Reviews for Chevrolet Silverado 1500 years:

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet Silverado 1500Owner Reviews (59 reviews)
  • 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Visitor, Westbury, NY, December 23, 2014 01:07
    Love the truck this is my daily driver has on star with LTZ model ventilated seats and navigation. Silverado rides like a Escalade the 5.3L engine is powerful dash screen convenient with all options the fabrics are nice love the style. This truck was bought in January 2014 no problems at 39,090 miles taking into shop on oil changes. I have leased vehicles but glad I financed my Silverado a great truck ever.
    Visitor, Cape Coral, FL, October 28, 2014 08:32
    My truck is a crew cab,short bed 4wd 5.3 Z engine.I bought this truck in late 2010 from original owner with 22k on odometer.Like the truck very much, wish it had disc brakes on rear.I don't understand why GM does that.Heater controls are difficult to use, if you want just fresh air it puts airflow on floor only.It has nice stereo and speakers with overhead rear tv screen.
    Visitor, Southfield, MI, August 28, 2014 04:24
    Poor reliability could say more other than go buy something else!
    zevette, Ludlow, MA, April 11, 2014 11:26
    After every start, the exterior temp display is on for two to three minutes. Then it starts flashing and turns off. What should I look at. The sensor in front of radiator is new. It's also the second one.
    Visitor, Saint Martinville, LA, March 11, 2014 17:32
    Had problems with the gauges stop working received a letter about a recall toke truck in a was told that the mileage was to high and the recall did not apply now the oil filter keeps popping off. What does a person to do now. It seems that nothing is ever GM's problems anymore
    connorl478, Deatsville, AL, March 02, 2014 19:43
    My 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 regular cab 4.3 V6 still running strong. 195808 miles on it. Was abused by my dad's workers while it was a work truck for Davey Tree. Those idiots even burnt up the engine too. Rebuilt it and now care for it like it should be cared for. Transmission still shifts like new. Brakes are great. Makes my dad's 2011 F250 look like nothing. Best truck I've ever used and owned.
  • 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Visitor, Loveland, OH, January 09, 2014 06:32
    Purchased 10/31/2012 a 2013 Silverado dual cab. Having problems with wind up windows since day one. Ben back to two dealers multiple times. Dealers still have no fixed the problem. Windows are almost impossible to wind up. My wife has to stop the vehicle, get out of the truck, and wind up the windows. Have had problem with drive train, it was not luberacated properly by the manufacture, made loud noise when shifting. Oil leek right out of the box. Poor gas mileage for six cylinders: Average between 12mpg and 13mpg. Manual does not tell you how to reset when rotating tires.
    K-man Chevy Truck, Mokelumne Hill, CA, December 22, 2013 14:17
    My 2005 Silverado 1500 Z-71 LT 4 x 4 has got to be one of the best trucks ever made. I hope I don't kick myself in the ass by posting this and then everything goes south, but i have to say this. I have never pulled a spark plug. I have never taken a wire off of a plug. I bought it brand new in January of 2005 and still have the original plugs and wires. I have only used Mobil 1 synthetic since my first oil change and replace oil/filter every 3500-5000 miles. I know there are people out there saying that's wasting money changing the oil too frequently, but I would do it the exact same way if i was to buy another. I've got 270,000+ miles on the truck and a lot of those were doing some crazy stuff. I hauled all of the soil for my garden from the valley below day after day by just filling the box 'til she squatted too much. I ran demo derby cars and hauled them around. I pulled a loaded 27' travel trailer off the stock bumper up to Yosemite more than 20 times. Same trailer over the Altamont and San Luis Reservoir Pass. I moved a couple 10' x 16' buildings in the mud and then a few miles down the road. I've helped numerous stranded motorists in the snow and used it as a dead man or pull vehicle falling huge trees. I've hauled over a 100 cords of wood with it. I've been buried in mud up the the bottom of the doors with the exhaust barely getting out. I pulled 5-7 ton rock and sand trailers locally. I've also been very comfortable the whole while. I love my truck more than a person should. I've asked it to do a lot over the years and it has never let me down. I wish I knew more people that I could say the same about. My buddy has an '07 though...beautiful truck, but tons of issues. The only thing i would probably have done differently is that i would have opted for the crew cab vs. the extended, but that's it. Anybody else out there had a similar experience with spark plugs and wires....stock AC/Delco never touched, cleaned, pulled,...nothing ....250,000+ miles! Seriously! What's the record?
