Reviews for Chrysler 300M years:

Chrysler 300M Reviews and Owner Comments

Chrysler 300MOwner Reviews (21 reviews)
    Visitor, Grovetown, GA, February 03, 2014 06:09
    the a/c button will not work, and the heat will only blow out of top vent. while driving with a/c on the compressor will make a squeak noise.
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, October 06, 2013 09:55
    Bought my 99M used with 1 previous owner @ 251,000k. First week needed new Tires, Radiator, Battery, Terminal Wires, and New Ground cable. @260,000k Replaced Front control arms, and sway bar, Inner tie rod bushings. @270,000k Blew Timing crank bearings.( Almost killed it.) Waterpump,Crank bearings, Timing belt, Cam sensor. @280k replaced all 4 Disks and pads.I am now at @297,000. Just went and picked up Outer tie rods and Heater Control Module. Oh and I have to replace the Battery terminals again..that battery is in the worst location. Thinking of relocating Battery to trunk. STILL LOVE MY 300. KIDWEST
    Visitor, Monroe, LA, May 27, 2012 19:00
    I have a '00 300M and I have had it for almost two on my b-day in July. I have not had many problems with my car but when I bought my car in '10 it ran hot because the fan wasn't cooln the engine so they fixed it then a year late my belt broke twice replaced it and ever thing was good. In '11 of Nov. 23 my car quick on me and to this day it still isn't running. I went from a starter to a battier, to spark plugs. Whatelse do I need to do to drive my car again.
  • 2004 Chrysler 300M
    Visitor, Birch Run, MI, December 02, 2011 15:24
    just had to replace transmission control module and solenoid cost 1031 dollars at 135000 miles.
    Visitor, Richmond, VA, September 27, 2011 18:35
    I own a 99 300M. I love the car im just having so many problems. First the coolant resevre goes bad with a crack from heat. Then the coolant system loses pressure. Now the front seal on the transmission is going bad and im leaking fluid. I also now have noticed that i have water leaking from somewhere in the front of the car. Its falling down on the caddilac converter and making tons of white smoke when the car heats up. All in all I like the car and have added alot of cool extras like 6 tvs a gator top and bra stereo system amps and box. I just hate the fact that now that ive put these items in the car that now i have these problems.
  • 2001 Chrysler 300M
    Visitor, Jackson, MI, September 14, 2011 04:58
    OK so I bought a 2001 300m about 4 months ago for $400 YES $400, it needed a tranny replaced as the one in it was slipping, go into gear and then come out and give it a little gas a away it goes again. Well car has about 200K miles on it and it also needs all new front suspension, rattles when drove bad in the front. Not a biggie as it will cost about $400 for all new ready struts and bushings, control arms, sway bar links and inner/outer tie rod ends. EVERYTHING plus labor to put them on. So got the tranny in and drives great, still gotta do the front suspension though. When they put the tranny in they didn't adjust something as the shifter is hard going back into park. So gotta get that fixed.. And as of 2 days ago I plugged in the block heater to test it and see if it worked and when I plugged it in it kinda smoked at the plug, quickly unplugged it and left it alone. Next day son drove it to work and he came home and said it tried to stall 2 times on his trip home, SO i went out and started it and seemed fine but as I put it into reverse the MOTOR started running rough and RPMs went up and down and then stalled, I took it to auto zone and tested it for engine light on and came back with code P1495 , So this could be 1 of 3 things one being the , pump solenoid defective ,,open or shorted circuit or ECM defective. So now I gotta get that fixed one I know what's causing all this. Other than this stuff the car looks luxury to me, interior is real nice and everything works, full power everything and heated seats work great. Clean car just gotta fix the issue stuff.
    Visitor, Duluth, MN, August 29, 2011 09:45
    My car currently has about 163,000 miles. Only issues I've had are that the display for the interior temperature control does not work unless its below freezing outside, passenger seat heater doesn't work, passenger side ball bearings went out 2 years ago, and now driver's side bearings are bad. I also needed a new alternator and radiator this year. But, considering the age and high mileage (and 2 near-total wrecks), these things are expected. I live in No. Minnesota, where we are below zero for 4-5 months straight. This car is parked outside with no engine heater yet has ALWAYS cranked right up for me. An excellent car.
    Visitor, Aiken, SC, August 16, 2011 19:14
    bad on gas
    marge6, Markham, IL, June 23, 2011 05:22
    2002 300M special I brought my car brand new. the engine always sounded ruff to me but the dealer told me this is just how this car sounds. After a year my transmission went out, of course it was replaced due to warranty. About 4 years later it started running hot!!! I always had my regular oil changes and whatever mantenance repairs were needed. No one could find what was wrong with my car. finally after searching I was told it was the water pump. After my warranty was out my car started to run hot again it blew a gasket. I had a rebuilt engine put in my car. now two years later im having the same problem. The temperature guage never went above half way and they tell me i've blown a gasket. The lights flicker the monitor with the outside temperature has gone out along with the directional signs and the panel that helps set the controls in the car. The driver seat dosent go up or down any more. I have had my car for 9 years and i have 118,000 miles on it i know i havent neglected the maintenance on this car. I feel duped also.I have had to change the brakes and rotors multiple multiple times.SOOOOO MANY PROBLEMS the car looks beautiful it has power everything but im tired of repairing it from start to finish .The air conditioning unit has gone out. suspension has also needed work its crazy but i still love this car. I would never buy another Chrysler product and if the 300M was still being made i would never buy another one.
