Reviews for Chevrolet Tahoe years:

Chevrolet Tahoe Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet TahoeOwner Reviews (58 reviews)
    Visitor, New Orleans, LA, August 04, 2014 09:39
    I bought my 2007 Tahoe LT used with 17,000 miles on it. I've had it for 6 years (currently at 61,000 miles) and the only problems I've encountered is the peeling of the chrome on the inside door handles, a slight jerk after I come to a complete stop at a red light or stop sign, and a sensor went out in the starter. I foungd out that there was a recall on the peeling of the chrome, so that was fixed for free. The jerking was because lube or gel had to be applied to the suspensions (???), and the sensor in the starter was covered under warranty. All these things happened last year and I haven't had any other problems (knock on wood). I make sure to keep up and have all the required services rendered to keep it's performance at perfection...running as smoothly as it is now. Overall, I love my truck!
    Visitor, Montgomery, AL, July 30, 2014 07:21
    All in all a very good vehicle, but I have had some items to deal with. The good thing is that it's never ridiculously expensive. Transmission went out at about 90K, put in a rebuilt trans for $700. I did have a serious engine problem (random misfire on 7 and 8 at idle) at 165K miles and after bad luck at another mechanic finally took it to dealership who "smoked" the intake and found a leak. They fixed it and runs like a charm, only set me back $380. Recently, I'm at 185K miles, have had to put in a starter, which was a somewhat easy self install and only cost for the part. But at 190K just lost the water pump and needed a rear main seal, both about $550 each to repair, so that hurt. Still repairs have been much cheaper than a new vehicle payment.
    Visitor, Thorn Hill, TN, February 04, 2014 05:08
    I bought this Tahoe with 73,000 miles on it about 6 years ago. It now has about 170,000 miles and the engine has done an excellent job. I have pulled 24' enclosed trailers with vintage cars with it in the mountains with no problem. The biggest issue is the transmission. I had it rebuilt first about 4 years ago after having the car only 2 years. Then last year I had to have it rebuilt again. It is currently acting like I am running on a rough road when it gets ready to shift from 3rd to OD. If I manually put it in 3rd the problem is not so bad but it looks like I have more transmission issues and need to take it to the shop again. Great car but terrible transmission! Gene
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, December 19, 2013 20:07
    I have an 2007 Tahoe and I had a transmission leak in 2012 and warranty paid for it. Now I have had to rebuild my transmission in 2013 (out of pocket) it has been sitting about 3 and a half months. Now I have a "oil pressure low stop engine" warning on, the gauge drops down to the red line. BUT my engine is not knocking, my truck is not over heating, I am not sure what the problem is. I don't want to have to pay anymore out of pocket. I also have airbag needs service warning on. I was told I could have several things going on. 1. Oil Sensor, 2. gasket, 3. Internal engine issues 4. engine needs replacing. If anyone has had one or more of my issues please advise me? If you may know what I can do to fix this please let me know.? It cost 400 to take apart to find out what the issue is, I have need told. I also been told I can do a engine flush to see if that could be it, but I read that is not a good thing to do.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
    Visitor, Torrance, CA, December 15, 2013 08:37
    I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe with 150,000 miles. I have been the only owner. When the car had 36,000 miles on it the dealer took the car for one month to rebuild the steering wheel because I had constant problems. They also gave me a new dashboard counsel. Since then I have had to replace the water hose, brakes, and differential...but I LOVE my car! It is a great car. It gets 16mpg on the street.
