Reviews for Chevrolet Equinox years:

Chevrolet Equinox Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet EquinoxOwner Reviews (30 reviews)
    Visitor, Alabaster, AL, April 14, 2014 19:30
    Bought new LTZ started having problems within 2 weeks after purchase, had wheel hub replaced. Within a month started having problems with the electrical system. Passenger seat broke, dealer would not fix. Both covers fell off mirrors on visors, cup holders broke,"leather" seats cracked and ripped. Air conditioner and heater went out cost $1500.00 to repair. After 3 months of driving this vehicle I begged GM to just buy it back from me because I wasn't in a position to trade and I could not sell it to anyone with all the problems. Would never buy another GM product!!
    Visitor, Westland, MI, March 28, 2014 20:42
    my 2008 equinox keeps giving the message 1) traction control check 2) stablilink and the picture of a motor has recently started and is constantly on. What's happening!!!!
    Visitor, Mobile, AL, March 12, 2014 12:54
    This SUV is a joy to drive; however, I've had several problems with it. For 3 weeks now it's been in the shop constantly. But hey! You'll have car trouble with any car.
    Visitor, Shirley, NY, February 08, 2014 13:22
    I have a 2010 Equinox and love the car except for one major flaw. At 45000 miles, I had trouble getting the key out of the ignition. Each week it would be more difficult until the key would not come out. This is complicated by the fact that the key is left in the accessory postion and drains the battery dead! After 650 dollars to "fix" six months ago, (new solenoid) it appears the problem has returned!
  • 2013 Chevrolet Equinox
    mgallo, Clovis, NM, January 24, 2014 13:20
    I have 45000 on my 2013 equinox and after a few months I noticed lots of road noise I discovered the roof window caused most of the sound,it doesn't close completely towards the back of the car.I had to put latex sealant and foam to stop the noise.I drive a lot on rural and dirt roads.The suspension feels hard and bumps are felt hard.There is a lot of road noise on highways.They will have to redesign the suspension and stop the road noise to get me to buy another equinox.
  • 2013 Chevrolet Equinox
    Visitor, Park Rapids, MN, August 18, 2013 11:24
    we bought thi8s ve3hicle new in Dec 31, 2012. We love the vehicle except for two issues, the first is the 4 cyl. engine, if I had to do it over again I would have bought the 6 so I could pull our travel trailer of 2400 lbs. The second is I paid our dealership to install a hitch and wire harness for trailer. The trailer lights work fine but will not work on utility or boat trailers even with new lights and and trailer wiring. I think you should request the curtis wiring harness be installed if you buy one. We currently get 26 miles to the gallon highway and we now have 13,100 miles.
    Visitor, Elizabeth, NJ, July 11, 2013 19:06
    I know a lot about cars so I thought I needed to changed my ignition switch cylinder and I did but when I turned the key a light on the dashboard came on that said lock,..is there a key code that I need to know about and if so where can i find this key code is there anybody that can tell me.Thank-you in advanced. desperately needing help with this one. from Cj
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, March 31, 2013 16:56
    Bought 2010 Equinox new...(now has 36,600 miles) had no problems while it was under warranty with the exception of the tire monitoring system. Then, received a notice from Chevrolet about the software update required for the engine oil monitor. Took it in a little over a week ago. Since then the A/C does not cool and the shifter started sticking...in Drive and can only move to the Neutral position (strange coincidence...huhhh???). Can turn off...but, the key cannot be removed from the ignition. After 30 minutes of wiggling the shifter...finally got it into Park and could then remove key. Since it was Easter Sunday weekend...everything was closed so could not get it fixed....so, had to cancel weekend trip. Real good timing.... :(
    Visitor, Nashua, MT, December 27, 2012 12:07
    I loved my 2010 Eqinox but it had a bad shake sometimes going down the road and one time when my husband was driving it the steering would not work it just wouldnt engauge to turn he almost hit the ditch. Then on Sunday before christmas 2012 I was driving it going about 35 miles an hour and the steering locked up and I hit the ditch. a ditch full of snow and it ended up totalling out my car now I have no wheels and I thought at first I was just imaging the steering but once I stopped shaking I knew. Has anyone else had this problem with there Equinox?