    Visitor, Briggsdale, CO, September 16, 2013 00:29
    I have a 2002 Chevy 1500 LT Z71 with 242,000 miles and still runs perfect. I have kept up with general maintance and have replaced and fixed a few minor things...fuel pump, altenator etc. Still the stock engine and tranny and I couldn't be happier then how this truck has lasted. I still put on almost 500 miles a week on it, granted all highway and no hot rodding it this truck has never ler me down. Even with the high miles I would drive this truck cross country in a heart beat without thinking twice about it.
    Visitor, Norfolk, VA, July 28, 2013 18:16
    Truck has 203k miles. Just replace my rocker panels and cab corners. Drives great, but auto trans shifts hard from 1 to 2. and fuel gauge is erratic, and air conditioner will not hold pressure. overall a good old truck.
    Visitor, York, PA, February 20, 2013 06:44
    2006 Crew Cab Silverado- Bought used in 2010 with 32K original miles. At my 1st inspection (Pa. has annual inspection requirements)needed new brake lining. Didn't get the inspection from the dealer, rather my trustworthy local mechanic.Original lining was rusted & pitted terribly. I inquired & researched to find Chevy was/is aware they used inferior materials & I actually recouped some of the replacement cost. Now I'm experiencing similar situation with brake fluid tubing rusting out. Replaced one last month & just dropped the truck off for another.My mechanic is recommending replacing the remaining tubes.Anyone know of any trends where the tubes are rusting out on others? Anyone know of a good web site that collects autombile defect trends, not advertized as recalls, but if challenged, Mfg ackowledges the defect & provides some type of relief?
    Visitor, Catskill, NY, January 26, 2013 14:57
    i have an 2004 chevy silverado 1500 2wd 4.3 the truck has 182,000 and i have never had a problem until now. i was driving and i was at a red light and i punched on the gas and 10 secondes later the trucks shuts of and i pull over try startin it and it wont start so i waited 5 mins it started but the light came on what could that be? i went to advance auto zone and car quest they put it on the computer and it read code p0016 crankshaft position senior and cam sensor so i replaced them and the light still not staying off what can that be?
  • 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Visitor, Riverton, IL, December 06, 2012 14:18
    i have an extended 1500 (2012) vibration between 65 and 75 mph chevy says is is characteristic of truck...any body else have this problem?? dealer has done all that he can...chevy wants me to live with it for free oil changes until they can fix..any ideas??
    Visitor, Decatur, GA, November 26, 2012 14:58
    My name is sims and my problem is that my 2007 chevy 1500 is making a ticking noise and its stops for a few days and starts over again. I'm really try to reach out to the gm company so that they may tell myself and others that this is a recall issue. My email is sims.jinks@yahoo.com its time to end this problem.
    Visitor, Indialantic, FL, October 31, 2012 16:16
    Iam very happy with my Silverado and with the southern comfort package it looks as stunning as iy runs. I have 90,000 miles on it and I have only had one issue with it and that is the switch for the four wheel drive. The fuel milage I get just blows away any other truck out there, I average 19.8 mpg on the highway and 17.8 mpg in the city. It is such a pleasure to drive.
    Visitor, Thibodaux, LA, October 30, 2012 08:44
    This is the best truck I have ever owned, 2003 SS with 191,518 miles and I'm now about to spend 2,000.00 in preventive maintenance just to be sure I can continue for another ten years!!!! I have always changed fluids when recommended and brake pads, thats it. The paint job is loosing its clear coat because I left it in the sun to long, other than that every single component work just fine however I don't abuse the truck but I do like to clean out the carbon every so often!
    Visitor, Milo, ME, October 27, 2012 12:44
    my 06 silverado has 100,000 miles and it always seems like i have 2 step on it and kick it down constantly. The check engine lite is not on and i have plenty of fuel pressure and converters are not plugged. the garage said there is nothing wrong,but i think there is. It is a 4.8L 4 door. has any1 had this happen,i cant stand to drive it
    cridersam, Oberlin, OH, October 17, 2012 19:10
    183,000 miles and still runs great. Only problem so far was the abs brake mod. Good solid body still with only little rust on pass side rocker. Best part is no payment for on 9 years now!