    rosiered85, Spanish Fork, UT, December 12, 2013 23:51
    I have a 95 2 door sport Tahoe ever since I bought the thing the rear end makes a humming noise if once I'm in over drive and its only when I press on the gas if I let off at all it stops but the sec I put pressure back on the gas even if it's very little is starts to hum again to me it sounds like it's coming from the rear diff nothing has ever gone wrong with it but it drives me nuts
    Jeff Wilson Phoenix AZ, Phoenix, AZ, October 01, 2013 11:24
     Technician
    Two things to consider when purchasing a 1996 Chevy Tahoe is; 1) make sure you only purchase one with rear A/C. An issue I learned the hard way! 2) Mine is a late 1995, putting it in the 96 model year but it still uses the OBD1 data connector which you can't buy an inexpensive code reader to pull the DTC's from the computer. It also still has the early 5.7L V8, the later V8's have much more power and get better gas mileage. The only other thing I don't like are the small brake rotors in the front leaving it lacking in stopping power somewhat. Other than that I have no problems with my Tahoe. I would recommend it to anyone and purchase another myself, just making sure to get one with rear A/C and the later V8.
    Visitor, Grand Forks, ND, September 12, 2013 12:45
    I just bought this truck and the check engine light came on yester day had it tested and they said it was the catalyti converter does a.y one know how much they cost hoping is something else
  • 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe
    Visitor, Anaheim, CA, June 05, 2013 22:20
    I have the same problem, when I turn off my 2007 Tahoe my air will start blowing what is that?
    Visitor, Fontana, CA, April 20, 2013 11:09
    Love my Tahoe! Only issue I have had was with the manufacturer wanting me to replace the camshaft out of pocket (defect!) three times!!! Second time was around 112,000 and they were not going to fix it because the warranty had expired, BUT because I had the almost same exact problem @ 98,000, they agreed it was a problem. Fixed, so I thought. I was told that the motor was being rebuilt. What a lie!!! At 126,000, the same thing happened again. Was not a happy camper. This time the manufacturer wanted me to foot the bill and purchase a new engine. Right!! Inherent problem and I have to pay for it? I did have to pay a deductible, but now that I'm at 129,000, I'm back to smooth sailing. Really happy that my engine get its first tune up and it was still a smooth ride before that. Oh, I'm fanatical on making sure routine maintenance is done. Belts have been replace, brakes have been services, tranny serviced every 50,000 miles, and tune up done.
    Visitor, Hoquiam, WA, April 13, 2013 22:47
    I have a 2005 chevy tahoe 120k miles and haven't had very many problems except that recently my fan/ac/defrosters started going full blast and they haven't turned off since. :( Now i have to use pliers to turn off my car and that makes me feel like a ghetto ass loser. I love my car but having to disconnect the battery is a pain.
    Visitor, Lucasville, OH, March 25, 2013 17:06
    We bought this tahoe in 04 with 24k on it , I have spent a crapload of money on this vehicle : in 06 had to replace plenum 960 $ , 09 the fwd module went out in the transfercase 1500$ have had 3 windshield pumps, rear main started leaking in 2010 , a/c compressor went 2011 heater module went 2012 had all this fixed 1800 $ total and now its making a very annoying noise like something is loose and chattering or fluttering under the hood only does it driving not when I rev it and not at idle could this be exhaust leak ?? Any ideas..... also forgot replaced an o2 sensor in all that and replaced plugs and wires it has 194k on it now and its also been coding knock sensor now is that hurting it by driving it
  • 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe
    Visitor, Cut Off, LA, June 29, 2012 18:51
    I have a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe XFE when the ignition is off the a/c fan will turn on high. It blows hot air. The front fan will blow then the rear fan will start blowing. This last for several minutes. I already had to replace my battery.
    Visitor, Disputanta, VA, May 21, 2012 07:20
    Bought our 2007 Tahoe new, has 132000 miles on it and the transmission went out. The trim in the Tahoe has not held up and we are very disappointed with the SUV. Will not buy another one.
    Visitor, Kensington, MD, March 09, 2012 22:05
    2001 Z71, bought it new, have 165,000 miles, love it best vehicle I've owned. Only one problem eats alternators, can't figure out why. Sometimes boils the battery too which causes acid to leak which eats the windshield washer pumps located below battery and those are not cheap. Battery wrapped in plastic so that problem fixed but alternators keep failing. Wish I could figure out why. Otherwise great vehicle, and about 18 mpg on the hiway and 15 towing a boat. Oh yeah have had the steering column clunkiness, just ignore now.