    Visitor, Rossville, IN, June 07, 2012 01:52
    My wife and I love this car. We purchased it used in 2009 with 41,000 miles on it. It is the LT trim with towing. This is a great vehical for a family of 4 on a budget. It's peppy V6 gets avg. 23 mpg highway and 20 in town. I have no fear getting on the interstate or passing on a two lane. Was not impressed that the rotors needed replacement at 45,000 or the front struts at 70,000. The turning radius leaves alot to be desired as well. That being said, this car also functions as our truck, towing our pop-up camper, 12' landscape trailer, and hauling construction materials in the fold down back seat. It takes what we throw at it with stride. Has not let me down yet. Kudos Chevy!
    Visitor, Bismarck, AR, January 23, 2012 11:29
    Over 30,000 miles and not one problem! Love my car. Highly recommend to anyone. Lots of space. Love the sunroof! 26.2mpg
    Visitor, Winslow, AZ, January 17, 2012 21:21
    We have over 11800, miles on our equinox. Service traction control lights keep coming on. What does this mean? We have had no problems with our car, we keep it serviced, oil change regulurly, etc.
    Visitor, Denton, TX, July 03, 2011 16:10
    2005 Equinox Car is great overall, but as with some other owners, the car door locks by itself and alarm can go off. Experienced the driver's exterior handle to enter car coming off. Very inconvenient and need to have it repaired. Have AWD and love it. Moved from the Midwest to TX and this past winter the AWD was a tremendous lifesaver due to icy roads and in general, bad drivers that TX is known for.
    Visitor, Lake Jackson, TX, June 26, 2011 14:09
    Connectors at wires to fans have lost connection. This makes the AC not work. You have to jiggle the connectors at the fan and they will come on and this makes the fans work. Both fans on the engine side have same problem. Other problem was door handle on drivers door broke internally. $32 for a new door handle and $55 to paint it to match the car color. Door handle is all plastic. Poorly made product. Terry
  • 2011 Chevrolet Equinox
    wingy, Seaford, DE, February 23, 2011 13:12
    vehicle rides great, very quiet and tight. electronics great. have had to replace wheel sensor for stabiltrack at 300 m.
    jonboy017, Painted Post, NY, November 07, 2010 19:12
    Chevy made a great car! I own the AWD model and it is fantastic! We rarely need the all wheel drive, but its always there when we need it! We live in upstate new york so we've seen our fair share of snow storms. This car handles great in the difficult conditions, has a fair / high safety rating, and sits up high enough to keep the road more than visible for miles to come (depending on conditions of course) The 2005 model has a few shortcomings, like the trunk space being taken up by plastic pillars designed to hold the tray across the top of the trunk compartment. What a waste of space. I find stow away storage compartments to be lacking on this vehicle - but the overall size and roomy ride is more than adaquate for my growing family of 4. 5 adults can easily fit in this car! Theres no problem with hips in the back or front seats! After owning this car for 4 years now our gas mileage is averaging around the 18 mile per gallon mark. We drive mostly city stop and go(75%) and some highway milege (25%) So I wish that were better, but it is a heavy All Wheel Drive vehicle. The seats have held up well and all in all it's a great family and FUN small SUV.
    Bogeymanmcs, Midland, MI, September 28, 2010 11:33
    I purchased a new Equinox Sport in 2008. Lots of performance, very torqy and fun to drive. The turning radius on this car is HORRIBLE! You cannot park it without jockeying the car several times to get into a normal parking spot. Forget about parrallel parking. At about 60k the problems started. Drivers side window and pwr. door locks quit working. A bit of investigation found 3 broken wires in the flexible housing between the door and A-pillar. $300 for a new door harnness and back to work. At 66k, the cam position sensor and crank timing sensors failed. Replaced but did not fix the issue. Turned out to be a blocked oil passage near a cam bearing. (None of these were covered by the 100k mile warranty) P.S. I have always purchased GM and have never owned anything but GM. Next time might be a different story.
    Visitor, Miami, FL, September 08, 2010 07:45
    I LOVE THE EQUINOX AND THE WAY IT HANDLE THE ROAD, BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT I HAVE IS THAT WATER GETS INTO THE HEAD LIGHTS WHEN IT RAINS.
