2003 Chrysler Sebring Problem Reports

Most Reported 2003 Chrysler Sebring Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

A plugged AC evaporator drain tube can cause a water leak inside the car; usually near the front passenger's feet.

When I turn off the a/c or heat I hear a loud clicking the seems to come from the passenger side of the dash

Just the dash lights went out about a month ago.

3.0L V6 (coupe)
Erroneous Check Engine Light illumination for intermittent misfires can be solved with a software update to the powertrain control module (PCM).

Sedan and Convertible
A click heard when turning the steering wheel may be solved by aligning the steering column or installing revised steering column parts as necessary. Installing the revised parts will require removal of the steering column from the vehicle.

There have been reports of premature head gasket failure; an updated gasket design is available to correct this problem.

For the sedan trim only, Coolant can leak at the coolant bleeder valve and is usually evident because of an orange crust formation on the housing. A revised bleeder and housing is available to correct this problem.

The carpet under the right side of the dash may become wet with water. This can be caused by the AC evaporator drain being plugged with debris. Our technicians tell us that once the drain is clear, a cabin air filter should be installed to keep debris out.

Foam tape placed between the door trim panel and door sheet metal can solve a rattling issue caused by audio output from the door speakers.

It is important to use the correct oil filter in the 4 cylinder engine. There are two different 2.4L engines, which use different filters. The 2.4L in the coupe is made by Mitsubishi motors while the 2.4L in the sedan is made by Chrysler. Using the incorrect filter can result in engine damage as a result of oil loss.

My front driver side carpet is wet everyday. I do not know as of yet where the water is coming from. I clean the carpet and hours later it is soaked again. I thought it may be from the cooling system. I do not see a leak it seems that the water is coming from under the carpet. I do not have a solution but I am looking for one. It is annoying that my car smells like mildew every other day.