn, and car just stopped. turns out I had to replace the cv joints. steering wheel makes whining noises. when I'm driving, the engine shifts down as if I was driving a manual. then about two - three weeks ago car wouldn't start on me. couldn't get it jumped. had two sit and wait for over an hour in the heat in Texas then it started. turned off on me which I was driving. .went to mechanic they couldn't find nothing so they replaced battery. as I was leaving shop car stalled. so I had them give me back my battery since it was fine ( barely got it last July ). then one night I left store and it turned off again while I was driving, this time I had my kids. barely turned into a taco bell parking lot. car started after about three minutes. mechanic can't find anything wrong with it. read computer but came back with no codes. took it to auto parts store and they checked alternator n starter. yesterday I started looking for a new car. wanna fix this problem n trade it in! especially after reading alot of bad reviews everywhere. oh yeah. did I mention? I'm sitting here in my car cuz it won't start. now the engine light is on. GREAT.
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, August 28, 2010 05:58
    Has some problums
    Visitor, Stayton, OR, August 19, 2010 19:29
    160k miles, never a drivetrain problem. Comfortable driving, safe, great visibility. Except for occ. tires & brakes, less than $500 spent in repairs. Best car I've ever owned!
    Visitor, Mooresville, NC, August 19, 2010 15:52
    Purchased new and has 99,000 miles. Great vehicle with great tire wear, few realignmnts, no transmission or electrical problems, and is a great hauler with seats removed. Replaced one window motor, one set of brake rotors and pads and two batteries. Power steering makes a noise every now and then, but not for long. Mostly in very cold weather. Last week the front brakes did overheat twice while coming down a mountain in NC.
    Visitor, Plano, TX, August 11, 2010 08:33
    This is the second Chrysler product I've owned (first was a Dodge Grand Caravan). And for 3 years, I sold Chrysler products. I will never buy another Chrysler product as long as I live. This is a total piece of junk....premature brake wear out, replace the master cylinder, replaced the rack and pinion, power steering pump, power seat motors, electric sliding doors won't operate in the winter (IN TEXAS). All this at under 50K miles. I think I'll UPGRADE to Toyota. My Toyota has over 115K miles on it and has NEVER had any problems like the Chrysler. Bailouts should have only gone to companies that make reliable products, not junk like Chrysler.
    Griffinshop, Griffin, GA, August 06, 2010 13:44
    Our 2001 Chrysler Town and Country is great for traveling and hauling but when it comes to reliability and quality it is still lacking. Suspension parts tend to wear early. Transmission is weak and failed at 73,000 miles. It loses value faster than competitors. AC issues with only 86000 miles.Chrysler really did a poor job on engineering and quality. Maybe the newer ones are better. I don't know if I am willing to try that. Now I have 120K on it and it has been pretty much problem free and since I have a Auto Shop I try to keep it up.
    Visitor, Archbald, PA, August 04, 2010 16:19
    Best vehicle I ever owned..80,000 miles and not even one small problem...guess thats unusual but true..
    Visitor, Alexandria, VA, July 26, 2010 11:59
    Very bad electrical system. AC charge line hose busted and could not find hose anywhere. Finally found the parts in Detroit and had to have it shipped over to DC. Price $85.00 Other than that replaced I have replaced roaters, given the car a normal tune up.
    Visitor, Northwood, OH, July 24, 2010 18:08
    Will never buy another chrysler product, Less than 40,000 miles and no cold air, brakes and rotors needs replaced for the 2nd time Front struts need replaced. What a piece of junk.
    Visitor, Portland, OR, July 23, 2010 23:07
    Bought new in 2003 with the Braun Entervan conversion (lowered floor and wheelchair ramp). Now has 128k miles on it. Front brakes at 50k mile and 100ks Rear brakes at 85k miles because of a really WIERD sound coming from the right rear which had been going on since we owned it.. Basttery needed replaced early on (probably problems with the Alternator that were never found). Chriping of belts and a probable bad "belt tensioner" (not verified yet). Power steering is making a groaning noise when doing low speed turns-- I see that is a standard problem that needs fixed. I've only taken to Chrysler dealer 1x and they fixed the tailgate. Very nice vehicle overall -- it rides like a tank, but not as bas as a 91 Ford E150 (previous vehicle)..
    Visitor, Florence, OR, July 21, 2010 21:46
    Got mine at 100k, driven in 20K withing 6months, Replaced breaks... Got in a head on collision with three trees, only cosmetic damage, was a few bumps and tears in the front bumper, and LOTS of mud, mechanically the Transmission went out...
