Reviews for Chrysler Sebring years:

Chrysler Sebring Reviews and Owner Comments

Chrysler SebringOwner Reviews (81 reviews)
    Visitor, Baltimore, MD, April 03, 2014 12:46
    I have a 2004 Sebring Limited. The engine went at 103,000 miles (head gaskets blew). Battery went 2 weeks ago (not complaining) Tie rod replaced last week. Starter failed today - had to call a tow truck to tow from office to the shop. Another 468.00 out of pocket... This was my second Sebring - the first was JXI. I will NEVER EVER buy another.
    Visitor, Lexington, SC, January 03, 2014 17:01
    Got a 2000 Sebring convertible with 114k on it 4 years ago. It now has 176k and running strong. I love the interior, the exterior and the way it handles. It drives like a true sports car. Theres a few people that said the car was going to be problematic, but none yet as its approaching 180 thousand miles. I use only synthetic motor oil as thats what the factory said to use in these cars. And they claim that most problems are from those that do not use synthetic or even change their oil on time, much less do the maintenance or tune ups required. I know a lot of people with convertible sebrings that seem to have mild to no issues at all. I truly believe its not the car that deserves the credit, its the owners. What the owner does determines how long a car will last.
    Visitor, Sebastian, FL, September 04, 2013 07:11
    Bought this 2007 Sebring new. It now has 114.000 miles on it with only one repair, the upper radiator hose. ($67.00) The interior and body are like new. The car gets Synthetic oil change every 7,000 miles. We love this car and will keep diving another 100,00 plus miles.
    sf36867, Pulaski, PA, May 30, 2013 04:06
    Bought my 2.7 2005 Sebring Limited in 2006, used, with low miles. I now have 201,600 mostly highway miles on it. I've had to replace some front suspension parts over the years, and more recently wheel bearings, rotors don't hold up well. I've never run anything but synthetic oil in it. With this many miles I can't complain. Just now I've had the oil light start coming on intermittently when idling. And the check engine light comes on throwing a P0306 code. That light stayed on for 110 miles and then went out, but code is still there. The only other odd issue I've had over the years is dimming/blinking dash lights intermittently, for which no one could ever figure out the cause.
    Visitor, Roseburg, OR, March 15, 2013 13:10
    Bought new and have 66,000 miles on it. Only issue is 02 sensors - three replaced so far. Not looking foward to replacing the timing belt and the plugs (3.0 engine) as the intake has to be pulled for the plug R/R. Car known for its road noise but other than that, no complaints. Wife loves it.
    Visitor, Galion, OH, October 11, 2012 06:24
    I was so excited to have my first convertible and yes it is a 2006 chrysler sebring touring convertible. I have had people tell me not to get it cause they are nothing but a headache. Well I found out that to be so true. I have not been able to drive my car for 6 months now. I still owe on it. Will never own another one. Lesson learned. When you ask for help you get none or even an idea of what it could be, you get nothing.
    Visitor, Lowell, MA, August 26, 2012 21:35
    I bought my 1999 Sebring 3 yrs.ago never a problem machanically. We had to unclogg the drain holes & the only other thing was fix the starter this spring. This is a great little car. Even at 155,595 miles & going
    Visitor, Aitkin, MN, July 19, 2012 07:09
    bought this car new has 189,000 miles on it and have had no engine problems only had to replace a couple senors, did have to replace heater switch twice but within first few years and now the problem seems to be fixed, it's been in six years. Otherwise I have changed the belts once and the fuel pump once and brakes once, it still has the original battery, replaced front wheel bearings once,still runs and drives like new, a very nice car
    Visitor, Hinkley, CA, June 10, 2012 22:43
    I have owned my Chrysler, Sebring for 2 years now. I have replaced the brakes at least twice. I am now having problems with the power windows. They go down and then do not want to come up. I have changed the fuse and it is doing it again. My mom noticed that the back window is coming apart from the vinely roof. I have enjoyed driving my car, but it seems that all and all the brakes have been my most of my problems. When I owned my Honda, I never had problems of any sort.
    Visitor, Yuba City, CA, May 25, 2012 09:57
    Been a fantastic car, 120,000 miles, very few problems most of them were normal for as many miles it has,we will definitely buy another one in the future but this one still looks and runs like new .only thing that would make it better would be a little more power . we love our Sebring Convertible super fun car !