    Visitor, Portland, OR, January 06, 2012 14:42
    every time i let my tahoe sit over night or about 12 hours the battery is dead there is a slow drain we have changed the battery twice and i cant found where the problem is. but after we jump start it it starts and runs good . just cant figure it out
    Visitor, Hixson, TN, December 06, 2011 09:24
    Got a 2002 brand new..never had a problem till recently. catalytic converter is going out and sounds awful! Rear main seal was leaking.(Fixed it) Now my Tow/Haul switch is shorting out and going on and off in the middle driving and changing gears on me. Mlps Sensor out. Knock Sensor out also....Did you know you have to remove the top half of the engine to replace a $40 Knock sensor?(Ridiculous!) Labor for that is gonna be outrageous. 140,000 miles and I'm thinking about getting rid of this thing!!!
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, September 13, 2011 09:30
    We just purchased 2001 Tahoe 2 wd..in Feb of this year...now has 147,000 miles on it..Great vehicle..roomy, comfortable. I think GM could have come up with better cloth for the seats, though. Not holding up well. We also have 97 Chevy Z71 3 door p/u that hs 178,000 on it and the seats look like new..much better material.. a lot sturdier. Anyway, back to the Tahoe..just had small issues..irritating, but small..hd history of windshield washer pump leaking..dealership no help..finally fixed it ourselves. Did also have low idle/almost stalling issue..found out was build up in throttle body..cleaned it..runs like a champ. There is one last existing problem that puzzles us...the window on dash that shows the drive, neutral, park etc..flickers when lights are on..no other lights on panel affected..headlights not affected..weird..any ideas !
    Visitor, Los Altos, CA, August 17, 2011 00:14
    This is the best Car I have ever owened. I just replaced the Shocks
    Visitor, Wharton, NJ, August 07, 2011 10:04
    I have had this truck for many years, i must say this is the best i have owned the only problem is the paint. It has faded and chipped from the top of the truck, top of all doors, and the hood. i have tried to contact chevy but have gotten no response.if any one knows why please write back.
    Visitor, Anchorage, AK, July 22, 2011 20:37
    Great family SUV with a couple of exceptions. Have owned vehicle since 2004 and recently the rear view mirrors, driver and passenger will not adjust down using the inside controls. The second row seat belts do not recoil. The e-brake is completely out after I had rear brakes (Rotors/Pads) replaced. Before that they barely worked. The metel hook attached to metal wire that allows you to pull down second row seat has broke. Now you can't climb back to third row unless you manually pull on wire with great force. The running boards have a detachable top (Snap off/on) which collects tons of mud. Last, when there is heavy rain the roof leaks water, it comes in around the cargo rack which is not sealed correctly. Put on the brakes and there is a water fall on driver and passenger. Overall the engine, body, frame, suspension, and interior in terms of holding up to stains and spills are solid.
