Reviews for Chevrolet Trailblazer years:

Chevrolet Trailblazer Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet TrailblazerOwner Reviews (61 reviews)
  • 2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, December 19, 2014 18:45
    I would not purchase another trail blazer. My vehicle after 5 years and 39,000 miles has had to have its transmission replaced. Since the replacement there is an audible clunk when applying foot to accelerator and a rattling noise with driving over a bump road. Not much support from the dealers. This is not what I would expect from a vehicle of low mileage. Would not recommend a chevy vehicle. My first experience was extremely poor with the Traverse and I am not sure if the trailblazer is any better. Stay away from any of these vehicles.
    Letsgolowtech, Longmont, CO, December 11, 2014 16:55
    So I want to say this is a nice ride because it the nicest i have ever owned. The interior and all the bells and whistles are sweet, When they start to crap out its not worth repairing all the over engineered electrical though. So the seats are in a fixed position and the dash lights and gauges are dropping like flies. So before I get into it, I was the second owner, and the first may have been a complete nincompoop. Bought it at 135ish and have had to replace almost everything on the engine within the first year. Glad I'm handy or I would be looking at well over $6000 in repairs. Lets see, waterpump, power steering unit, alternator, ac condenser(which seized,snapped the serp and left me stranded in bfe Nebraska), then of course the bearings in the belt tensioner went. Then the MAF sensor and temp sensor needed to be replaced to get the thing to even stay running at idle. *advice, clean the throttle body asap, its gummed trust me. Oh and three replacement coil packs were "faulty", just my luck. I was buying them at a dealership to replace one that died. they replaced them though. Trans has done me right, and the 4wd always works. It does leak tranny fluid at all of the compression fittings, but i top it off once in a while. The suspension is pretty capable actually. I have replaced all of the stock parts because all of the ball joints (8) were F'ed, and the sway bar end links. Have done three wheel bearings in 2 years too. Exhaust issues are pretty common for Winter state cars so it rattles and can be a little noisy in the morning. I have replaced both O2 sensors also. So Im in it for almost 4000 more than i bought it for but it runs like a champ. (always does until it quits) Hopefully at this point I will drive it to 300,000. I'll make sure to post when it gets there or something expensive goes and I drive it off a dam cliff!
    Visitor, Rochester, MI, June 10, 2014 04:36
    I bought my new 4WD 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LS in 2001 and it's still on the road with almost 315K miles. I've had some work done to it over the years, particularly with the front end but everything still works including the 4WD, which I used a lot during this past severe winter. The straight 6 engine and differential gearing won't beat anyone off the line but it delivers enough power to pull a house off it's foundation. My hat's off to the Detroit engineers and all the assemblers who put this one together. If all of the autos would design and build cars that go 300K, everyone would win. Can any of the foreigns or domestics design and build autos that consistantly get to 300K?
    Hunter05084, Mount Washington, KY, April 26, 2014 18:25
    My 2004 trailblazer has had its share of problems. When I first got it, about a year ago, I had the sway bar end links replaced. I've had to replace both wheel hubs in the front. there's a short somewhere cause every once in a while when I take my foot off the gas the lights inside and out will dim then when I push the gas it will brighten back up. It's actually died before when I stopped at a stop sign or light. It hasn't done it in a while but it will. It's got a brand new battery and the alternator is reading fine. The short will blow a fuse or 2 sometimes. Also when I change my oil I put in the required 7 quarts of oil in and 3 weeks later I'll check the level and it reads low. 2 quarts low. There's no leaks or no burning of the oil. I changed the plugs and 2 of the 6 were covered in oil so I'm guessing the missing oil is staying in the crank case. So I'm guessing it's got bad rings or valve cover gaskets. One of the blend door actuator went out. It will also read gross emissions leak every now and again. My rpm and mph gauge both will stop working if I'm driving the vehicle for longer than 20 minutes. I had trouble with the shifter button and the ignition. I couldn't get it to go in gear and I couldn't get my key out of the ignition.