    Visitor, Bullhead City, AZ, May 24, 2012 17:16
    I have a 2002 Chrysler sebring have had it 4 years and really had any problems. Got it paid for in Jan 2012 and the nightmares began. Had to have a water pump and they have to take everything apart to get to it and a tune up and that was almost $1000 and then had have it towed the starter relay went. This is all in a 2 week time. The car still was not starting right went back and then they said thought it was the fuel pump that would be about $600. I wanted to know how they came up with that and the guy said that is what i think it is. Did ask if they did any test to come up with that but I got a smart remark and so told him they got my last dollar.Did call the dealer ship back and asked if they could look and see what or if any test was done and they said they did a pressure test. I said when I asked why didn't he just tell me that. Let see i'm female and I think he thought I didn't know anything about cars.I have taken it to a another place that my brotherinlaw goes to and he just said that it is looking like the injectors. I have 69000 on my car and this is my first chrysler and my last one. I had my ford van with 135000 miles and in the shop one time. This car has got me broke if it is the injectors not sure how I will pay for this one.
    Visitor, Lafayette, IN, May 20, 2012 16:48
    I bought my 2006 Sebring with 12,000 miles on it. Besides the normal items like tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. I've never had any issues with this car. Starts every single time, drives great, roomy interior and trunk. Looks great driving down the road too.
    dirtriderchic123, Andover, MN, April 26, 2012 12:41
    I hate this car. I bought it almost 4 years ago and have had nothing but trouble from day 1. My car burns oil for whatever reason. I have replaced the wheel barrings 3 times, tie rods once, front suspension last November and the front left wheel barring for the 4th time shortly after my suspension was replaced. Also about a year after I got my car the paint on the hood only started chipping. Last November while I got my suspension done I also had them repaint my hood because all of the paint had chipped off!! Now the gears are starting to slip between 2 and 3 and between 3 and 4. My advice is do not ever buy a Chrysler, total waste of money.
    Visitor, Heyworth, IL, April 02, 2012 16:36
    Where do I begin? Paid off the car in 2008 and it started falling apart. I did have problems before it was paid off but afterwards they seem to come non stop. Water pump was the most expensive and time consuming repair... $1300 ...motor has to be removed to replace it. Battery is in a very inconvenient place...although the manual says it is easy to replace ... turn steering wheel all the way to the right to replace the battery...NOT THE CASE....the front driver side tire has to be removed. Struts replaced a couple of years ago $650.Ball joints replaced a couple of months ago. A/C has gone out 2 times. Tomorrow I am getting the oil sending unit replaced. I will not own another Chrysler. Think Iwould rather have a car payment than have this car nickel and dime me to death !
    Visitor, Stafford, TX, March 31, 2012 15:01
    when i turn my wheel it sounds swiky and when i start my car the motor is to loud, my brakes are good and everything else but my front is no wsmashed in because the car is too low
    Visitor, Lawrenceville, GA, January 31, 2012 10:41
    This is the worst car I have ever owned. Very poor engineering and it is no wonder that Chrysler is in trouble. The water pump went out and caused the engine to jump time and trashed the engine. Paid $4000. to get a used engine put in. The drains in the rocker panels plug up and the interior fills with water. Poor engineering again! Alternator went out. Took to Pep Boys one Big Mistake! Cost $493.09 (labor was way out of line and gave car back with scratches on the front end)Alternator was $149.00 They also said I needed a Battery but I didn't! Pep Boys also wanted to charge me $168.00 to replace the oil pressure switch. The dealer only charges $75.00. Trans shifts had and nobody knows why!This site shows Pep Boys as a repair shop to use but I would say BEWARE!!!! Bottom line the car is very poorly made and Pep Boys will take advantage of you and trash you car!!! Use caution when considering a Chrysler or Pep Boys as a repair shop!
    Visitor, Tempe, AZ, January 18, 2012 09:41
    I have recently purchased a 2008 sebring convertible. The dash lights for the gas guage, temp and rpm were working and about 4 weeks after the purchase they went out. I made an appt with the dealership and the morning of they started working. So they could not trouble shoot. They worked for a week and now are out again. Owners manual does not talk about this light specifically. I have turned all the settings on the control knob and nothing works. I am really frustrated with this intermittant problem. The other problem is the steering wheel wines when turned and the dealership wanted tocharge me $400.