  • 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe
    SDRealtor, San Diego, CA, July 18, 2011 16:05
    I purchased this truck new at the end of 1997 in Kansas City fully loaded LT 5.7 Liter with Tow package. I have enjoyed it very much. I have replaced the radiator with a GM part at 70k due to a rock causing a leak. I have replaced the serpentine belt twice after full use. I have replaced the engine block after 200k miles due to a crack in the 5th with a refurbished one. I have maintained the oil changes every 3-5 with fully synthetic oil and I have had a O2 sensor go out a couple times replacing that...; currently I am having a master seal leaking slowly at 238k miles along the oil pan, and onto my driveway..ouch! Time to fix..LOL. I have only used BF Goodrich Long Trail tires for they have been dependable and long lasting, this is my 3rd set and ready for another. I have driven this SUV from KC to California to Monterey, CA, and back to San Diego, CA. The leather seats have been nice, yet get hot in the sun, and I have replaced the leather on the drivers seat only from normal wear getting in and out. No need for heated seats but very nice when needed. I just notice after 230k miles a crack in my dash, no biggy. I can easily move the rear seats forward for enough space for an aerobed to lay down in the back for camping...crack the windows and awesome sleeper with plenty of space for all the luggage in the front seats. I've towed boats, 5 motorcycles with an inclosed trailer to Monterey,CA for laguna Seca, along with 4 of us driving up, and fully loaded cabin....lol Great times! I've replaced the spark plugs and alternator three times over its lifetime now of 238,500miles. I just noticed that the paint on the roof is starting to weather, and I wax and clean regularly. Still looks detailed after I wax it, and degrease the engine...LOL the kids are ready for something new, yet can go to 500k..LOL
    Prestige Auto Works, Sacramento, CA, March 31, 2011 12:58
     Journeyman
    I have this 2000 Tahoe, mine's a Z71. It has about 190k miles and it's really an excellent vehicle for a family. Very roomy and comfortable. The leather is still in excellent condition. It has been regularly maintained. The dual air is nice to ensure comfort throughout this spacious SUV. We are just replace the a/c compressor and a fuel injector. The previous owner switched and put green coolant in, but we are converting it back to the original DEX-COOL (red) for Chevy's. These large SUV's corner a bit uncomfortably. Now I'm getting a little exhaust fumes when first starting.
    Visitor, Leander, TX, February 24, 2011 08:44
    I have had a sterring issue with this vehicle since 15K--it is a design defect according to the service person. They repaired it twice..now in for a third time, they are saying they never saw the vehicle--how convenient! Fortunately the corporate has a record of the visit! Champion Chevy in Austin Texas are criminals...don't trust them!!
    Visitor, Austin, TX, February 01, 2011 12:35
    I have a 1999 Tahoe Limited. It has a few issues every now and then, but overall it has been a great vehicle over the years. I bought it in 2002 with 50,000 miles on the motor. I didnt have any issues with this car for the first 7 years. Once the car hit 130,000 the problems that you hear about with the 1992-1999 chevy trucks starting popping up. In 2009, I replaced the fuel pump($700). Later that year, the lower intake gaskets lost their seal, and I had to replace those ($900). While the gaskets were only 12 bucks, the labor was too intensive to do myself and cost over $900 to finish. In 2010, the AC compressor locked up, which had to be replaced($850). Finally, last week the transmission grinded to a halt, which Im getting replaced today for a solid $2800. It has been a beast of a car the last couple years, but the 5.7l is such a solid engine I cant see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. My parents 1992 Suburban went 298,000 with all of the same problems that mine has had so far, so hopefully Ill get a reprieve for a while from the last two years. Only other issues were replacing power window motor and actuator on passenger drivers side. Did the work myself, so it only cost about $180.
    Visitor, Azusa, CA, December 23, 2010 10:03