    DWIGHTDSI1, Raleigh, NC, April 20, 2014 21:22
    72,000 miles as of 04-16-2014 = Purchased new 2004 = A/C has not properly worked from day 09-03-2004. When turned on I have to wait for 60-75 seconds before A/C comes on. No tech can give me any help on this . . . ..........ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    Visitor, Gig Harbor, WA, March 04, 2014 15:04
    I have owned my 05 Trailblazer since end of 2005 (I am 2nd owner). First few years no problems. Around 2009 I started having check engine light show up on a regular basis. Now it occurs about once every 6 months. Getting expensive to own! I have had electrical connection issues with the headlight (melted connectors), oxygen sensor failure (twice now), bad coils, broken plastic parts on the interior, overheating with a/c on (t-stat problems), etc etc. I have always been on top of maintenance with my rig so I'm pretty disappointed in how it is performing now, especially since its just over 130k miles - that's not very old! Aside from those issues, I am thankful to have a dependable vehicle that has never left me stranded!
    Visitor, Chicago Heights, IL, January 28, 2014 18:29
    I have a 2004 chevrolet trailblazer LT we purchased in 2007 we have had nothing but complications it started of minor now its major we had the transmission rebuilt and now the 4wd is bad and this was the way they sold it to my husband, we are also having the power steering pump and acurators replaced for the a/c , we have this great mechanic who is helping us with all our problems at a very low cost that is why were able to fix this LEMON!!!!
    Visitor, Lyons, GA, January 21, 2014 14:36
    My trailblazer has been a constant reminder of why you need a mechanic in the family. Around 32,000 miles the passenger window fell into the door. The power window's plastic parts were crumbs inside the door panel. Prior to the window problem, my sound system's speakers played musical chairs. I have one speaker that is working at this time. 70,000 miles and the gas gauge no longer worked. Now when the engine is running the "humming" sound is so loud that someone standing by the car can hear it. When I drive away the sound becomes louder. I feel that I've made quite a bit of lemonade, but lemon is not my favorite flavor.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, January 13, 2014 23:19
    Overall the car has been a good car but I did have most of the problems listed for my year. CD player failed(2009ish)Sunroof failed (2010ish)with no replaceable parts only full replacement available (as per goodyear repair) Brakes as of 2012-2013 have been done twice (front)needing another FULL brake job.(supect master cylinder?) I did not have the 4wd switch problems, TG! Front axle driver side has been replaced seals failed (2013)not bad. Electrical some issues with head lights.. only had to hit it a few times and they dem but not bad just strange. Engine itself has been a champ outside of the exhaust manifold. AC/heat has worked great except AC is poor at idle. Steering great Suspension mushy/bouncy since I have owned it, even after front strut replacement.
    Visitor, Channelview, TX, December 09, 2013 09:22
    I purchased this SUV with 38,000 miles on it. I now have 129,900 and it is still going strong. I am just now needing to replace the front brakes. My gas milage on the hiway averaged to 18.2 mpg. Have not had to change spark plugs yet, but did remove and regapped them. I an sorry they quit makeing the TrailBlazer. It is great for city and some country driving, with good groung clearance. I have the 4.2L6 engine.
    Visitor, Simpsonville, SC, November 15, 2013 06:51
    My 2006 Trail Blazer has given me more problems and costly money to have it repaired. The check engine light goes off and on,stays on more than off. I had it repaired in 2011 by a Chevorlet Dearlership and 1 month later the light was back on, no help from this dearlership, I also had the wiring repaired because the bulbs would blow out and I have replaced about 5 bulbs this year at a cost of 11.99 per bulb. The Chevorlet Company need to do a recall on all these problems. I can't continue to pay for these high repairs
    mappc73, Milford, DE, October 11, 2013 09:37
    I purchased a 2006 trailblzer with 63000 miles from carzone in dover delaware on august 10, 2013. By august 23rd the check engine lite was on. Took back to dealer who replaced a coil pack. Within a week check engine lite was back on. Dealer said the first coil pack was faulty and they replaced the thermostat. Oct. 6th check engine lite is back on . Now the dealer said the cylinder head needs to be sent out to a machinist. I wish i had never even looked at this piece of junk.