    Chayla45, Cambridge, MA, September 08, 2010 07:36
    I love my car. When I think about getting a new car, it is not because of need, but only want. This car drives just as smoothly as when I bought it 4 years ago. If I break down and decide to buy again, the Equinox is still at the top of my list... but next time I think I will get it in black :)
    Visitor, Plant City, FL, August 04, 2010 11:49
    I truly love my Equinox. It is roomy and rides smooth. The only complaint is I can't get the interior lights to come on when I open the doors. I did everything the manual said....no luck! However, they do come on if I push the interior reading lights. Any ideas???
    flaps22, Bel Air, MD, June 04, 2010 16:56
    Had this truck for almost a year, and LOVE EVERY MINUTE I SPEND BEHIND THE WHEEL!!! It drives very well. Handles like a mid-level sedan (some body lean at times), has AWESOME gas mileage, and is VERY dependable! The interior is practically CAVERNOUS. I could probably fit my former PT Cruiser in there with the rear seats folded down, and still have room for a passenger up front. The Traction Control is a dream to have, even on the FWD drivetrain. I have seen better than average gas mileage on both city and highway. I'd recommend that synthetic oil be used in the motor, since the oil has a longer useful life than conventional oil. The Equniox is an absolute joy to drive and own! If I had the money, I would most definitely purchase another one!!!!
    Visitor, Henrietta, NY, April 23, 2010 08:42
    Purchased 2010 Equinox, 4 cyl, 2/2010. Love it. Plenty of room for 4 passengers plus lots of gear. Smooth, quiet ride. Only down side is minimal - would like interior lights for rear passenger use. Have to illuminate entire interior if a rear passenger needs light for something.
    Visitor, Little Egg Harbor Twp, NJ, March 31, 2010 09:18
    overall love the vehicle...It definately is spacious,comfortable and easy driving!! I would definately purchase another Equinox.
    robert844, Adelanto, CA, November 12, 2009 13:56
    this car is built in CANADA by suzuki.found that out the hard way.the engine is chinese and the trans in jap. chey claims "american" yeah my butt.the door panels fell off,the over head map lights break at the slightest touch.rear outer door panle fell off.tailgate inner door panel fell off.replaced rotors at 45000.it has 75000 and needs them again.it burns oil like a oil fired steam locomotive (1 quart per 195 mile tankful).the mileage SUCKS.chevy claims 28 i cant even get 18.never been over 230 miles to a full tank.the alternator just went out yet again for the 5th time this morning.the list just goes on and on.it needs a new trans right now.shifting VERY rough.next week were junking it and buying a FORD.
    dre390, Windsor Mill, MD, August 08, 2009 20:21
    nice auto though noises can drive you nuts at times
    chula ea, East Aurora, NY, April 22, 2009 10:30
    Paint chips found (3 yrs old) new rotors 65000 miles,front and back plastic cover for chevy logo fell off around 2.5 years, new struts needed 3 yrs old,drivers door locks (infrequently) when closed. Other doors remain unlocked. Dealer could not duplicate, so no fix .Paint peels on radio dials
    Chevy Family, Lone Jack, MO, April 19, 2009 14:42
    Really enjoy this small SUV. While the gas mileage isn't quite the stated MPG, it rides and handles well. Has had one recalled item. Had one item fixed under warranty which involved the unit that allows the air/heat to be redirected from top vents to lower (feet) vents. One annoyance that the service department could not diagnose early on is a 'clunk' noise one hears after pulling away from a dead stop (i.e., after car has been parked and turned off). The noise is probably related to the AWD system (drive train) somehow. While the noise is faint, it is noticeable and gave us concern when we first heard it. Take note if you get one with a sunroof: DO NOT have a bug screen installed as it changes the airflow over the car and will make the rubber dam inside the sunroof vibrate loudly when opened.
    oregolac, West Windsor, NJ, April 13, 2009 15:51
    Plenty of pep in my sport model, shifting the trans manually is fun. You feel like your are driving the car not that the car is driving you.Only complaint is not enough pouches and places for stuff.the 264 hoursepower engine really makes the vehicle PAY ATTENTION.
    Toastid, Denver, CO, April 08, 2009 15:28
    Love this vehicle. Handles and rides like a sedan, but takes inclines and infrequent off-road trips like a champ. Very quiet V-6, low cost maintenance.
    Lakeview Drive, York, PA, April 08, 2009 11:12
    The key goes in and sometimes locks up. Had it to the shop and there is a special Chev lubricant you have to use to lubricate it. We also had to have the Trans Cooler replaced it started leaking.