    I bought this new in 2002. I have been impressed and disappointed at the same time. In the 8 1/2 years that I've own this car I've had to replace the transmission twice. The fist time I took it to the dealer and they replaced the broken disc. The second time I didn't trust the dealer so I took it to AAMCO. Both times were fixed under warranty... easily could have cost me well over $2,400. I had to fill my coolant continuously until I realize I had to replace the water pump because it had a leak.($160.00) My air condition doesn't work because the tension pulley broke twice ($110.00) every time I change the band it rips off. Both catalytic converters had to be replaced ($780.00 1 day repair). At the start of my vacation with my family in the middle of nowhere the fuel filter went out. I had to call AAA, wait 2 hours for them to arrive and have it towed 86 miles to the nearest repair shop. ($420 and 6 hours later) Needless to say that put a damper on our plans. Now the ABS Modular is out and my console is out. I can't read when I put it on P R N D 2 3, the speedometer, RPM, Oil Gauge nor the fuel gage are working... my wife took it to work thinking there was still gas because the gauge was reading half a tank full and it stalled on her on the freeway... fortunatley no cars plowed into here as she "again" waited for AAA. "I'm not happy!" all in all 2002 Chevy Tahoe... "PRICELESS"
    Visitor, Panama City, FL, December 15, 2010 09:53
    Bought this truck new and currently have 114k miles. It has been trouble free except for poor quality leatherette interior(replaced driver seat and armrest 2 times) A few a/c issues and a water pump failure (within first 10k miles) other than that the truck has held up well and is still working fine
    Visitor, Peculiar, MO, December 13, 2010 19:25
    overall good vehicle. I have 96,000 miles on it. Replaced door handles under warranty. Lights flicker at night sometimes. Had 4 wheel driver axle boot replaced and drive line front and rear bushings replaced. I have spent about 450 dollers in repairs not counting tires and oil cahnge on this vehicle so not bad I dont think
  • 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
    Visitor, Killeen, TX, December 05, 2010 11:52
    great suv can't beat it
    Visitor, Colorado Springs, CO, November 27, 2010 15:08
    We bought a 1996 Tahoe from "Ferguson" in Colorado Springs. The vehicle was supposedly checked with their quality checks. 2 weeks later the Transmission went out. Took it back a to the dealer but since it was used and no warranty, they wanted 1500 to fix it. The trans fluid was totally burned. They charge 200 fee to check and clean but that's just pure profit. The check engine light has been on 100 times. Oxygen sensors keep going out. Front brake rotors keep warping the daytime running lights quit now I have a leak on the engine. {antifreeze} Bought it at 30000 and now got 130000 and crap still just keeps braking. 4000 pounds of junk and a gas sucker to boot. They has been more wrong than right. I have a 1988 Honda Accord with virtually no problems. Oh yea and the Tahoe had to have the hood and half the top painted as it faded from a crap paint job. Never again a Chevrolet.
    eaglehawk, Milwaukee, WI, November 17, 2010 06:31
    We bought this Tahoe brand new in 1996, we now have 299,000 miles on it. It still has the original motor, transmission and differential. No major mechanical problems. We do a lot of camping, so it has been towing a lot, only real complaint is the fuel pump, I'm on the 5th one. That 5.7l is a great motor, that's probably why they took it off the market. I now have a GMC Sierra with a 6.0l for towing the camper, but I still drive the Tahoe all over the place.
    keithsplace, Louisville, KY, November 07, 2010 07:41
    I purchased a few months ago used from a dealer I found it on internet. Was the salesmans's sister inlaws Tahoe. Great deal, I stole it I think. Took it to my mechanic and looked it over and he said. Can you fine me one WOW it's nice. Only thing I have done other than change oil is stick a K&N air filter in it. Tons of power, and runs like a top. Loaded, not a Z71 but every other option available 4X4, DVD, Wireless headphones, Bose Premium sound, and removeable rear seats.. the reason.. It's our gig truck, hauling around sound equipment in the rear and pulling 10' trailer full of gear to music gigs. LOVE IT!
    Visitor, Williamsburg, VA, October 08, 2010 10:09
    We purchased this Tahoe in 2005 with 14 miles on it. Since then we have put 1000's into it for bad seals, windshield wiper motor, transmission and many others things that needed replaced. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. We have put more money in to this peice of junk than it is worth. I will never buy another Chevrolet product ever.
    Visitor, Lexington, KY, September 11, 2010 15:03
    I purchased this car new and has been the best vehicle we have ever owned. Great for long trips and just going to work. I have 84,000 miles and hope to put another 84,000 on.
    Visitor, Friendswood, TX, September 08, 2010 06:46
    2004 Tahoe, love this truck. Had one problem with road noise, not tires, wheel bearings. Great truck, looks good all the time. MHolt Friendswood Tx
    Visitor, Huntington Beach, CA, September 06, 2010 04:19
    Have not had any problems with this truck!!! It's been awesome. I have over 120,000 miles on it, still factory brakes!!! Changing the fuilds and new tires are the only thing that has been done. I love this truck!!! Drives like new!!!