    Visitor, Wildomar, CA, September 17, 2013 13:14
    After 100 k miles the ac and fuel guage stopped working. The ac would only blow out the rear. The gas guage reads empty all the time. We originality purchased the vehicle just to take our grandchildren out. However, the air conditioning repair estimate is over $650 to fix. We budgeted for regular servicing and brakes, but not such a big expence with such low mileage. We just found out the gauge is going to cost $641 to repair. (fuel synding unit) I originality wanted to purchase something a different vehicle but my wife and her aunts and uncles were Chevy fans. They thought they had converted another. I wish. I think I am the one doing the converting. An unhappy Chevrolet Owner.
    Visitor, Sanford, NC, August 28, 2013 07:00
    I have a 2007 Chevrolet trailblazer. I got it brand new and has been the worst car that I have ever had. I did not even have it a year before it was in the shop. It has been in and out sense I have had it. Chevrolet dose not stand behind there product nor do the want to take care of there mistakes. I have had to replace the 4 window motors,radio, both front speakers, the seat controls, the inside door paneling, multiple problems with the fuel system and electrical problems. Now that the warranty has gone out the seat controls are broke and the rear end is going out and the transmission is sticking. The sad thing is they have come up with some kind of excuse so that when I did have warranty I would still have to pay. I will never own another Chevrolet or recommend anybody buy one.
    DudleyCo, Lawrence, KS, July 27, 2013 01:21
    I have a 2004 Chev trailblazer. The worst item is the memory seats and settings for 2 drivers and seat heaters. They intermittently work at best. I never know when I get in the car. Seems they work about once a year then stop working for months at a time. Also the 4WD stops working--about once a year. Usually stops for a couple of days then starts working again. The On Star people said it is a sensor that can't sense. It then defaults to 2WD. I have 187,000 miles now. Just had(2013) to replace the A/C compressor. In (2012) I had to replace and ignition coil. 2012 replaced front upper and lower ball joints in the front suspension. Not bad if compare repair costs vs new car payments.
    Visitor, Moulton, AL, June 12, 2013 08:41
    I have a 2004 Trailblazer that has 62,000 mi on it and my problem is that it has had 4 water pumps and 2 clutch fans installed and it is now leaking anti-freeze again. It also has a squeak/rattle in the front end when turining that has been there since new.Now the ABS light is on code says ABS pump. This is the worst most problem auto I have ever owned !! Finally it slugs fuel like pouring water out of a glass. Time to cut my losses and trade !!
    Visitor, Arlington, TX, May 15, 2013 19:21
    Only problem , had to replace a coil on the engine , right tail-light goes out about once a year . It started that vib at stop lights last week , mts are good . 2002 100k miles 2wd
    Visitor, Dodge City, KS, May 08, 2013 08:41
    have had my 2003 Chevy trailblazer 4x4 for 3 years and other than normal maintenance its a great vehicle.
    Visitor, Inkster, MI, April 10, 2013 15:59
    I purchased my 2004 in 2006. It had approx. 60,000 miles on it. My Trailblazer and I have been from the Midwest to the far East Coast states and as far south as Tennessee. I now have 215,000 miles. I have not had any major problems until now, but in all fairness it is probably partly due to some neglect. I have within the past two months replaced both wheel bearing and hub assemblies, upper and lower ball joints and tie rods on both sides, and water pump. Despite all the repairs, it still looks and feels good to drive. Some people close to me have asked why I don't buy another vehicle with all these problems, but its paid for and I honestly think I can get another 200,000+ miles out of this boy.