    Visitor, Minot, ND, January 04, 2012 19:23
    I have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring I brought it used. I have had it for only four months. The check engine light came on two days after I took it home. The light has been on ever since. It has been to a Chrysler dealership five times and the light is still on. Frist they said that it was a senser then the converder then they said that the converder that they put in was bad,so they replaced it but the light still came on. They said that they don't know what else to do. I have another appt. on Jan. 16th 2012 maybe you can help.
    Visitor, Martinsville, IN, December 07, 2011 07:42
    I bought this convertible in January, 2003. It has been such a GREAT car! (She even has a name, like a member of the family.) I am of the belief that if you take care of a car, it will take care of you. When something sounded, felt or smelled funny, I took it to my mechanic. I religiously changed her oil every 3,000. Before a long trip, and I mean more than 1,000 miles at a time, I had her checked out and she NEVER disappointed or stranded me. I drove her gently and almost always got 30-32 mpg on the highway. Now that she is an older girl with 158,900 miles on the odometer, I bought a 2008 Sebring Convertible. My mechanic said there was no reason the 1999 shouldn't have given me 250,000 miles. So, she is going to my 22 year-old niece and namesake who I hope will love and care for her just as I did. I will always miss my "Miss Pearl" and I trust my newer "Ms. Sterling" will be as reliable for me.
    bigpete, Canal Winchester, OH, November 02, 2011 17:50
    I purchased a 2008 Sebring from Germaine Toyota, I Have had problem with the steering, everytime I turn I get this knocking, I took the car in for a oil change and they told me I need to replace all the struts. a purchase i wasn'nt looking to have so soon I brought the car in 2010, is there a lot of issues with the steering and struts with this car?
  • 2010 Chrysler Sebring
    newdad2011, Elyria, OH, October 29, 2011 23:51
    I bought my 2010 Sebring touring edition in Jan. of 2011. It only had 9 miles on it and was perfect for my new family. I have 15700 miles on it and i have already had it serviced 3 times for the ETC (electronic throttle control) and now i am having another elictrical problem. as of now my car is off with no key in or around the car. key fob untouched and no possible buttons being pressed on the fob. My hazard lights flash twice at random. the car unlocks itself and both the driver and passanger side front windows roll down entirely on their own. Im hoping to get a no lemon return and refund. I love the car and everything about it but this individual car is not realiable enough to support my family and work needs. I am very dissapointed and fed up with the experience. first and probaly last chrysler i ever buy.
    Visitor, Stockton, CA, October 24, 2011 19:08
    Have 2001 sebring convertible. Most common cause of engine failure is if you have a small water leak..water pump is inside the crankcase, if you let the little leak go too long it dumps coolant into crankcase. Water pumps start going just after 100,000 miles. Shortly thereafter the motor goes. Now have a problem with the tach and speedo guage lights are out (were off and on now just out) understand it is a cluster board..anyone know about this repair?
    Visitor, Lubbock, TX, September 23, 2011 19:00
    I have a 2003 Chrysler Sebring Limited Convertible and the cruise control has stopped working. i looked in the owners manual and did not see a fuse for it. is there a fuse for the cruise control? I would appreciate any help or guidance anyone could give me to repair this cruise control issue with out having to pay the high dollar dealership service departments. dboggs75@yahoo.com
    Visitor, New Haven, CT, September 23, 2011 16:21
    I fell in love with the P T Cruiser the first day i saw one while driving down south. I bought my Cruiser (YR 2000) brand new only had seven (7) miles when I picked it up. Never had any problems. It's eleven years old now and I was told yesterday while getting an oil change that I need suspensions (think that's right). Any way I am shopping a fare price. Was quoted a little over $800 for repair. My warranty was over when I was told the fade on my bumper was caused by the tape wrapped on the bumper at the factory. Otherwise I Love Love Love my car!!
    Visitor, New Castle, DE, September 21, 2011 16:34
    The gas gauge is broken & the gas light remains on,I've taken it to the dealer and the diagnose was that the car needs a fuel module,the car received a fuel module back in Dec,another mechanic stated that there is an issue with the instrumental cluster.
    Visitor, West Palm Beach, FL, September 18, 2011 12:38
    i hear a noise when i turn the wheel and if i back out of a parking place and turn the wheel. i went to sears and they told me the rotors on the back brakes were too big. they did the front brakes.
