Reviews for Chevrolet Malibu Maxx years:

Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet Malibu MaxxOwner Reviews (10 reviews)
    Visitor, Pittsboro, IN, April 07, 2013 15:00
    Drove my 06 Maxx at the dealers when it had 3 miles on it, put 4 miles on it during the test drive, bought it the next day. Since then have put 3 sets of tires on it, 2 sets of brakes, 4 sets of windshield wiper blades, one set of front struts, and changed the oil 21 times. Car has 160,000 miles and still drives like a new one. It also still goes around corners like a big go cart.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
    Visitor, Butler, IN, December 04, 2012 11:39
    This has been a most excellent little car for me. Love the gas mileage. I've had to have the steering column replaced once and drivers' seat has been broke twice. We welded it each time but frame still breaks. Not a fatty either. :) A cd is stuck in my player, it won't eject. I've had this issue for about 5 years. Radio commercials are killing me. The bushings wore out in the stabilizer bar. I had them replaced for near to nothing because I let them cut a whole in the framework. It doesn't hurt anything. The noise is the back is gone though. That's all I cared about because it was awful sounding. Throttle needed cleaned for start up issues. That fixed my problem. I've had autozone tell me that my starting system was bad when in fact it's been that gold battery they sell. I've had a new one each year. Warranty replace thank goodness. I can't say I'd buy this car again but I loved the speed, handling, ease of use of this car. Pretty white color. Repeat, love the gas mileage. Sun and moon roofs are great options. Now, off to fix that cd player. Also, I bought two remote starters from Ebay for $15. Had them reprogrammed at chevy dealer (check around) for $20. Original dealership wanted $110 remote and $75 to program. Hahaha
    Visitor, Rochester, NY, October 23, 2011 10:42
    My 2006 Maxx has 96,000 miles on it, and has required very little in the way of repairs. I replaced a front wheel bearing and tie rod end at around 75,000, and did the brakes at around 50,000 miles. Other than that all I have done is fluid replacements. I average 33 miles per gallon on the highway during the summer, and about 23 mpg in town. The car drives and looks almost new, and I live in upstate New York where the winters are brutal.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
    Visitor, Miami, FL, October 05, 2011 19:40
    Visitor Miami,Florida. 2007 malibu maxx LT. I am not getting the 22 MPG it is supposed to give me..... I have been checking every time I put gasoline in, and I am only getting 14 MPG. The car is working fine,no lights on the dash.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, February 09, 2011 10:30
    I enjoy the interior and design of this touring vehicle. Unfortunately i have had to replace rotors and pads more than once within three years. The power steering in my 2005 malibu maxx occasionally fails when I first start my car. The headlamps burn out after just a couple months of installation. The keyless entry no longer works. The power locks buttons do not work inside the car. There is a clunking noise when turning sharp to the left or to the right.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
    TXCarBuff, Leander, TX, December 31, 2010 11:46
    Lots of good things about this car but the bad things far outweigh them. Power steering problems requiring replacement of the steering column and PS system 3 times ($650 each time). Front turn signal lights overheat melting the amber plastic globes, discoloring the front headlight assemblies and requiring frequent bulb replacement ($250 mat'l cost for each headlight assy). Drivers seat frame broke ($800 to replace). Vibration in the front end that has not gone away even after replacing the struts, wheel alignment and tire balancing. Motherboard has had to be reflashed twice to get rid of hard starting problems ($90 each time). The steering problem and the seat frame breaking are safety issues but GM and NHTSA has done nothing to address them. You can check out all the reports submitted to NHTSA at www.mycarstats.com. I'm done with GM products.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
    Visitor, Sanford, NC, July 12, 2010 17:16
    I have to add front baerings replaced at about 32,000.
    Visitor, Kingston, NY, April 03, 2010 07:27
    I bought a 2006 MM and once it hit 10k miles, the issues began. It used to shake terribly over bumps, I had inherent issues with the steering shaft, and the car needed new brakes AND rotors at 23k miles. The dealership said that was "normal." Not for me....I already had a lemon Cobalt....so I just let them repossess the piece of garbage.
    pbaird, Chaparral, NM, December 16, 2009 08:43
    This car has excellent handling in curves. Has great pick up and go speed as well. The only issue I have is with the Cowel. It vibrates constantly and is too expensive to just make it a quick fix.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
    TechGal, Lansing, MI, November 28, 2009 15:48
    Few problems with this car and I love the versitility. It holds a 10 foot piece of lumber. I just learned that the front driver side bearing is going, muffler is starting to go, and suspension needs work. The bearing is of concern. The rest is expected. Will get a bid from the dealer, as well as others. Maybe they will cover it for a while. The Malibu seems to have bearing problems every 5-7 yrs, and they are sealed. Est is $800 from a mechanic.