    Visitor, Fayetteville, NC, December 12, 2012 19:45
    My heat and air just stopped working and don't know what to do but it is very frustrating.
    Visitor, Orange, CA, September 06, 2012 10:41
    Without a doubt this is the worst vehicle I have ever bought. In addition the chevy dealers are the most uncooperative people I have ever encountered. They either don't know or will not be honest about your situation. This car is a electrical nightmare.
    Visitor, Tucson, AZ, August 13, 2012 11:45
    I love my trailblazer really smooth driving and good for my family the problems that I had is my headligths (fuse) got replaced and now my engine is overheating three times even though I take it for oil changes on time and check my coolant etc. I notice that the oil level is one of the causes and I keep adding a quart of oil and it helps but is happening more often , is my engine going bad please help?
    Visitor, Maywood, IL, July 17, 2012 18:38
    I have a problem with my ac@herter cold on one side @ warm on the drive side .
    nicole...B, New Hudson, MI, May 15, 2012 18:40
    i absolutley love my trailblazer!~ by far the best truck i have ever owned!!!! one problem is the temp control only works when it wants ????????????//
    Visitor, Conneaut, OH, January 25, 2012 17:06
    Just checked all connections, cleaned throttle, checked fuses and my 06 chevy trailblazer still only starts when it wants to. Checked battery, alternator, starter, ignition aren't the problem either. It just starts when it wants to. plz help!!!
    Visitor, Imperial, PA, January 20, 2012 12:03
    I have had way to many problems with my 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer and am the original owner. I had to replace brake lines and power steering lines due to them rusting out as well as the master cylinder and calipers that keep sticking. I would not recommend buying one.
    Visitor, Hillside, NJ, December 04, 2011 14:06
    I had my chevy trailblazer for six years. It runs well the powere window on the passenger side failed. Bad on gas, easily to get dents however it runs fairly well.
    psj1676, Springfield, MO, November 24, 2011 09:38
    i love my truck, having said that let me rail off about what i dont like about it.....the electrical is going n they cant find a reason why, they said the springs n shocks r fine but im pretty sure thats wrong cause if u go over a a few bumps u r sure to hear what can only be described as rubberbands stretching n rubbing together. fed up w/chevy machanics.....wasted time n money...the wipers dont work on intermittent.....the a/c only works when the outside temp gauge reads 55 degrees or higher...i need answers
    mnireem, Wilmington, NC, October 24, 2011 07:08
    I hate this vehicle...the mileage sucks for one, the fuel pump failed before the warranty expired, no help had to pay like $588.00 for a new one and labor, now the evap system for the fuel injectors are out another $600.00 bucks. The lights dim when you use the windows, the center console has no support, the seats are falling apart, wind noise is unbelievable, and speakers are all out of wack sounds like the speakers are under my car. I'm tired of all the headache with this particular vehicle I will never buy another chevrolet vehicle...I feel they have just become sloppy are careless with their vehicles. I'm not recommending their vehicles to family, friends, or enemies...
    Visitor, Savannah, GA, September 24, 2011 06:23
    my cd radio player has four channels only one of them will work the driver side and the rear speakers will not work only the passenger side will work ,other than that I have had know problems YET .
    lewis23, Lansing, MI, September 22, 2011 15:59
    i have a 2003 trail blazer is it called a cluster panel i need or instrument cluster?
    truckcar, Danville, KY, September 05, 2011 16:50
    battery went died and i jumped the truck and then the Check Engine light on 4 wheel drive came on and stayed on and know it will not go in to 4 wheel drive??
    Visitor, Stockport, OH, July 30, 2011 17:46
    Well my trailblazer has done pretty good but, i've only had it 3mnths,and my check engine light came on and there has been a wining type noise in the engine.It acts like it doesn't wanna pick up speed.