    ChevyMaster, Augusta, GA, August 31, 2010 15:29
    Got it in 2001. It's had a few problems but handles like a dream. Only problems I've had were lifter problems, rotor problems and a bad fuel pump. other than that, all origional parts and body's in good shape! I LOVE THIS TRUCK. Anyone who says GM sucks can suck it.
    Visitor, Parsons, KS, August 24, 2010 07:19
    I bought my Z71 used - and i do regular tune ups. I LOVE IT!! Even if its mpg is low, I wouldnt trade it :)
    Visitor, Austin, TX, August 19, 2010 17:58
    Bought her new in 01 and it has 243k miles on her and still is an awesome truck. It had the spark plugs, brakes replaced once and the compressor replaced once and both done about 10k miles ago. It just recently had a rear main seal leak but other than that she is still running just as strong as it was when I first bought her.
    Visitor, Douglasville, GA, August 09, 2010 14:31
    I purchased a 5.3 L 2 WD LT model with approx 12k miles...it now has 416,000 with orginal drive train. water pump, power sterring and alternator are the only replacements beyond normal maintenence. replaced the original spark plugs at 285, 000 miles and it did not make much difference! I don't even believe it out of a GM vehicle, but glad this one was mine
    Visitor, Jacksonville, NC, August 07, 2010 09:20
    I have 397,682 Miles on my Tahoe she rarely lets me down
    Visitor, Antioch, CA, July 21, 2010 00:02
    I bought this new and it has 189,000 miles minor issues except for Cataylitic converter went out twice. Other than that it has been a great truck!
    Visitor, Redondo Beach, CA, July 06, 2010 13:15
    2007 TAHOE bought it brand new! Interior and Exterior elements have been falling apart since we bought the truck! Trim around the windows pops off. Interior is already cracking. Brakes had to be replaced within the 1st 6 months. Reluctantly Chevy paid for them. Brakes suddenly started grinding, ended up having to replace the rotors. Not to mention their is oil in the brake line! And....the master cylinder needs to be replaced. Very disappointed in Chevy. We have never like this vehicle!
    Visitor, Cleveland, TX, June 23, 2010 15:25
    Neede New Transmission at 190000 miles. New Fuel injector pump(Spider) at 175000 miles
    Visitor, Diamond Bar, CA, June 23, 2010 10:15
    Bought my 2005 in late 2005 with 15K miles...now has over 90K and still on the original front brakes! Third stop light blew but found after market. Water pump went out at 75K. other than that...love this truck!
    Visitor, Buffalo, NY, June 06, 2010 10:45
    I have owned a 1995 Chevy Tahoe Since the 4 doors came out I purchased the 1st one the dealer ever had. It currently has 315,000 original miles on the engine, Transmission, rear springs rear differential, Transfer case, none have ever been rebuilt, I have always driven this vehicle at high speeds and off road quite often, I have towed many times and moved myself family and friends, probably more than 50 times. I have pulled Snow plow trucks out of ditches, rescued people in snow storms, and dragged payloaders out of mud. I have thoroughly used abuse this vehicle and it has never failed me! Only yesterday, the transmission went on it. This is the only American vehicle I have ever owned And never plan on getting rid of it.
    Visitor, Fresno, CA, April 07, 2010 13:13
    One FABULOUS vehicle. Best vehicle I have purchased, internationally. The later models no longer have a front bench option - BIG MISTAKE! I purchased this vehicle for that very reason. This model just goes and goes. Love driving it; my car is always the "vehicle of choice for trips;" our people and animals love riding in it. CHEVROLET - rethink your entire business plan, make more Tahoe's, reintroduce the front bench option, and you will certainly increase your profit margin in due course.
    Visitor, Raleigh, NC, April 02, 2010 20:33
    Great vehicle. Just have a problem with a rattle in the DS front power seat.
    airborneleads, Hollywood, FL, March 16, 2010 22:15
    tank in disguise if u treat it right and keep up with basic maintanance, paint faded on the hood, and at 113000 miles i only replaced the blower motor resistor, brakes, front right hub bearing(not enough $ to replace the other one) and a hanger bushing on the rear that holds the exhaust pipe in place, it gave me a code for knock sensors but it went away after a few days (i think it was poor quality gas) besides that it took me from jersey to key west 2ice no issues and i drive it daily!
