Reviews for Chevrolet Impala SS years:

Chevrolet Impala SS Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet Impala SSOwner Reviews (10 reviews)
  • 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
    Visitor, Portland, OR, November 27, 2014 13:20
    I brought my SS new in 06, the vehicle has preformed beautiful for me. My hope is to keep it forever, my present concern is the steering noise. The dealership that service it can't find the problem that causing the noise in the upper intermediate steering gear.
    Visitor, Salisbury, NC, February 08, 2014 20:51
    The 2008 ss impala is a effing money pit. I bought mine brand new off of the lift outside of the dealership. The intermittent slipping is a sure sign that your tranny is about to go. Chevy knows it sucks so it's like they train all of the workers to say they can't recreate the problem until it's gone. .... then $3000. Oh yeah then they start you all over again on the same road to destruction. Now she is about to throw a rod. You can tell from the noise of the beast that used to be your engine. They should issue a recall but instead they just want you to trade up to another bucket. I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE NEW IMPALA LOOKS LIKE OR HOW FAST IT IS. UNTIL I GET SOME PORTION OF MY MONEY BACK FOR THIS $30000 HUNK OF METAL CHEVY IS DEAD TO ME. Oh yeah forgot to mention the cheap Chinese parts in the dash that knock so loud your ears bleed. It's about $1800 bucks to fix those. There are maybe 5/6 of them and they act like they can't tell which one it is. And after you fix that stuff then you can fix the "regulators" in your door so that they may actually lock and unlock. DO NOT BUY. IF IT'S USED YOU ARE BUYING FINANCIAL DEATH
  • 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, December 16, 2013 11:45
    I have had my 2004 SS for 8 years and love it only major repair was ball joints hub assembly on both sides think its time to change plugs and wires she is at 104.000 miles will never sell or trade black beauty best car I ever owned.
    Visitor, Jamestown, NY, October 24, 2013 23:07
    replace stabilzer links front and reair at 56000 miles
    Visitor, Shreveport, LA, February 20, 2012 08:17
    I have a 2007 SS Impala and there's this noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. I took my car to Chevyland and the mechanic said that he didnt know what the noise was or where it was coming from. I've had the vehicle for 1 year and a few days and I've already taken the vehicle to the delearship several times for minor repairs. I wish I hadnt purchased this vehicle.
    Visitor, Elkton, MD, November 16, 2011 13:12
    As with another post, this was my first Chevrolet I ever owned, and also the first new car ever owned. As far as "bang for the buck" I have not seen anything better, as the SS was released with almost everything GM offered built in. I run this mostly on the freeway, and the stock tires lasted 108K. Only a handful of issues have been seen to date. Bulbs started going at 100k, but very easily replaced. TPMS receiver went twice and I blew off ever getting it again, as is a "fluff" feature anyway. Only significant issue was the torque converter clutch went at 103K so I had the tranny rebuilt as they had to pull the tranny up anyway. Interesting up side to this was the rebuild opened up performance and the "4 cylinder mode" will now kick in as low as 20mph. Initially it would not until 4th gear was hit at ~50mph. 2000 rpm = 77 mph = 26.5 mpg (cruising) Teflon oil additives been used since engine broke in, so will be keeping this a while... 127K and counting.
    smilindrew, Eden Prairie, MN, July 08, 2010 06:19
    First Impala I've ever owned. The SS is the way to go!! She's 3 years old, just turned over 18k. I wish the suspension was tighter around corners, great acceleration, 30 mpg on highway.
  • 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
    c1155999, Lanham, MD, April 09, 2010 18:27
    beautiful car, head turner
    sarge154, Houston, TX, October 04, 2009 15:05
    I have had three of the late model Impala SS's and will keep one as a collector now.
  • 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
    jake1, Oklahoma City, OK, February 05, 2009 07:14
    I bought the car from the original owner with 77K miles in 2004 and it now has 89K miles. I really like this car. In fact I bought an "daily" driver/beater so I could keep it pristine. The SS is very distintive and is not a "belly-button" car (you know everyone has one). It is very comfortable, has excellent stopping power and more than enough power. I have made some minoe changes to get that littel "extra" we added a S&B cold air induction, reprogrammed the PCM, replaced/upgraded the optispark, 8mm plug wires, new plugs, Flowmaster 40 mufflers, ceramic brake pads, ProComp 1.6:1 roller rocker arms and several more small mods. The car gets 27.8 mpg on the highway and 17.6 mpg around town. Handling is excellent but tires are expensive. No major problems except the ac compressor died and had to be replaced. Overall I love this thing and plan to keep it forever. Remember "So many Mustangs, so little time".