    Visitor, Everett, WA, May 22, 2011 08:46
    my shifter keeps getting stuck and wont let me take the key out
    Cmaster, Evans Mills, NY, May 13, 2011 08:44
    It rides smooth but i miss my 1988 Dodge Ram. this is a good family car spacious and descent on gas although newer cars are doing better. I have just put to much money into wear and tear parts at such an start for the vehicle. i bought it with 44,000 on it and now currently has less than 80,000. my old dodge got me from point A to point B with just brakes oil a/c etc and ive flipped the speedometer on it. im not impressed with it but could always be worse....... but the one thing i do hate is my liftgate module went out and you cant take off the panel when it is down without breaking it chevy needs to fix that
    Visitor, Chandler, AZ, March 29, 2011 11:09
    I bought my 2004 Chev Trailblazer used from a rental car company in 2005. I never expected it to be so reliable and tough. I have only had one issue, the heater core went out and dumped lots of antifreeze in the interior of my car. Easy fix and it has been fine exer since. I have been thinking about getting another car but after reading the glowing reviews on the Trailblazer and bad reviews on other cars I was considering, I will keep my loyal, tough, well built Trailblazer. Thanks, Chevy!
    Visitor, Palmyra, PA, February 07, 2011 15:51
    Had a transmission go out at 100,000 and found out the transmission in the car wasnt the correct one, It was not a 2003 transmissiom. It was a series one and not the correct one. Brakes have 115,000 on originals and wont need new ones for inspection. Trans cost me 2500... Ron Burke
    Visitor, Chesapeake, VA, February 03, 2011 10:58
    I bought my 2004 Trailblazer in 2005 with 30,000 miles on it. I now have 149,000 miles on it and it is still running strong. I drove it threw a mud bog one month after I purchased it and had to replace the alternator on it. Just replaced today the thermostat and there is a berring going in the water pump. Not bad for a vehicle that has almost 150,000 miles. I love it and would not trade it for anything. My son is begging me to give it to him next year when he turns 16....I think it would be a great vehicle for a beginner.
    Visitor, Camden, TN, January 09, 2011 19:06
    bought a 2006 trailblazer from peppers in paris, tennesse. We have had nothing but trouble out of this vehicle. i would not have another one. Also, the fuel clamp came off when we were driving on the interstate. We are lucky that it did not blow up. We lost a tank of gas in less than 5 minutes. The mechanic that fixed it told us that was very rare with that happening. It must have been a recall, and we did not get notified. Real Smart on GM's part.
    Visitor, Katy, TX, January 03, 2011 11:08
    i love my tb its taking me to all the places i needed to be and go to. The only thing wrong with it now it the ck engine light is on, so i had it changed but its still on..hmmmm....
    Visitor, Gibsonton, FL, November 12, 2010 16:23
    I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle after the first year and Chevy dealership would not do anything to help. I have had the fuel sensor go bad, the fuel pump, fuel contector, the shocks and struts have all been replaced within the first year. I used to be a chevy buyer all my life and lately have no faith left in Chevrolet.
    Visitor, Corry, PA, November 09, 2010 09:59
    exaust pipe from engine to muffler , pipe broke by engine called chevy dealer told it would be $900 to replace. called several places was told only could get it from chevy. called different chevy dealere got a new story because i had less than 80,000 it was under warrenty because this pipe was part of converter.
    Visitor, Durand, IL, September 28, 2010 11:00
    I love the trailblazer, however I have 94,000 miles on it and I am replacing the wheelbearing for the fourth time. I swear I got a lemon.
    Visitor, Shawnee, KS, September 27, 2010 13:29
    Bought this new. Had to replace the engine at 82k. GM did not want to talk about it. Service engine on the computers recommendations. I got 93k out of the brakes and 80k out of the tires. I now have 180k on the vehicle with 98k on the new engine. Just replaced the catalitic converter. Is on third set of tires and second set of brakes. Alternator, power steering and water pump all orgiginal. Just have to replace the AC hose (blew out). I have driven it off-road many times and drive it fast and hard. Interior and exterior still like new. Fan switch failed at 50k.
