Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet G Series Van (G20)
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Questions
I have a 1989 Chevy G20 conversion van with a 5.0L engine, a TH400 transmission, and a nasty metallic noise in the back. The mechanic says it's the differential and it's time to start shopping for a new/used one. Is a full replacement really necessary when the van only has 54,000 ...
Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Recalls
Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Reviews
when wet outside brakes are very grabby hydroplanes
i have a 1990 chevy g20 van and since iv had it i took it for a test drive the first day i have had it and only went about a mile and a half from home and started going up hill is when i had lost power and costed to the side of the road and would start it had sounded like i was out of gas>when i had finally made it home finally after getting it towed i had a mechanic come out and look at it and...
Very Pleased with vehicle. Had to replace Transmission due to prior owner abuse. Need to change fuel pump, don't know where relay is for fuelpump. Any help would be great. Also is a bit hard on fuel. Any tricks beyond standard tuneup would be great. Can't invest too much $$$ due to being disabled.