    Visitor, Kanopolis, KS, July 05, 2012 11:54
    2007 Crew LTZ 4x4, 5.3L, Overall I really like this truck, but if I hadn't had the 100K warranty I would have had to pay for a new transmission that failed at 62K. Otherwise, engine uses some oil (2 qrts every 3500) and the dealer has been working with me to figure it out (I'm at 110K now, but prob was diagnosed w/92K). So even though I like the truck it is not without issues, gas mileage poor, and occassional static in stereo system from the rear speakers only. I will buy again though providing dealer comes thru on engine repair. My 2004 crew was probably a little better truck.
    Visitor, Three Rivers, MA, May 24, 2012 11:11
    I have a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab...Love this truck....I need to replace the driveshaft because of an incident that my grandmother did, She got hung up on a boulder and dented the driveshaft....But other than that, I love this truck
    Visitor, Elkton, KY, March 10, 2012 06:25
    I need to know how to find the location of an In Cab Filter on my Chevy P. U. Fan blows hard, air is restricted from vents.
    Visitor, Baton Rouge, LA, February 03, 2012 20:40
    have an06 silverado. change fuel pump and my fuel gauge is not working
    Visitor, Troutdale, OR, January 10, 2012 16:03
    I have a 2002 silverado PU extended cab 1500 with the 327 engine , it has nearly 200,000 miles on it , All I have ever done to it is 1 brake job, one fuel pump, one new set of tires, and one the the gears in the tranny went bad. Other then that it still looks like new and drives smooth and has a lot of power. I love it ! best vehicle I have ever owned
    Visitor, Palm Coast, FL, December 12, 2011 13:45
    My 2003 silverado has been the worst vehicle I have owned. I had a 1993 and it was great, got 250,000 miles before engine went out on it shouaced of dropped a new engine in it instead of buying yhe 2003 model. Replaced brakes recently had to replace all four because of a recall on the brake system. Speedometer stopped working at about 100,000 miles, $600 dollars to fix. Fuel pump replaced $1000 dollars, bottom gasket on engine quote to replace $600 dollars. Now you now what I meant when I say worst truck or car I have ever had.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Visitor, Newbern, TN, November 21, 2011 09:39
    I have a 2004 silverado z71 crew cab very nice, good mileage, engine and tranny runs strong , quiet, plenty of power.EVEN WITH 210,000 MILES!! Only prob i have with it is noise in steering, and first four speeds of a/c out. Other than that great truck!
    Visitor, Gulf Breeze, FL, August 03, 2011 18:36
    A great truck, but all the chevy truck I've have owned have been great.1500 crew cab rides well, very roomy, 16 mpg, tows well 8600 lbs trailer to the mountains. Plenty power for the take off on just moving a long in traffic. The brakes are the best. one day at 60mph had to make an emergency stop 40 feet till impact, She stoped three feet before impact and saved the day and lives. Great antlock brake system. A big thanks to Chevrolet safty team. The coldest ac ever in 100 degree weather.I wood recommend this 2005 crew cab to anyone. YES TO CHEVY ANY DAY!!!!
    BigReox7, Fishers, IN, February 21, 2011 18:52
    I have a 2007 1500 new style body. I have had it for 2years and there are 45k miles on it. I have had no problems. I would recommend it to anyone. I am about to trade it in though because I drive a lot for my job and I have to have something with better MPG. I will miss it though :(
    Visitor, Glendale, AZ, February 12, 2011 21:00
    heater blows cold air
    dtnarmy1, Flower Mound, TX, December 10, 2010 06:51
    Front Suspention needs work, but drives well.
    johnschaffer, Lenexa, KS, December 10, 2010 06:51
    This is one of the nicest vehicles I've ever owned. If you want a nice, versatile truck that can pull, haul, drive nice, and look good, than the Chevy Silverado is built for you.
  • 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Visitor, Lapeer, MI, December 10, 2010 06:50
    New crew cab truck (only 5k), so far, great. Just drove 2,000 miles in 3 days. Everything worked just fine. Comfy leather seating and 5.3l made the miles just roll along. Quiet and strong. Got even 19 mpg on trip, according to DIC.
