Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid
- At low speeds the hybrid engine sometimes has a hiccup and dies? What to do?
- my hybrid does not start occasionally the service transaction panel comes up
- Where can I buy light covers located on the side of the tahoe?
- Service Hybrid System keeps popping up after driving for a bit
- Air conditioning is weak in blowing cold air.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.transmission to the generator control module may become damaged from rubbing on the "pinch weld" at the base of the firewall. Our technicians tell us that the cables must be replaced and proper clearance must be assured after the new cables are installed.
The keyless entry system may stop working. Our technicians tell us the key fobs and keyless entry receiver may need to be replaced to correct this fault.
Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Questions
Air is cold, but not coming out of the vents very strong. Inconsistent flow.
How often should the oil be changed. I have heard at 3,500 and then at 5,000 an oil change/tire rotation and inspection and have also heard, just wait until you have little "oil life remaining."
How often should the tires be rotated?
Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Recalls
All late model vehicles are equipped with a "Shift interlock" system that prevents vehicles with and automatic transmission from being shifted out of the Park position under certain conditions. Some of these vehicles are being recalled because they may have been assembled with a broken park lock cable or a malformed steering column lock actuator gear. Failure of these components can allow the shifter to be moved out of the Park position with the ignition key removed or in the off position. This can cause the vehicle to roll away unexpectedly increasing the risk of injury or a crash. Dealers will inspect the recalled vehicles and replace the steering column as necessary.
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The RTV seal on the fuel system control modules may allow water to enter into the module. Water in the module can cause a short, which may cause hard starting, a crank-no start condition, or stalling, and the Service Engine Soon light may come on. If the engine stalls unexpectedly, there is an increased risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the fuel system control module free of charge. The recall began on May 18, 2009. The GM recall number is 08411.
Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Reviews
Very pleased with the Tahoe Hybrid. Have had it about 17 months and have had no problems. I have had one recall that did take longer than expected because the dealership was not real familiar with hybrids. I get about 20.6 mpg on mine. That is with a fair amount of high speed highway driving which pulls down the average a good deal. In town, I estimate close to the 22 mpg they report. Thi...