    Visitor, Berwick, PA, September 13, 2011 06:47
    ve electrical problems, transmission problems. should not be
    daford, Tifton, GA, September 10, 2011 19:24
    CHRYSLER SEBRING 98 I have had my car over 2 and a half years just minor problems an egr valve from using cheap gas, brakes, my seat belt wont release unless I open passenger door and close it. My radio windshield wipes, defrost, and blinkers have been out for 3 mths it is a shortage but it still drives good I think it is still a good car.
    Visitor, Marietta, GA, September 10, 2011 06:54
    I Have 2008, with 200,000 miles I have hade very few problems !!!
    Visitor, Hearne, TX, August 31, 2011 16:16
    Where is flasher on2004 chrysler sebring and also when it get to a quarter of a tankof gas when we slow down or stop it dies what could be wrong.
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, August 23, 2011 08:15
    I am having a issue when it comes to starting my car up. When it starts up it sounds lie it is restarting itself over and over. Took it in to get checked they ran it on the machine. The machine came back stating i needed a fuel flush and a heating and cooling sensor. I did the flush but that did not work. I am skeptical of getting the sensor? Please help. The starter and alternator are fine.
    jausler22, Spokane, WA, August 20, 2011 18:00
    I've had this car for 6 months and still owe a couple thousand for it. I've had to replace the breaks. My air conditioning will only work on high. The oil light comes on occassionally and now my engine light stays on. I put the OMD II diagnostic on it and it says that my 02 sensor circuit is bad. But nobody can tell me what a 02 sensor is. It has overheated three times on me already. I feel robbed. Has there been any recalls?
    bingonut15, Syracuse, NY, August 14, 2011 19:33
    I have nothing but problems since I had it. This past week I had three test done to see why it was jerking when I first start out and then when I reached 60 to 65 miles per hour, then it would jerk again until I started driving slow at first. First test I did was with Advance Auto's and they said it was the camshaft sensor and I replaced that part, then I took it to Midas and they did a test and they said it was the crankshaft sensor and I replaced that part. Then I said to myself I am going to take it a Chrysler Dealer and have them put on a computer and they came up with the Powertrain Control Module (if you tell me were that is located on 2005 Chrysler Sebring 2.4l or a picture of it) and the Power Distribution Center (which is the fuse box), we replaced that and the positive cable to the battery. We replaced throughout the 2 years we had the car, the hub bearings(3 times),struts and shocks, tie rods, camshaft, brakes and pads, cylinders, control arms and much more. We got a rotten used car.
    Visitor, Hope Mills, NC, August 06, 2011 05:22
    in need of repair
    Visitor, Saint Johns, FL, July 26, 2011 05:08
    I have had my 1999 Sebring Convertible for 9 years and have experienced very little problem. Had an alternator replaced which proved to be defective and it blew my computer due to over charging. The digital compass, fuel, and trip meter has gone out and the fuel guage is not reading correctly. But, that is the only problem I have had except for some rubber stripping I had to have replaced over the front windshield due to leaking problem.
    Visitor, Albemarle, NC, July 15, 2011 11:39
    Have had this car for a while it as 156,000 miles and still runs great have not had to do much beside the basic oil changes, normal tune ups and tires! It is a 2.7L V6 no noises or oil light! After reading some of the reviews I hope it doesnt break down now but glad I am aware of what to look out for!!
  • 2009 Chrysler Sebring
    Visitor, Saint Cloud, FL, June 23, 2011 16:56
    2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX Was nervous about this car and still am because my family as always gone Toyota and look down on American built cars. However, I wanted a convertible and was tired of my 2001 Toyota Corolla that was looking very out dated and need some average repairs. So I purchased this car because it was in my price range. So far I really enjoy it the ride and have had no problems. The ride is a bit louder than desired but it may be do to the fabric top. The brake do squeak but is my understanding that is the type of brake now a days use made with steel or rubber rather than asbesto. When brakes need to be replace I plan to look for brake made of other material (like ceramic). Is not a car for speed that for sure, but I'm a Eco chick so I drive slow anyways. Perfect for cruising. MPG about the same as my 2001 Corolla with the way I drive (28 to 30 something mpg). Will keep for as long as I can. Love my convertible!
    Visitor, Pueblo, CO, June 01, 2011 02:35
    Other than the crazy cup holders and the awkwardl lighter location, purchasing this vehicle is one of the best decisions I've made in a long time!
    Visitor, Sabina, OH, May 08, 2011 19:30
    It runs very well, but I have a leak in the trunk and a flooding throughout my car. The rear window broke out due to the top shrinking.
