Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 4L50E transmission. Which control solenoid is the 1-2? With or without spring?
- truck idling high and hear air in motor what could I check to find the problem?
- What if my truck still wont start afther I did the key on for ten min so a total of 30 min and it still didn't start
- headlights started to cut in and out when i would tilt the steering wheel
- What if I tried to reset it by doing the 10min thing and still wont start
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
was running fine ,has 111000mi on it i parked for three days now it wont fire up
do not know code what relationship to eng light is themostat I dont add any coolent .
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls
All late model vehicles are equipped with a "Shift interlock" system that prevents vehicles with and automatic transmission from being shifted out of the Park position under certain conditions. Some of these vehicles are being recalled because they may have been assembled with a broken park lock cable or a malformed steering column lock actuator gear. Failure of these components can allow the shifter to be moved out of the Park position with the ignition key removed or in the off position. This can cause the vehicle to roll away unexpectedly increasing the risk of injury or a crash. Dealers will inspect the recalled vehicles and replace the steering column as necessary.
The intermediate steering shaft attaching bolts may not have been tightened to the proper specification. This could allow the steering shaft to separate. The driver could experience a loss of steering ability, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and ensure the intermediate steering shaft bolts are tightened to the proper specification. This recall is expected to begin on July 13, 2011. The General Motors recall number is 11191.
The rear axle cross pin may break. The cross pin is an internal component of the rear differential, which is housed in the rear axle assembly. If the cross pin breaks, the rear axle may lock, which could result in loss of control and a crash. Dealers will install a new rear axle cross pin to correct this concern. This recall should begin no later than January 25, 2011. The General Motors number for this recall is 10426A.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews
i have an extended 1500 (2012) vibration between 65 and 75 mph chevy says is is characteristic of truck...any body else have this problem?? dealer has done all that he can...chevy wants me to live with it for free oil changes until they can fix..any ideas??
I need to know how to find the location of an In Cab Filter on my Chevy P. U. Fan blows hard, air is restricted from vents.
New crew cab truck (only 5k), so far, great. Just drove 2,000 miles in 3 days. Everything worked just fine. Comfy leather seating and 5.3l made the miles just roll along. Quiet and strong. Got even 19 mpg on trip, according to DIC.