Chevrolet Corvette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Corvette
- I have at 23 ford t bucket high performence chevy 350 hei hard starting need to get it running right to get it registered
- clicking noise in front driver side wheel area when turning right only.
- How can I git my car to Start ? Installed new battery, installed columnlock byp
- driver door will not open from outside when the key is present
- Slow to start after parked for a short period of time, hot or cold.
Chevrolet Corvette Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
The service steering column lock message may be displayed, the engine may start and stall when put into gear. Our technicians tell us that this fault is related to the anti-theft system and the steering column lock system must be repaired as necessary. Certain models were recalled for this issue. For more information on this recall please click here»
Chevrolet Corvette Questions
After running 5 - 10 minutes the windows start to fog up. After i stop the car and it sits the windshield fogs up and i have to use a towel to clean it before driving again. Could there be a problem with the heater core?
1) car stumbles at about 1500-2000rpm under load like its about to stall (sometimes does) also there is knocking coming from the valve train
2) does not happen in neutral
3) catalytic converters were replaced two weeks ago as were vacuum hoses (visable ones)
4) cleaned throttle body and rem...
Chevrolet Corvette Recalls
The Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) that controls airbag deployment may experience an internal short circuit. This would result in deactivation of the airbags and seat belt pretensioners. If the airbags do not deploy as expected in the event of a crash, the risk of personal injury is increased. Dealers will replace the SDM on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
The underhood bussed electrical center (fuse box) can expand causing the low beam relay to flex. Over time this can cause the relay to fail, resulting in loss of low beam headlight operation. Loss of headlight operation can affect the drivers ability see and be seen, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the underhood bussed electrical housing unit to correct this concern. 2008-2013 Chevrolet Corvettes will be covered under customer satisfaction program number 14203 for the same issue.
The rear hatch hinges may not meet the load requirement as specified in the federal safety standards. In the event of a crash, the rear hatch could separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace both rear hatch hinges to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 11258
Chevrolet Corvette Reviews
The perfect sports/road car. Powerful, Comfortable, Exciting. My choice for road trips... seats are very comfortable, handles great on mountain roads and highways. Gets 28mpg! on trips. Love the XM radio. Always a headturner.
my o6 conv. is agood car but it has problems, my driver's door glass used to go down a little when you opened the door and go back up when closed, about 3 weeks ago it quit going back up when you closed the door. I was wondering if any one else had this problem on their c6 convertible.
sex on wheels