    Visitor, Clarksburg, WV, April 30, 2011 20:35
    LOVE IT! REPLACEMENT OF BRAKES EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS AND AFTER ALMOST 5 YEARS I AM NOW REPLACING THE FUEL PUMP. TAKES CORNERS ON TWO WHEELS! MY LITTLE 4 CYL GOES LIKE A 6 CYL AND NOBODY CAN BELIEVE IT IS A 4 BANGER!
    Visitor, Dayton, OH, April 11, 2011 14:52
    The car runs great,but having a leak on the passenger side and in the trunk.
    Visitor, Macedonia, OH, February 26, 2011 19:24
    I have the convertable that I bought used with 16K miles. It was about a year old. Have had only to replace the fuel pump. It is a very smooth ride with tight handling, lots of power with a V6 engine that moves like greased lightining and is fabulous with the top down. And in our NE Ohio winters performs exceptionally well in deep snow, better than alot of Hondas and Toyotas I've seen, and considering the equivelent size vehicle is probably 500lbs heavier. Am looking forward to buying another one maybe this year. I have about 70K miles and have not had to replace the brakes, also what i really like is that as the car changes gear you feel nothing , no shifting ect, just a smooth increase in speed.
    Visitor, Cedar Park, TX, February 08, 2011 07:38
    I loved driving this car, but had two engines go out after religiously changing my oil at 3,000 miles. Other web sites have talked about this problem.
    Visitor, Hopewell, VA, January 22, 2011 09:40
    noise on the driver side front tire when i trun to the right
    emerald automotive, Annapolis, MD, December 29, 2010 19:13
     Technician
    Great summer car top down not a care inn the world
    Visitor, Oakland, CA, December 10, 2010 09:25
    the only thing i really really about this car is...who pu the battery in such a dumb place?
  • 2010 Chrysler Sebring
    Visitor, New Baltimore, MI, December 01, 2010 20:47
    Please see my review in the 2007 review and ratings. I wrote it on the wrong page. Just in summary, I've driven Chrysler products since the 80's and except for a 1995 Neon that was a complete joke of a car, have always appreciated that they were dependable if not very flashy. Never liked the current Sebring styling, but the new hood and clean side Bright Silver Limited I just bought looks pretty good to me. This is the BEST Chrysler I've ever owned. Yes, it's a Chrysler but wow is rides very smoothly and is especially quiet in most driving settings. Takes the bumps in Michigan well and I just can't believe all the negative press it has gotten, although I think the 2010 is the best of the upgraded bunch. Love the dark leather seats with white edge stitching and the way it handles generally. It's not a canyon curve bomber but it's perfect for long travel trips I drive for business.
    Visitor, New Baltimore, MI, December 01, 2010 20:39
    I just bought a 2010 Sebring Limited. Didn't want to since I never liked the styling and heard all the embarassing owner and professional comments since 2007. Well, I drove three of them at different dealerships and WOW. I never thought I would like the car this much. I had a 2005 Signature Sebring with leather that drove great but also was more of a go cart than a quiet and enjoyable ride. The 4 cylinder of that car was loud and rough, but dependable. But now, I can't believe how the the 2010 is. Chrysler apparently did some insulation and other improvments over the past two years and it shows. Not a Honda? Ok but for the price I payed, I would have accepted a lot less and been satisfied. For a new car nobody wanted, I really do like it a lot. Even the styling with the new smooth hood, all dark slate leather interior now looks pretty good to me. In fact, so far it's the most comfortable car I've ever owned. Just a few left at remaining dealerships so I drove it and bought it. The 2.4 World Engine four cylinder is much more responsive and much smoother than the last generation powerplant. I actually am loving to drive this car. After 4 years of building it, Chrysler finally got it in the ballpark, I think. Looking to see how the new 200 (Sebring redo) turns out. I'm still happy with my 2010.
