Reviews for Chevrolet Tracker years:

Chevrolet Tracker Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet TrackerOwner Reviews (11 reviews)
    Turtlemb, Auburn, CA, April 18, 2014 12:36
    Seriously, I bought this car when it was 1 year old in 2001. It has been by far the best car I have ever owned. It now has 141,000 miles on it. I just replaced the catalytic converter, the serpentine belt, the brake pads and shoes, & the air filter and she is running like a brand new car. I still have a few other maintenance things to do like diagnose the AC and the Shocks/Struts. Once those are done she will really purrrrr!
  • 2002 Chevrolet Tracker
    Visitor, Goldsboro, NC, October 31, 2013 16:10
    This is the second Tracker that I've owned, fist was a 1992, both new when purchased. I have 70,000 on my 02 & have performed all of my scheduled maintenance. I have never had a problem with either and am completely satisfied. When I turn the key, it takes me where I've wanted to go.
    Visitor, Bothell, WA, November 06, 2012 15:38
    best car I've ever owned I bought it used it used eight years ago and I've never had a problem the only cost was consumables.
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, June 26, 2012 11:07
    I bought my tracker used and have it for 5 years now and I love it. However we have had a few minor issues mostly just to do with proper care and maintenance that all vehicles go thru. However we have had one annoying issue nothing mechanical it has to do with a constant wet front passenger floor board. Not sure where the water is coming from we have checked the drain hose from the A?C We have replaced the condensor and Air conditioner with all new hoses? Where can our leak be coning from?
  • 2001 Chevrolet Tracker
    Visitor, Ocean City, NJ, October 28, 2011 16:46
    I have owned this used from a dealer it sat in the lot for over a year I learned later when the idle arm pulley went. They changed it because it was under warranty but I replaced serpentine belt about 7 times due to not be in alignment. The AC condenser went that cost around $900 bucks no warranty. Then it went a year later now no AC. the car has 114,000 on it now and I have changed oil on a regular basis. The car runs like a top but it does drift in high winds. Good gas mileage 24 mpg on highway. Good small SUV with 4x4 features hi/lo transfer case. Cars these days are few and far between with AWD instead of 4x4.
  • 2001 Chevrolet Tracker
    Visitor, Morehead, KY, September 16, 2011 18:25
    I have an 2001 Chevy Tracker,that I bought when it had 49,000 miles and had been wrecked. Front grill and bumper needed to be replaced. The insuance company total it out, so it has a rebuilt title. I have not had any major problems with this Tracker, what it has been doing in the last 3 years is the lights will flicker inside and outside, so I think I may have a voltage regulator going out. Just this summer with our hot temperture we had, it started to not start after driving a while or would die if I let it idle.If I let it set for 15-20 minutes, than it would start up and run without a miss. Will be replacing the camshaft sensor. I will not complain about this auto because it now has 207,000 miles and the oil has not been changed for over 19,000 miles, but winter is coming up and i need to get it ready....Also this is the second tracker that I have owned the other was a 1993 it had over 200,000 miles when I sold it to my sister and she still drives it. The only repair on it was a new alternator. I love my trackers....
    Visitor, Lawton, OK, October 06, 2010 10:31
    worst car i ever bought. in less than 6 months the engine needed to be replaced and the place i bought from dosnt cover it. its an over all bad car that i couldnt even recomend for any of its features.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Tracker
    Visitor, Vallejo, CA, September 13, 2010 17:53
    This thing is a true SUV, with an emphasis on utility. I bought it used (but well maintained) and find it very good for what it is. It's currently got 120K miles and I'm going to redo the shocks/struts, as it just sways a bit. As it really is designed for off road (and is RWD when the 4WD is not engaged), it does tend to wander a bit in the wind on bridges.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Tracker
    Rogbart, Alma, WI, August 11, 2010 15:20
    Best liked car we ever owned. Towed many times behind motorhome with 4wd in neutral. A pleasure to drive. Also had 19 99 tracker identical body and features, towed many thousand miles. Our second best liked car.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Tracker
    roxbud1, Franklin, WI, November 09, 2009 07:46
    This car is one of the worst cars I've ever owned! Piece of crap.
  • 1998 Chevrolet Tracker
    jrakeson, Beverly Hills, CA, April 08, 2009 10:08
    The most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. My only complaint is the rough ride, but what can you expect from a short wheel base four wheel drive. The windshield seem to be a rock magnet.