    1SXYSGT, Las Vegas, NV, September 09, 2010 11:21
    I have a 2002 Trailblazer. This is a very expensive care to maintain. I have spent $12K just to keep in running. I have all the receipts. I had to replace the rotars at 50K. Replace the transmission at 75K. I'm at 121K and need new rotars again!! This truck has been dealer maintained. I treat this truck like a queen, she is definately high maintenace. I wouldn't buy another Chevy if they gave 50% off. I have a 1 year old Infinity QX56 and so far so good. Oops! I forgot, they had to replace my gas tank after 1 month of owning my TB. No cost to me but a huge inconvenience.
    Visitor, Beverly Hills, CA, June 12, 2010 11:48
    Slides while turn 90°
    Visitor, Amarillo, TX, May 28, 2010 15:52
    vehicle in very good condition with all necessary maintaince done
    Visitor, Madison, AL, May 14, 2010 13:16
    Bought my 2006 Trailblazer brand new. The first 40,000 miles started noticing that the black coating on the radio buttons were rubbing off? I have never had a car do that before. I didn't have any more issues until I hit 80,000. I've replace the following: Rear Tail light, Alternator$500, Electric cooling fan $600 and Blower motor $250. Also, random interior parts are just breaking and falling off(I don't have kids). The bottom of my seat, where the seat adjuster button is has broken off. A couple of rubber edgings have fallen off and just the other day I found a broken piece under my back seat. Oh.. and it took almost 2 years before the black rubber edging on my tailgate to stop running black tar down the back of my car!! HATE THIS CAR. Had a Montero that lasted me to 125,000 miles without replacing anything except for the brakes!! This car is ridiculously cheaply mad!!!
    Trailblzr63, Shippensburg, PA, May 03, 2010 06:22
    I brought my 04 Trail Blazer in 07 and it had 36000 miles on it, Now in 2010 I have 115000 miles on it and it`s still running strong. I`m hard on vehicles so out of all the ones that i own, This ones the best.
    Visitor, Port Hadlock, WA, April 15, 2010 20:43
    We just turned over 79,000 miles and we've never had a single problem. We change the oil, oil filter, air and fuel filters but other than that we haven't had to do a thing. I had a 99 Ford Ranger before the Trailblazer and it was pure junk. I would highly endorse the Chevy Trailblazer.
    06Trail, Cornish, ME, February 22, 2010 09:00
    I have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, bought it brand new off the showroom floor. It currently has 63,000 miles on it. I have maintained the oil changes faithfully, otherwise, it has not cost me anything. I am just now doing the front brakes, drivers side outer tie rod end, plugs and an air filter. Oh and just put on some tires...I also learned it needs a camshaft sensor...a whole $37.00 (LOL). This truck has been WONDERFUL for me. The vehicle I had before this was a 2005 Chevy Equinox, that was the first year for them. It spent at least 1 week a month at the dealership getting fixed....honestly. I had a loaner more than my actual vehicle, after a year I finally said enough, liked the looks of the Trailblazer and away we went. This Trailblazer has haulded campers, trailers etc...without hesitation. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is considering a mid-size SUV. My husband is comforted in knowing that I am safe during my 33 mile one way commute to work every day, and living in New England, we have our fair share of snow and lousy weather. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I found myself in a situation in which I was sucked in to some slush and ice...my truck started going sideways, well, everything kicked in and she sure came around and I was going straight again, I cannot say enough good about the Trailblazer! Thank you Chevy for building a truck I trust and one that is super comfortable!! Kudos from MAINE!