    Marinesfamily5, Jacksonville, NC, February 20, 2010 09:53
    At only 30K miles we had to have Tranny rebuilt, a year later and its going out AGAIN! Numerous battery/electrical problems.. I took to dealer while under warranty and requested they check my chargig system and all that out, well all they did was give me a new battery and tell me all was fine. Well it wasn't and now that it is no longer under the 36K mile warranty it will be my $ to get the alternator replaced and hope that solves our problems. (we put a red top Optima in it and still have problems). Additionally we had to have all the interior door handles replaced. The chrome plastic covering peels off and feels like little razors when you open your door. A year later ... they are peelig again but yup , you probably guessed , we have to pay for the replacement. The brakes also squeal like crazy, even after they were replaced and we put stop squeak on them. GM is totally unhelpful. They know the truck has problmes with batteries and transmission but they leave us owners out in the cold. We traded out 99 Durango to get this truck so I would have something more reliable... BIG MISTAKE. We are now going to try and trade the Tahoe in for another Durago.
  • 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe
    robnor87, Margaret, AL, February 05, 2010 22:02
    Great vehicle. Purchased to use for hunting. Has been very dependable.
    TAHOEJOE33, Antelope, CA, October 16, 2009 21:55
    you can tell i love my 95 tahoe hence the name tahoejoe lol. bought mine used with 50k. now at 152k she is still going strong. no major problems. drove her from georgia to california with no problems. the body is great. its big and roomy. i feel safe when i'm driving her. the greatest product to leave GM's vault. love it.
  • 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe
    stephenephelpsjr, Spring Valley, NY, September 22, 2009 10:52
    Transmission and 4-wheel drive both had to be rebuilt at less than 60,000 miles; EVERYONE assures me that this is most unusual for these cars -- but that's not much of a comfort. Upper rear (center) taillight failed early and is ridiculously expensive to replace. Rear window washer freezes at the first hint of cold weather and stays that way for the duration. Interior fit and finish only fair -- loose clip-anchors for sun visors, flimsy plastic covers on various parts and openings, etc. Otherwise a very nice car: very fast, handles well for its size and configuration, and supremely comfortable -- even on the longest trip it's easy to remain alert and you arrive relaxed and unbent.
    macman1234, Ringoes, NJ, July 08, 2009 06:11
    Over 100k on the clock and still running strong. Brake wear & rotor replacements are the only issues over the years. The truck is a keeper!
    72SS427, Douglasville, GA, January 19, 2009 06:55
    2001 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L 2wd 347,500 miles maintenence and repairs: alternator power steering pump water pump at 347,000 10w30 mobil synthetic oil leaking oil at rear main seal but that is fairly common at this mileage.. brake issue: rear brakes were wearing out every 30,000 miles initially..chevy has a fix for this if you ask you local chevy parts guy ORIGINAL PLUGS going to change soon but gas mileage is consistent, runs smooth until throttle body gets carbon buildup around valve plate which is easily cleaned with throttle body/carb cleaner.. best vehicle I have ever owned and driven over 140,000 miles
    Troy B, Rogers, MN, October 26, 2008 20:07
    All I do is chainge the oil and put gas in the tank at 132k miles
    Russ, Oakland, CA, October 03, 2008 14:12
    Don't drive with the parking brake on by mistake, even for a short time or the parking brake shoes will need to be replaced. one other major proplem area is the fuel pump - it may leave you stranded! Very nice vechile otherwise. You can carry or tow just about anything.
    Rande, Sylvania, OH, August 22, 2008 18:23
    We have owned this vehicle since 2005 with only two problems: 1. transmission needed to be rebuilt and 2. front upper and lower ball joints and control arms. Otherwise this has been an extraordinary vehicle.