    Codacole, Charlotte, NC, December 07, 2010 18:18
    Love to drive this car, but electrical problems has made me crazy. Adjusting seat changes radio station. Lights come on randomly and blink while driving or sitting in the driveway. Fuse for radiator fan blows weekly, causing AC to not work. Driver window clip broke and window doesn't move. Passenger window motor replaced twice. I have paid in repairs enough to have purchased new. Oh and when changing alternator, had to saw through bolt to get it out of car. I feel like I was duped by purchasing an American car. So sad.
    Visitor, Lincoln, NE, November 30, 2010 13:12
    Smoooth riding car, great to drive. It's quite, has good visability and handles very well. Bought it used 4 years ago since then I have replaced the A/C condensor ($800 with labor since you have to tear out the entire dash to get to it), outer and inner tie rods, radiator, and still can't get the heated seats to work. I have also had the modual for the interior blower fan go bad and it makes the fan blow full blast once the ingnition key is turned. I replaced it with one if found at a junk yard, it lasted three days. I suspect it's the blower fan itself drawing more current in it's old age blowing the power transistor on the modual. I wish they still made this model, I would trade this one in for a new one in a heartbeat. But I would sell if off after about 5-6 years before all this stuff starts to break down.
    Visitor, Ludowici, GA, August 09, 2010 10:46
    daughter wrecked mine about 5 years ago she took out 9 trees did over 8000 dollars worth of damage and her and her friend came out with out a scratch, still driving it with close to 200,000 miles on it.
    Visitor, Rincon, PR, July 27, 2010 09:12
    Love car but electrical problems with pcm and bcm, got me going in circles, worst part electrichans cant find a thing, you go true bcm like you go true tires
    Visitor, Perry, MI, June 14, 2010 19:05
    One of the best cars I have ever owned. I'm actually on my second 300m drove the first one (2000 300M) until it had 200k than bought a 02 300m Special as a certified pre-owned car and it just turned 100k. I plan on driving this one until 250k. Only had to do regular maintenance. Don't forget the 100k t-belt change. Common issues on these cars are the dash flicker, power lock motors tend to go bad, and front sway bar bushing make clucking sound. These are all very minor issues in my opinion. The 3.5l engine from chrysler is extremely reliable engine is maintained properly. For the price I paid theres nothing better! I'm very surprised by the other comments on here, makes me wonder where there getting there car from since this is my second good one! Happy motoring.
    Visitor, Ashland, MA, April 21, 2010 18:28
    overall nice car
    Visitor, Maple Plain, MN, March 30, 2010 14:40
    Owned for over 8 years now and 142,000 miles. Car has done really well for us. Some expected repairs after 100,000. Engine, transmission, heat/AC, alternator, and starter have all been trouble free. Power door lock actuators had to be replaced, as did sway bar links. Really everything still works on the car though considering all the options it has.
    hoco01041462, Pittsburgh, PA, January 24, 2010 16:09
    Where to begin. Well fist off this is now my second Chrysler 300M (not my choice). The first one I had bought something just didn't seem right. The car drove and sounded funny after the first week and I took it back to the dealer for them to look over. They came back to inform me that I would be receiving a different one and to go and remove everything in the car. So I drove the 2nd car they gave me home and had it for 2 weeks. While driving on the PA Turnpike the engine started making a very strange noise in which I have never heard a car make before. I slowed down by the noise only became worse and worse so of course I pulled over and shut off the engine. After letting it cool down I attempted to start it again. It started perfectly fine but when the engine was running it sounded awful. Words can not even describe the noise that was coming from the car, but clearly there was something wrong. The car was towed (in which I had the dealer pay for the tow) and Chrysler had my car for 3 months. 3! They ended up replacing the engine completely. A few months later the radiator went bad and had to be replaced, however it was covered under warranty but I still had to pay something out of pocket. After the warranty expired I had to have the transmission rebuilt, both from control arms replaced, water pump, timing belt, radiator (yes, again), and a bunch of hoses. Now my car will suddenly start sputtering if it goes above 2.5 RPMs. God only knows how many times I have had the brakes replaced as well as the rotors and also have it aligned. I am very careful with hitting pot holes and other thing as well as making sure I am not slamming on the brakes. Also while driving the interior lights will flash. It is very rare that it happens but I have done more research on it and apparently its something that pretty much every Chrysler 300M does. It doesn't affect the car at all (for now anyways) but it is still scary because it indicates that something was put together poorly. I will never EVER buy a Chrysler for as long as I live. I have never had so many problems with a single car nor have I heard of any other person have as many problems as I have. The only good thing that I like about this car is its appearance. The car looks like a great car, but you clearly find out differently when its started and driven.
    jokajjp, Philadelphia, PA, September 03, 2009 06:27
    Absolutely love the car. As with any car with age, older parts need to be replaced. I replaced the radiator, ac evaporator, struts, strut mounts springs, tie rods (inner and outers), rotors, control arms, tension struts, water pump, and timing belt. I love doing the work on the car. One of the only full size sedans that still on the road that won't break your pockets.
    Radical, Redding, CA, February 13, 2009 11:07
    Best Bang for the Buck.
  • 2001 Chrysler 300M
    bunky94, Charleston, SC, February 04, 2009 19:49
    Value for the dollar is excellent. I bought it used a few years ago for less than 10 grand. I love to drive this car because it is pretty fast and handles well on twisted roads. I can get around 29 mpg on the highway if I drive 65 mph. Sound system is good. On the negative side, the dash has split and the interior door handle broke (one cost $250 to repair). Thought about something newer but many of the newer models copied the design of this one so why bother?
    Johnny Mopar, San Leandro, CA, December 26, 2008 13:56
    Chrysler 300M Body and Interior comfortable, wind and road noise below average, well insulated, Brakes very good, Electrical Components overall trouble free, Engine Performance good, Exhaust and Emissions good, Heating and Air Conditioning Above average performance. Suspension and steering has good road feel