    BayRidge, Brooklyn, NY, November 07, 2009 10:25
    Replace brakes a lot on this. Muffler broke at rear. Can't understand why they don't put a brace at very end to prevent muffler from having so much weight there. Not rocket science. Got it welded twice but next time will need whole thing. Needed a wheel hub assembly in front. All in all, I like the car. It gets decent highway mileage (20-21) but lousy city mileage (10-12). Got 89K on it and will keep it a couple of years more I guess. Am going to put new drilled rotors and ceramic brakes on it. Hope it's the last time. They don't make TB anymore so review doesn't mean much I guess. Repair Pal rocks. Thanks.
    silverstrike, Rochester, NY, August 31, 2009 06:57
    I bought this truck in 2007, and love it! With the amazing tow package, it toted my 4 place snowmobile trailer with no problem. I pulled many people out of snow using the front recovery hooks and some with the rear hitch. Only problems so far were both front wheel bearings, but I knew those were a common problem with Trailblazers before I bought the vehicle. I didnt mind though because the warranty covered the replacement of both. I even got rear ended a few months ago and since I had the ball mount on the hitch, the only damage to my rear end was a bumper cover (bumper was still fine too) and new muffler that got pushed forward. The hitch was solid, frame still perfect. Nothing else wrong with the TB. The car that hit me was so demolished, it looked like it hit a huge concrete wall going 100mph. (I was stopped and he was going about 40mph) I will keep this truck until it dies in a few decades or so.
    baboso, Laredo, TX, August 28, 2009 11:53
    Had high mileage when I bought it. No real problems aside from regular preventative maintenance. Works great.
    nickricc, Red Lion, PA, August 21, 2009 09:17
    I have the 5.3 v8 ,and completely satisfied with it. As far as I am concerned it's better then the inline six, and better on gas then the SS. I plan to keep it at least 7 years. I hate the auto ac controls, and would prefer the manual settings. It never seems to get air flow direction right.
    dlc, Chino Hills, CA, April 13, 2009 18:10
    Bought my vehicle from Enterprise with 6700 miles on it. It is 4wd with the in-line six with almost 300 hp. It has performed well overall with 20-21mpg avg if I keep below 70 on frwy. All add-ons like ac/stereo/power windows, mirrors, door locks/etc all still work fine after three years. Interior is 2-tone with camel colored seats and upper part of SUV and black carpets and dash area. The automatic 4wd works well in snow or sloppy mud. The 4wd locked in low was excellent at pulling stuck trucks out of mud and snow. Vehicle also came equipped with tow package, so I just hooked the tow chain to the ball at the rear and pulled them out. I plan to own this car for about eight years total. Oil changes every 3-3500 miles. Rotate tires every 5000-5500. Only actual repair so far has been an idler pulley below the power steering pump. This is the fifth car I have purchased from car rental companies in two different states. If they have a car/truck you like I would recommend anyone considering them.
    grclay44, North Las Vegas, NV, April 12, 2009 11:36
    year&half no problems
    pekepoppa, Westland, MI, April 08, 2009 18:19
    I have the SS model and expect it to be my retirement car. I love this vehicle. It is like driving a sports car with extra room. It handles very well and has a lot of the comforts you would expect in a luxury car instead of a "muscle car". The suspension is automatically adjusted by a sensor valve and is a little stiff but it also tows well. No rattles or major problems after 12,000 miles. I did have to take it to the dealership to replace the rear Chevy Emblem as it was working loose. From slamming the rear hatch maybe? No rattles or strange noises yet.
    isaacnterra, Gilbert, AZ, April 08, 2009 09:01
    old but has been my most reliable car i have ever had!
    Russ, Oakland, CA, October 10, 2008 15:13
    The inline 6 cylinder engine in this Trailblazer is one of the best engines from GM in years. Combine this fine engine with a smooth shifting automatic transmission and you end up with a fine running midsize SUV. Seating is confortable for 4 adults and is capable of handling most hauling needs. GM seems to have worked out the minor electrical issues that showed up on some of the early models.
    limitedslip, Fort Lauderdale, FL, October 05, 2008 11:12
    I have owned this vehicle since new and have had one problem (malfunctioning speedpmeter assy) which was replaced by the dealer at no charge. Other than that there were no problems and I am now going to have the Auto Transmission serviced at 30K miles (Fluid and Filter change))