Reviews for Chevrolet Express 3500 years:

Chevrolet Express 3500 Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet Express 3500Owner Reviews (12 reviews)
  • 2006 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Cleveland, OH, April 18, 2014 09:44
    My Check engine light is on The following codes needs attention C004S C0283 C0228 P0056 Please Help! Help.
  • 2010 Chevrolet Express 3500
    yakpacker, Las Vegas, NV, January 21, 2014 23:07
    @around 65K now. Very reliable vehicle. Still on original brakes even though I live and drive mostly in a metro area. Great air and since I live in the desert that says even more. But I am glad the Van does have the rear air option. Other than that I have only had a few bulbs burn out. Perform all scheduled maintenance and have not had major problems. Though I have 2 weird intermittent problems. (1) Something in the fuel tank occasionally makes a sound like expanding metal. Seems to happen on really hot days after the engine is shut down. (2) At about 60K I hear and feel a rubbing sensation in the steering wheel when wheels are turned hard left. Fluids fine, something changed because it never used to do it. I had this same exact problem with a 2006 Silverado around the same mileage. I don't recall what the dealer did to correct it. I had an extended warranty on the 2006 and didnt really ay attention.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Georgetown, TX, January 15, 2014 19:23
    Very bad problem with paint on this vehicle. Paint starts peeling off the hood and then off the rest of the van. All that is left is the primer. If you watch when you are on the road you will see many of these models with the same problem.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Tyler, TX, February 13, 2012 11:26
    I need to know where I can get a driver door interior panel. Can anyone help? 9725675036
  • 2011 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Ada, OK, February 05, 2012 13:22
    My 2011 Express van has an incredibly rough ride. Any ideas to fix it?
  • 2004 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, North Highlands, CA, February 03, 2012 13:27
    one of my oil lines came disconected iam trying to find to reconect it back could you help
  • 2010 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Louisville, KY, December 19, 2011 08:52
    On my previous post, the Chevy dealer replaced the TPS (Throttle Positioning Sensor) not the PCM. My mistake!
  • 2002 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Farmington, UT, November 25, 2010 17:41
    I like the body style of this van. The sheet metal isn't as thick or durable as past body styles. The factory paint is reasonably durable and so far the corrosion protection is adiquate. The interior is comfotable and quiet and I like the seats. However, if you have to remove any interior door or wall panels, be prepared to use epoxy to glue the plastic that the retaining clips hold on to. It's also very easy to break other plasic parts such as electric door and window switches if disassembly is nessesary. I'm very impressed with this vehicle's braking system. It's a hydrolicly boosted anti-lock braking system that stops this vehicle exceptionally well. The model I own has a 5.7 litre V8 gasoline engine that delivers a good strong performance. When towing a trailer the 5.7 V8 is adiquate. My transmition has worked well, but I've been very careful to keep it maintained. I've always followed the manufactuer's recomended maintainance, but if I'm planning on towing a trailer on a long road trip I always drop the transmition pan and change the filter as well as look in the pan for sludge and debris as well as check the condition of the trans fluid. So far I've never found any problems. I've had very few problems with my electrical system. However I had to replace the door switch for the dome lights on my sliding side door. I've also added some aftermarket headlights because I wanted brighter lights. I thought the stock sealed beams where kind of weak. I've never had any problems with the engine. GM has used the 5.7 litre (350 ci.) for years and years and it's a tried and true design. I faithfully change the engine oil every 3,000 miles, as I always have with all the chev 350 motors I've owned. As a result, I've never had any problems with past or my present 350 V8. The stock exaust system is fine and the van has never not passed emissions so far. My van has front and rear air conditioning and heating. I've enjoyed that a lot and I think if you have a 15 passenger van like mine, it's well worth having. I haven't had to recharge the a/c unit yet, but I expect to at some point. This van handles very well for a full size van. Any full size van has handling limitations, this one does well for what it is. It rides very smooth and comfortably at freeway speeds if I'm towing a trailer or not. I've been impressed with the van's handling while towing, but I'm always careful not to over load it or improperly load the trailer. Over all I like my van and would recomend it so long as you understand that full size vans drive and handle a lot different than full size SUVs and trucks.
  • 2001 Chevrolet Express 3500
    shandro, Miami, FL, October 19, 2010 12:56
    I live in Bonaire and did buy this Van in Aruba .The cooling Van is a little bit noizy and there`s to much sensors around the engine 4 oxigen sensors, cooling temp sensor, trottle pos.sensor, crankshaft position sensor etc etc. If 1 doen not work properly you will loose power in your engine or the transmishon will not shift properly. But over all not a bad vehicle.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, July 11, 2010 12:26
    Engine and transmission is very poor
  • 2006 Chevrolet Express 3500
    Visitor, Liberty, MO, April 23, 2010 09:22
    Problems with air, AC, rear heater, AC coolant leak, engine lurches w/in first 2 miles in morning, both wheel bearings needed to be replaced, driver seat replaced 2x, wiring system is flaky
  • 2004 Chevrolet Express 3500
    investroll, Fairfax, VA, July 11, 2009 18:12
    We outgrew our minivan when child number 5 arrived, so we bought the 12 passenger version of this behemoth. It was a used Avis rental van, and we have had no problems with it in the 30,000 miles we have driven it. It is a basically a big truck that drives like one and carries passengers. 12-14 MPG (sigh). Not the most refined vehicle around, but it is big and tough and reliable.