    Visitor, Bedford, TX, December 01, 2010 20:28
    I bought a used 2007 Chrysler Sebring with about 87,000 miles on it with no knowlege on the backround of the vehicle (I NEEDED A CAR ASAP) At first i loved my car, it was Nice, fuel efficent and ran good. Today while driving, the check engine light came on. I took it in to get an oil change, but its still on. On the way to pick up my husband for lunch my car Turned off at the stop light. I put the gear back in paRk and the car turned back on, but the engine feels like it's kicking. So far its only happpened twice..... hopefully it doesnt happen again, IM JUST WONDERING WHEN THE ENGINE LIGHT IS GOING TO TURN OFF! Is anyone else having this problem with their 07 sebring????
    elton johnson, Elgin, IL, November 30, 2010 17:05
    love this car the only problem i have had is the battery and brake replacement
    Visitor, Moraga, CA, November 29, 2010 16:21
    The car is a complete piece of junk. If you want transmission, electrical, air conditioning and other problems, be sure to buy one of these.
    Visitor, Clive, IA, November 29, 2010 16:21
    Bought this car used a month ago, it is a Limited, top of the line, great car in every way.
    tinkerpjb, Galveston, TX, November 29, 2010 16:21
    I love my little convertible.
    Visitor, Cayey, PR, August 19, 2010 18:07
    the knob of the radio control it quet crazy on the pannel
    too many car problems, Garrett, IN, August 11, 2010 18:42
    I have the same problems i'm seeing on this page... The car makes a grinding/whining noise when turning left and braking at the same time... let off the brake and the noise stops. It has also died on me 5 times while turning left (all have been when arriving home, strangely enough). The car starts right back up, though. But can't duplicate it for a dealer... Have tried a couple of times to get the noise fixed. So far, they have said it was my tires and the steel belts were broken in the rear ones (causing the noise?) and the that they didn't hear it another time, and the latest was that there was corrosion on my rotors and they needed turned and I needed a front end alignment. So a boat load of money later--- same noise. Now what?
    Visitor, Woodbridge, VA, August 07, 2010 14:42
    hate it! hate it! absolutely hate it! i got a 2003 Chrysler Sebring in 2006 as a used vehicle and in the last year it has needed a new transmission, fuel pump....we also have a 2003 Pt Cruiser (air conditioning issues, steering assembly, racks and pinion, tie rod, broke 2 motor mounts, ruptured engine coolant line, fog light switch repair, etc.) that is truly a money pit. hate both cars. will never buy chrysler again not even if they gave it to me for free.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, July 14, 2010 06:53
    ALL Chrysler vehicles with the 2.7L engine should have been forced to recall. This engine is just an engineering blunder that owners have had to bear too much expense over. There should be a class action lawsuit, but I couldn't find one to join. lol First signs of the problem occur as overheating...coolant level may appear low, but where is it going? Chrysler was telling customers it was excessive oil sludge caused by failure to change oil properly, but BS on that because my mechanic said my engine(in tear down) was CLEAN. The engine coolant will eventually flood the block mixing with oil and your car is DEAD. Don't bother spending money to fix it because you can't prevent it from happening again even if you paid Chrysler the $6100 they want for a new engine....duh...defective engine. I was lucky to have my engine rebuilt at COST for $1700 then rushed it to auction and got $3700 for it. I feel fortunate to have managed to salvage any value from it towards buying another more dependable car. Also, I had to replace 2 starters and the battery (which by the way is located in the most ignorant place causing you to remove drivers side wheel and wheel housing just to change a battery...not to mention high water compromises it. RUN...do not walk...RUN from this and any other Chrysler vehicle with a 2.7L engine.
    debonair, Arnold, CA, July 14, 2010 06:38
    bought my LXI w/no knowledge of history and 82,000 miles. soon thereafter spent $1500 on transmission repair at a dealership. had a complete tune-up right after that. had both front steering arms break, of course the 1st mechanic did not tell me it was a recall, but the 2nd one broke and blocked major traffic and the cop told the tow truck driver to take it (us) to chrysler. the passenger side window works but needs help closing and the outside handle no longer works. i believe the driver side will not work much longer. i have had the a/c repaired twice $$$ i no longer care to put anymore into it, i moved from phoenix to the sierras. the check engine light was on for 3.5 years (went on right after bad mechanic replaced plugs) i requested platnimum plugs and after 70,000 miles i had them replaced finding that i should be happy the car still ran, and the check engine has gone off. the sunroof has never worked(opened) and i have a glove box full of interior parts that have fallen off. so i keep a close eye on the trans fluid and never disengadge the overdrive unless i am stopped. above and beyond that i couldn't be happier w/ this car! since in 2002 i told my husband that i absolutely LOVE it and "if you get me this car i'll never want another"! it has been and is a great car.