    Visitor, Ironwood, MI, July 14, 2010 20:11
    2006 Town & Country Bought this used with 44,000 miles, thought it would be good..........not so, taken good care of but now at 64,000 engine shot. the noise mentioned below happened to ours and after having looked at many times, was told that was nothing.............I'm not so sure since now the engine is shot. Would NEVER reccommend to anyone..............
    Visitor, Wheeling, WV, July 14, 2010 19:23
    I would'nt buy another T&C Van. Owned this vehicle 4 yrs had to replace Front Rotors,power steering pump& all the hoses to it which broke 3 times. Drver side window moter,passenger sliding door quit working for about 6 months then started working again.the heater got stuck on had to replace blower module.replaced battery. driver heated seat stop working,half of the dash lights went out,just replaced alternaterand now it stalls and shifts down real hard,transmission slips. took to dealership twice last week and they did computer test and can't find out what wrong with it cause no codes come up. had transmission module reset still did'nt help. Nothing but a HUGE HEADACHE. 109,000 miles beeb falling apart since 34,000
    Visitor, Sanbornville, NH, July 12, 2010 10:51
    had this vehicle since new. only problem had to have transmission replaced at 68000 miles. typical of the chrysler brand. have 98000 miles and counting. very versatile and a good ride.
    Visitor, Mc Clellandtown, PA, July 11, 2010 21:37
    One ding grows rust Quick. My sister has a 2004 and has break problems too.electric door goes out about once every 2 months.Passenger window just stopped working.My mechanic told me sell as soon as possible.He replaces motors often in as little as 43,000 miles.
    Visitor, South Point, OH, July 06, 2010 19:31
    At 96,000 miles we suddenly developed had a vibration in the front end of the van. It only occurred shortly after stopping such as at a red light. I found out cracked fan blade on the radiator cooling fan. I also noticed that a piece of the blade that scattered pierced the radiator core and caused a small leak. I have no explanation why the blade cracked other than it was made from cheap plastic. Other than this it’s been a good vehicle
    acdamed, Brockton, MA, June 28, 2010 09:22
    Bought mine used with 63,000 miles on it, and it's been fine up intill now/ 86,000 the ac has stoped working and developed a big leak, im thinking it's the evaperator core??? major job and big $$$, about $800 to$1,000. So it's not petty, also had problem's with plastic interior on botth pass/ driver's seat's but other than that it's ben fare...
    Visitor, Green Bay, WI, June 15, 2010 08:23
    Had this one since 2006. Up to 110,000 miles. Never Chrysler again! rusty doors, struts, brakes and rotors, burns oil,idles like a diesel... interior is comfy though. Fair ride and power.
    Visitor, Gallatin, TN, June 03, 2010 12:57
    this van has problems with dash lights blinkers and not sure about with the engine light on and some times the gas peddle sticks.
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, June 03, 2010 10:47
    Bought it in October 2004. 88000 miles. The tranny was repaired under warranty at 69000. At 30000 the dealer put some thingamagig in it. [$45.00 my cost] It ate two sets of brakes[my cost]. It has no frills, no rear a/c so it takes a while to cool down in summer. Las Vegas. It has been a good car. Won't buy another UAW built car.
    Visitor, Batavia, IL, June 02, 2010 09:19
    Bought new in 2002. It now has 111,000 miles. The van is generally a pleasure to drive. It is comfortable and has enough power (no towing) from the 3.3 liter engine for any regular driving. I replaced the brakes - new rotors and pads - at around 45k and 90k miles. Several backlights in the dash are burned out, but I still have just enough to drive at night. The seats and interior have held up relatively well through a wife and two children. I have replaced under warranty: Brake master cylinder X2! Power steering pump Replaced at my expense: Power steering pump Power steering cooler Power steering rack Power steering reservoir Sway bar bushings and links Radiator Idler pulley Serpentine belt Battery Hoses to heater core and rear heater core (leak due to corrosion) Brakes front and back X2
    Visitor, Albuquerque, NM, May 21, 2010 14:39
    Mileage 48,000. The overall build quality of this vehicle is acceptable, very few rattles and groans compared to some vehicles. However, the brakes are weak relative to the vehicles size and fade quickly, replaced three sets of OE pads and rotors in 40,000 miles. The radio and electrical system is fickle at best, reception is terrible on the radio, and the electrical system in general contains all of Chrysler's electrical gremlins i.e. radio randomly shutting off, trouble with power windows, wipers, gauges failing, etc. At 45,000 miles the transmission is beginning to slip and CV axles are shot. At 30,000 miles the rear struts failed, and the steering has been sluggish since day 1 compared to other models. The rear AC lines run exposed under the vehicle to the back unit, and are easily damaged by any debris on the road, I have replaced these lines twice since purchase. Overall very poor quality vehicle would not purchase again and would not recommend.
    vhpacker@yahoo.com, Brooklyn, NY, May 02, 2010 06:17
    Brakes worn out at about 17,000 miles Delear told me 2 bring in my keys because they had a defect part could come loss in side replace both no charge ac hose broke twice 2 summers the 3 hose replace with a longer one
    Visitor, Centreville, VA, April 21, 2010 17:36
    Front brakes replaced after only 21k miles of conservative driving...unacceptable
    Visitor, Milladore, WI, April 13, 2010 15:02
    Transmission goes exactly at 170,000 km. Problems with heater fan, and window controls.
