Reviews for Chrysler Crossfire years:

Chrysler Crossfire Reviews and Owner Comments

Chrysler CrossfireOwner Reviews (14 reviews)
    Visitor, Springfield, IL, February 22, 2014 16:06
    2005-The heater/AC fan control switch, when set on "2" sometimes runs at "5" and visa-versa. When I giggle it a bit it will change fan speeds and sometimes shuts off. I took it to the dealer and learned that you can't just replace the faulty switch, it's a "module" that includes several other items and are you ready for this... $790.00 WITHOUT labor. When I choked, the parts guy (being friendly) commented, welcome to the world of Crossfire. I'd like to keep it in 100% tip top shape, but the costs are driving me crazy.
    Visitor, Birmingham, AL, January 13, 2014 15:35
    I found a 2005 in S. Dakota, shipping would be $1000, so I flew up and drove it back. A lot less and I had a wonderful drive back. The only complaint I have is that the right side headlight adjustment is broken and it is about $600 to replace. I love it........
    Visitor, Durango, CO, January 10, 2014 11:31
    Bought this in Texas. Love the appearance but not a good driver after moving to Colorado on snow and ice. Not happy with the no spare situation. Rear visibility terrible. Good AC but in winter, front and side windows fog up unless heat/defroster on high and rear window does the same requiring electric defroster to keep window clear. I change the oil by sucking it out through the dip stick - much easier than jacking it up and removing the under body shroud. Sound system good but has no plug for connecting to an i pod and can only load one CD. Tires are expensive and wear quickly. Developed a trany leak at 40,000 miles which required a trip to dealership in Farmington. Cruise control now failed and if it is a PCM replacement for $$$ will just forgo getting it working. Had a brief problem recently in which car would start but died 3x and makes me nervous if other PCM components may be failing besides cruise control. Will keep car until it starts having additional problems and then get a "common" car with AWD which can be repaired easily in this rural town. Unfortunately many Chrysler dealerships can't repair this "orphan" car. Wife doewsn't like inability to recline the seat much and hates the rough ride of this sports car.
    Visitor, Bradenton, FL, March 19, 2013 11:54
    ive had my crossfire since may of 2012, my fog lights keep randomly going off and i have no idea why. Ive changed my battery twcie now and it hasnt even been a year! please if anyone has had this issue give me feed back! i love the car but if its gonna keep costing a fourtune i have to get rid of it! :(
    Visitor, Oklahoma City, OK, February 04, 2013 14:09
    I bought my Crossfire LTD roadster last summer. It looked showroom fresh, except for the ugly marine glue the dealership used on the back window so that it wouldn't fall in. I thought it was a small problem, but nothing I could handle. The car had one owner, 65,000 miles, and was pristine. The OEM wheels had been replaced with beautiful Foose chromes, and the headlight shields, which tend to get crazed pretty quickly, had been replaced with something that looks great. I was in love. I've driven the car 3,000 miles, and I'm not so happy anymore. While turning a corner the other day, the entire vent on the driver side, the one that goes over the lights knob, fell out in my lap. The glovebox clasp fell out, so the thing hangs open. The rubber hose that connects the coolant overflow to the engine fell apart - you can only get that part from the dealer - so it's taped temporarily. I'm scared that the whole thing is going to fall apart before I can trade it. Gorgeous car, though. I'm going to miss it.
    Visitor, Springfield, IL, December 08, 2012 21:39
    "2005" - Recently purchased "used." Was unable to adjust the right headlight, had to order the entire light assembly costing: $654. Had to go up on the dealers lift to make the change. Also ordered a replacement key costing: $179. The seat heaters for the bottom seat cushions do not heat up, (is that normal?) but the seat backs warm up nicely. Tire pressure sensor light is always on but tire pressure is perfect.
    Visitor, Paxton, MA, October 07, 2011 13:15
    We purchased 2005 Crossfire Limited Roadster this spring. The car randomly does not start. Now it also randomly shuts down while driving. The dash board lights flash during shutdown. Car has 28,000 miles. If anyone has had these issues and found the solution please let us know, dealer cannot find the problem. Love the car but...........
    Visitor, Richmond, VA, June 30, 2011 07:31
    Just wanted to tell Panama City who complained about the Crossfire saying, "That's why Americans have turned to foreign cars" implying that a Crossfire is American made. Well here's a big, fat duh.... The Crossfire has a Mercedes Benz engine and, therefore, is German engineered. Only about 5% of the components on the car originate in America. Get your facts straight before griping.
    Visitor, Damascus, MD, March 07, 2011 10:12
    Overall great car. Hope my opinion stands the test of time. Engine is strong; 5 speed auto stick is fun to drive, brakes are excellent; exhaust sound is great; the normally aspriated is plenty strong enough for me -- even though I still might like to have the super charged one for even more power; AC is super cold; heat comes on quick; suspension isn't too stiff but it still handles well; steering is a little numb but it is a mercedes; and body style is awesome -- lot's of compliments and looks.
    Visitor, Jackson, TN, August 25, 2010 11:11
    My check engine light has been on since the day I got the car. Recently it would not start, and I had to get towed. The ignition went out on the car. It is going to cost 1200 to replace. My interior liner has fallen out as well. I have had nothing but problems with the car since I got it.
    crossfire mad, Prescott Valley, AZ, July 25, 2010 10:17
    The key won't turn to start. I've had it back twice they say its in the steering wheel lock and can't be repaired, "its part of the theft system". Alock smith said its a default in the steering colum makeup with the s/wheel shaft theft system. But he can't disconectt it for insurance concerns. (liability)
    crossfire 2004, Panama City, FL, June 22, 2010 22:57
    I have had my crossfire since it was new. It has only got 19000 miles on the car. It has been kept in a carport or garage since it was new. I have had to replace the light covers due to discoloration. The head liner is falling around the front wind shield. The car just went out of warranty,so the dealer said it would cost 900 dollars to fix the headliner. The ignition has failed to turn to start the car on many times. Tonight I was stranded in a very bad area of the city waiting on a tow truck. I took my car into the Chrysler dealership on two times while it was still under warranty and they told me they couldn;t fix a car that there is nothing wrong with. I must say that once my car starts it drives fantastic. These kind of things really take the fun out of buying a new car. This is exactly why Americans have turned to foreign cars.
    a6900, Peoria, AZ, June 03, 2009 14:49
    have owned since new. have 64000 miles, and only problem i've had is the transmission(6 speed)sometimes jumps out of 1st gear when i'm starting out. other than that, the car has been outstanding
    CrissCross, Bolingbrook, IL, December 24, 2008 09:51
    The Chrysler Crossfire is a nice "looking" vehicle but I've had an issues that my engine would shutdown without warning. The car would restart upwards to about 2 hours later but would shutdown again several miles later. Took it to the dealership THREE times. Only once were they able to detect the "an issue". They put in a new PCV module (or something that starts with a "P"). I thought that would solve the problem but it didn't. It's winter now so I got to wait until spring before I can try it out again. Hopefully my warranty isn't expired by then. If anyone has experienced the same issue, please pass you solution on to me. Thanks