    Visitor, Prior Lake, MN, July 12, 2010 17:45
    bought the car from an auction so I don't know the history prior to 72,000 miles. I have really enjoyed the car, but many problems along the way. The front end literally fell off the car, and turned up as a recall. Theres a short or ground problem in the wiring harness, so I have to get under the car and jiggle the wires till its just right, then it'll start. Takes on water from rain and snow, so the quarter panels fill up. I still drive it at 186,000 miles. I would buy another one. Even with the issues, I have really enjoyed it. As a single Mom, on disability, I don't think that's going to happen.
    brandonb, Kill Devil Hills, NC, June 29, 2010 18:48
    my 02 sebring is pretty reliable but some problems. only 92200 miles and had to replace ball joints and thermostat housing unit. if this happens to yours do not drive it anymore than you have to it almost ruined my motor. brakes squeeke,speakers rattle,check engine light never goes off,passenger window motor is almost done,goes out of allignment quick,shakes really bad at 55mph,acts like it wants to not shift into 2nd gear,jerks when i slow down,theres more. it runs fairly good but i would not recomend this car for anyone.
    Visitor, Bossier City, LA, June 24, 2010 13:45
    2008 model, i'll be driving and it just dies. The good thing is that it will start up again.
    markshadid, Oklahoma City, OK, June 17, 2010 15:08
    Not a bad car, just does some really strange things. Horn honks whenever it feels like it, so I just pulled the fuse for the horn. Driver side window stopped working in the down position of course, so had to pay the dealer to put it up and make sure it would stay up until I feel like spending almost $500 on a window motor or whatever is wrong with it.
  • 1995 Chrysler Sebring
    Visitor, Banks, AL, April 28, 2010 09:52
    it`s very best and sexy car
    Visitor, Flowery Branch, GA, April 26, 2010 08:05
    Interior parts become loose over time,brakes are sluggish, engine needs more power, we have done many things to fix this car over a 10 yr time span. Lots of money for the fixes !!
    Visitor, Brunswick, GA, April 19, 2010 10:22
    This car has been great and my wife loves it. The problem I have is the car overheats and no matter what I fix, I still have this problem. My most recent problem is it shuts off or start running sluggish when the temperature gauge gets to the half way mark. None of the machanics are sure what's wrong with it. Two of them says it's the Thermal temp sensor, but not for sure. It has been parked for the past two weeks. "Help"
    Visitor, Bagdad, KY, April 11, 2010 22:10
    I was told by my mechanic these 2.7L engines have two problems: Timing chains breaking (it is an interference engine) and there is an engineering problem concerning lubrication in the block. Either one can destroy this engine. Love the car but it's not one you are going to keep for a long time. Wish I hadn't bought it.
    Visitor, Cleveland, OH, March 30, 2010 14:44
    This car is the worst car I have ever purchased. I bought the car used with about 70,000 miles, the car now has a little over 100,000 miles and I have had nothing but problems. The only thing I like about this car is the way it looks and drives. I have had to replace the brakes,fuel pump, altenator, key ignition, pro arm links on wheels and other random things. I would not recommend this car to anyone. Stay away from this car!
    Bj_trask, Queen Creek, AZ, March 17, 2010 17:41
    Purchased a Touring Edition in 2007, now it has 43,000 miles & no major issues to date. We've read all the bad reviews this car has gotten, but so far for us it's been a great car. We commute 100 miles a day, 90% of which is highway miles. We change the oil every 3000 miles, tires are now showing some wear, will be getting new tires soon. The car has been a pleasure to drive, we think it's very stylish compared with other more expensive makes/models. We rented numerous vehicles before deciding on this make/model and felt the Sebring handled just as good, if not better than most of the rentals we had. To date we don't regret buying this car, we hope it continues to be a great car.
    BobZ, Needham, MA, February 28, 2010 08:11
    Overall, I'm happy with this convertible. Looks good, rides well after 80000. Convertible top is strong, but has some excessive wear at a spot on the side. Rear window defroster contact points easily broken - poor design. Engine runs exceptionally quietly and the transmission is smooth. Only an oil light problem (solved via TSB) and a thermistat problem in 80000. Electro-luminescent dash had to be replaced at 36000, but no problems since. Front end weak. replaced tie rods, control arms. Chrome wheels rust, causing tire pressure leaks around the bead. Car finish is great. Very few rattles creaks at 80000. Good stereo except door speakers rattle when bass is high. BTW, we have 2 Sebring 'verts. The other is a 2001. This, too, rides smoothly, looks good and has no engine/trans issues. Only the rear window defroster has been a big pain - the contacts breaking frequently.