  • 1992 Chrysler Town & Country
    Visitor, Butternut, WI, April 09, 2010 11:35
    great van
    Ralph Bowen, Clayton, NC, April 08, 2010 11:50
    Front right OE brake pad deeply scared at only 23K miles. Caused deep damage to the rotor, but was salvageable with resurfacing. Will have to buy a new rotor next pad change. Wonder what good brand to buy and what fits??
    Visitor, Garland, TX, April 04, 2010 00:34
    The best van I have ever owned, You must use the ATF+4 transmission fluid only, preferably Mopar or you will wish you had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Turlock, CA, March 29, 2010 17:46
    transmission problems at 111,000 miles and well kept.
    mizz b, Rock Hill, SC, March 17, 2010 18:27
    Body and interior are fine. Brakes need really good tires, then they're fine. No problems with drive train. Brake lights went out simultaneously; fuse okay. Sensor? Heating and air conditioning fine; occasionally too hot, and after adjustment, too cold. Mostly quite comfortable for both. Exhaust and emissions clean. Must be very careful in the rain. Steers much better with Michelin tires.
    melandrew, Manassas, VA, January 23, 2010 04:41
    Our van only has 37,700 miles on it and is garage kept. It is showing significant signs of rust on the rear hatch and along the body seam running along the underside length of the van. In fact water is trapped in there and and trickles out so I still have a puddle in my garage a week after having driven it in the rain! Motor started acting up several weeks ago, check engine light came on, haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. Automatic door opens/closes hard. Problems one shouldn't have with a pampered vehicle in my opinion - won't buy another and wouldn't recommend.
    aka_willis1986, Columbus, IN, November 17, 2009 19:58
    This van is horrible. I bought it new and before it was 2 years old the motor went out for the automatic door... well didn't go out just developed a mind of it's own and decided when it wanted to work. After a few winters the hatch door motor went out completely. The passenger side window motor went out this past year, and the rear blower quit working around the same time as the door. At 120K the transmission went out.
    telepierre, Melissa, TX, July 05, 2009 02:38
    130K Mileas of German HGW are a good proving ground. Have yet to experience a single engine or transmission failure. To date had only to replace the right side window motor, spark plugs, and front sway bushings for slight vibrations. Guess I got lucky with my 2001 T&C but with the kind of 90+mph driving on german HGW at this confort level, this family car proved the best I had to date. Well done on this one Chrysler.
    dtmc, Littleton, CO, May 26, 2009 20:20
    bad electrical system power door problem dash lights out heated seat and others switchs dont come on. Brakes vribrate warped rotors front. tie rod ends bad.
    rrd, Mahwah, NJ, May 17, 2009 12:46
    Front Sway Bar/Stabilizer Links replaced (not included in extended warrenty), althought rear ones are - had to appeal this one and did get some reimbursement. Also, had left window/power problem and substantial brake problems. RRD
  • 1999 Chrysler Town & Country
    glongawa, Elwood, IN, February 18, 2009 04:55
    I bought this used and have had problems since from the transmission to the brakes. Cant say whether that is because of the vehicle or from the previuos owner though. It does have a comfortable ride . Takes a long while to warm up on those cold morings.
    mowee, Wasilla, AK, January 09, 2009 22:38
    this van is part of the family, and is only now requiring a major overhaul. we just replaced the engine[3.8] rebuilt the entire front end and the tranny just got replaced. the interior and body is in mint cindition.but the most costly repair is the coolant lines that run to the rear heater to the back of the engine, they rust out and cost over 1200.00 to replace for yoiu have to drop engine to get to them. lots of labor costs.
    akaaarus, Saint Peters, MO, December 20, 2008 12:32
    Stow and go is great. Big seats are comfortable. Entertainment system continues to work as promised. Only has 68000, electric doors broke, rack and pinion broke, water pump replaced (under warranty), engine growls, front end makes a 'click' when the steering wheel is turned, brakes are way undersized (means you have to replace them often), dealer charges $150 to 'reprogram' the transmission. Looks good but the hard engineering was over looked when they designed this van.