    Visitor, Pottstown, PA, November 03, 2010 11:06
    No big compliants except for the fan for my heater had to be repalced. The truck was abou 2 yeats old. Also, now I am having problems with the heating system. I googled the problem and it seems like over 240 people have had the same issue about the heat working on one side and not the other. Still have to resolve it because the problem could cost over 1000 dollars
    shiver2, Reedsport, OR, September 10, 2010 22:18
    purchased new in nov.99 have only 40k miles but have not had a single issue with the truck , have up many up grades that have made it a very powerfull 5.3 4x4 impressive truck all around , just havent come out with a better body style to upgrade truck !
    Visitor, New Smyrna Beach, FL, August 26, 2010 13:37
    At 70,000 bad vibration when braking. Replaced front rotors and pads, vibration or pulsing is worse. Have not had ABS problems, truck was used in New England towing snowmobiles. I will now tackle the rear braking system, ie, rotors and pads. I wish I knew how to yell if the front calipers are bad and causing the pulsing.
    Visitor, Knox, PA, August 10, 2010 13:10
    My 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 officially has 204,400 miles on it! And the transmission finally gave... putting in a used one and expect to get many more miles out of her! Great Truck!
  • 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    JaimeeLynn78, Idabel, OK, July 19, 2010 08:36
    My Front passenger door lock mechanism had to be replaced. It stopped working altogether. Other than that, it is an Awesome truck!! I Love It!!
  • 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    joemacivor, Jacksonville, FL, July 10, 2010 12:32
    Great vehicle,, 106,000 Miles
    Visitor, Southaven, MS, July 08, 2010 14:32
    Problem with suspension vibration/frame beaming and loose steering, and audio speakers are bad. Otherwise, this is a solid truck.
    Visitor, Tipp City, OH, May 19, 2010 14:35
    Overall very pleased with my 2007 Classic 1500. Now at 84,000 miles. Only a few complaints. The front brake rotors warped bad at 40,000 and now I think i have a bad abs sensor on the right front. Loud vibration at 45 mph. for the guy who has a rattle in his dash, i found the plastic housing on the outside defrost panel vibrates at above 50 mph. siliconed it down (screws on it seem useless), rattle went away
    khagy, Ivanhoe, VA, May 16, 2010 13:56
    Just bought the truck so far i love it great truck
    Visitor, Franklin, OH, April 23, 2010 05:32
    love love love my truck
    Visitor, Old Town, ME, April 05, 2010 10:34
    Big step up from my ford ranger! great fuel miliage, done a few modifications but on the highway i can get upwords to 21 mpg
    Visitor, Union City, MI, March 28, 2010 16:44
    I have the GMC version of this,they are exactly the same truck except for trim, I know,because I watched them go down the line for 22 years at Ft.Wayne truck Assy. plant. I love this truck it has not been any trouble at all, I replaced the rear brakes at 84,000 miles and that is all I've done to it. When I wax it people have asked if it is only a couple years old, it is now 7 years old and I will keep it till it quits and then fix it,even if it needs a new engine at 250k miles. I will leave this truck to my son.
    sb219, Hancock, MI, March 17, 2010 20:09
    The only problems I have had are rear brakes and a front anti lock sensor recall. It get descent gas mileage at 18 to 20 MPG. Tows an older 25 ft camping trailer with no problem. Hauls a full load of fresh cut hardwood with ease. Rides comfortably, low interior noise. Rear seat is comfortable enough for short to mid distant trips, not long ones unless you take more brakes.
    jacob832, Sacramento, CA, March 16, 2010 11:44
    this truck has been awesome standard cab and lowered. Has never needed brakes for over 15ok miles. The only problems I have had with it is with the suspension because it is lowered!
    DougsTruck, Midlothian, VA, March 10, 2010 12:38
    This is a great truck overall. Mine is on the highway all the time, probably not the best place for it. Mileage poor when new, but slowly got better until I replaced the tires and it went down again. I suspect new tires hurt the mileage. I was getting close to 21 on the highway. Added the buttons to get the DIC data. Simple to do, don't let the dealer charge you for this, great upgrade for less than 100 bucks. Takes all of 14 seconds to do. At about 80k, the rear end would kick and squawk when coming to a stop, at a stop or just letting off the brake to go. Had to have the drive-shaft spline re-greased but that did seem to fix it. We'll see. There is some sort of a vibration in the dash, I can't seem to put my finger on. Typical Chevy vibration but annoying none the less. Hour meter reset itself at some point. Now only showing 400 hours. (with 84,000 miles, that would mean I drive at 210mph. I dont guess this is worth complaining about because they could only guess anyway. Can't complain got 83,000 miles on the OEM tires and front brakes. I change the oil about every 11k per the oil life monitor and rotate the tires every 6-7k. If I was going to build this truck, I would, as silly as it seems, paint the insides of the rear wheel well black to match the front. It looks sort of goofy. Added DIC mod, tilting bed tonneu, and locking tailgate handle. Installed laptop mount in front and wi-fi. Again, overall a good truck. I think I'll keep it when it's time for a new work car.