    jttheiss, Austin, TX, October 31, 2009 11:35
    I purchased this 1996 v-6 convertible new and have 110,000 mi on it. The only unusual repairs have been 2 expensive AC problems and a complete valve job due to a bad timing belt replacement (out of warranty). I have not fixed the defective odometer / tachometer as it does tell me the mileage every week or so. Electrics are lousy, but easily repaired at home. I love the car, but the ride is very sensitive to low tire pressure and the automatic transmission is sloppy / mushy. Great gas mileage (19-26) and great comfort on long trips. Oh yeah, and I got the Bose sound system - great. Reading Consumer Reports, I feel like i lucked out.
    Peter M, Palm Coast, FL, October 11, 2009 07:05
    2001 car has its old age problems typical of an older car.
    Sebring.Guy, Phoenix, AZ, May 24, 2009 21:53
    PURCHASED THIS CAR IN NOV. OF 2008. AFTER SOME REPAIRS DROVE CAR TO DALLAS, TX (1100 MILES) IN LESS THAN 16 HRS. WHAT A DREAM TO DRIVE... DRIVE TRAIN - SEVERAL VALES REPLACED WHEN PURCHASED NOW NO PROBLEM EXHAUST & EMISSIONS - NO PROBLEM PASSED W/FLYING COLORS HEATING & COOLING - WORK GREAT ESPECIALLY IN PHX, AZ
    NeSS_1, Venice, FL, April 11, 2009 15:42
    Bought this car new. I have just loved it. 48,000 miles. In 10 yrs replaced the battery twice. They say thats common in FL. Had to replace the braces on the trunk lid. Almost bit my arm off. The top had to be repaired, stitching broke on the back window. And thats from sitting out in the grueling sun I'm sure.
  • 1998 Chrysler Sebring
    ejm6563, Trenton, MI, February 07, 2009 12:56
    The wife and I bought this car new in 1998 ,we have maintain this car properly and have received a pleaser driving this car ,and would not hesitate to buy another sebring conv.
    Mrs. Nesbit, Michigan Center, MI, January 24, 2009 09:08
    This car runs good but the heater system does not work when idling.I had to change my tie rods at about 70,000 miles . It cost about $42 , and I was able to do the repairs myself .
    CAM, Smyrna, DE, January 02, 2009 12:08
    I love this car. It will be 2 years old this Feb and I have 53k miles on it. I drove a Jeep Cherokee prior to this and the gas milage is awesome! I get a steady 31/mpg on the highway. Came loaded with a Boston aucustic sound system and Sirius radio. I commute 130 miles a day and the drive is very comfortable and it handles well in rain and snow. Great pick up as well.
    DaveOw, Charleston, WV, December 28, 2008 13:46
    I have had this car since 2006 and have had nothing but problems. I have owned several Chrysler products before and this is the last. It is several underpowered(4 cyl). Exhaust went out at 40,000, motor mounts at 30,000, wheel bearing at 28,000 and the lisy goes on. Can't wait to trade it.
  • 1995 Chrysler Sebring
    Johnny Mopar, San Francisco, CA, December 26, 2008 14:25
    Convertible Lovers pay the price. Body and interior poor fit and finish. Squeaks and rattles above average, Engine and Transmission reliable, 2.5L V-6 relatively trouble free. Steering and Suspension below average, excessive front end shimmy on acceleration common, braking fair. As with all convertibles, Water Leaks will always be an issue.
    munkyrench, Boss, MO, October 29, 2008 13:55
    I had the heater fan go out, and the door makes noise when I open and close it. Other than that, no problems except normal wear and tear stuff. I've had it for 2 years, so we'll see what happens over the next couple...
    karlRove, Fredericksburg, VA, October 21, 2008 04:34
    Has been a great car. Just starting to have some electrical problems at 87,000 mi.
    pistei, Leland, NC, October 20, 2008 10:22
    great car, but a little of a prima donna. things the sebring is notorious for: eating brakes for breakfast, oil sending unit going bad because it's near heat, engine whinning, odometer/speedometer board going out (needs a little soldering); bumpy ride due to cross bracing underneath for strength; weight of vehicle (due to cross bracing). for cheap self-repairs, join the "chrysler sebring convertible club" online. they have instructions and pictures.