Chevrolet Lumina Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Lumina
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Chevrolet Lumina Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The fuel pump may fail causing engine to stall and not restart.
Chevrolet Lumina Questions
My low coolant light will not go off. The coolant isn't low...it stays full, so I don't assume there are any leaks. Ive replaced the sensor, and that's not it, either.
put new battery wont start
Chevrolet Lumina Recalls
Chevrolet Lumina Reviews
I HAVE A 1990 LUMINA EURO 3.1 AND IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE! I HAVE REPLACED FUEL PUMP, FUEL FILTER, BATTERY, SPARK PLUGS, CRANK SHAFT SENSOR, AND MANY OTHER PARTS, NOW THE CAR WON'T EVEN START.
Car is pretty much trouble free. Long time no problems.
Ive had my 1997 chevy lumina for about 8 or 9 years,Ive never had any major problems I just recently put a new battery and alterator in it. Im have to have new struts, Ive never done anything to the exhaust system since Ive had the car. Its the best car Ive ever owned.