    urah, Corvallis, OR, February 23, 2010 21:12
    Bought my 2000 new & have hauled many loads up & down the Alaska-Canada Highway (2400 mi, one way), loaded to the limit (usually beyond) and pulling a grossly overloaded trailer. 200000 miles now: 1 clutch (well earned), 1 fuel pump, ball joints & front wheel bearings @ 150000 mi. (All well earned), 1 set rear brake pads (I am still using the ORIGINAL FRONT BRAKE PADS! 30% (I don't tailgate). LOVE THIS TRUCK, it's been my best friend on many a cold morning. urah.
  • 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Mark55, Royal Oak, MI, November 24, 2009 05:45
    Great truck! Average mileage on a 5000 mile western camping trip with the truck loaded with gear and 4 passengers was 19.1 MPG.
    SmlBlk-327, Cedar Rapids, IA, November 23, 2009 16:35
    I purchased the truck in 2009 with 112,000 mi. I had checked the Carfax before purchase and I was the 4th owner. The truck is very sound with just some minor rust in the usual spots. Engine and drive train are strong and overall the truck rides, feels, and looks new. The only problem I have had was the OEM Fog lights didn't work Solid as Rock!!
    chrismcdad, Beverly Hills, CA, November 02, 2009 13:13
    Extremely well maintained by my company - driven respectably - spent more in maintenance than it was worth. CONS: Endless problems with brakes as well as spongy feel (like my 86 Suburban); front D.S. wheel bearings and axle; so-so economy even when driving like a grandpa. PROS: rides like a car, engine itself is very good, auto-4wd is seamless when the front wheel bearings aren't failing.
    cribfish, Vancouver, WA, June 29, 2009 21:22
    I purchased this truck new and only have 16,000 miles on it. It handles and rides great. The LTZ options, especially the power folding mirrors really make this truck nice. The only problem has been the power seat on the drivers side works interminttently. The one thing I don't like about this truck is the slow steering responce when backing up a boat trailer.
    racerj61, Westwood, NJ, June 22, 2009 20:07
    5.3 Engine tap when first starting since new. Dealer "claimed" cam and lifters replaced. 7 years later, same tap from 1 lifter.Also when new, fuel sender faulty and CD did not operate correctly and "Low Fuel" signal never came on. Cluster, fuel module and radio replaced. Replaced intermediate steering shaft 3 times for clunking left turns over bumps and sqeaking. Fog lamps fill with water and 1 lens fell off. Front rotors pitted on inside surface causing a grind while braking at 20k. Just replaced left front hub (65K) Squeak when releasing brake pedal (in booster). Not the best truck but can't complain. It was a gift.
    changoparati, Lancaster, CA, June 16, 2009 16:01
    This Z-71 Silverado is by far the nicest truck I've ever owned and rides like a car but hauls around everything I've needed to for the construction business (within reason) other than normal maintenance I havent had to do a thing to it except replace fuel pump at 210,000 and the transfer case because I never put it in 4wd to lube it as i should have
    mrvnbama, Groton, CT, May 17, 2009 18:21
    just a great all around truck!
    Dasco, Little Mountain, SC, April 10, 2009 08:52
    Only real issues have been: - 17.5 Highway MPG - Headlights dim when windows are operated - Transmission "Clunks" from 1st to 2nd when the vehicle has been slowed down and then speeding back up; like when you hit a traffic jamb coming off the highway and then on the off-ramp you are starting to accelerate again.
    nonenone, Stevensville, MD, April 06, 2009 07:31
    Has been a very good truck. Only repairs have been normal maintence items.
    tincups, Minneapolis, MN, February 27, 2009 05:30
     Technician
    Very good truck! A few problems but nothing major.
    oldslady, Fostoria, OH, October 16, 2008 17:05
    Nice truck-very good ride-looks good-
    stiff, Owosso, MI, October 08, 2008 04:02