Chevrolet Corsica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Corsica
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- High Pressure Power Steering Hose Can Leak Fluid
- Torque Converter Clutch Can Stick After Extended Freeway Driving
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Car Won't Start Due to Ignition Coil/Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- i changed tps and it didn't fix problem. what next
- what is cost of repair: install front bumper, front struts, right front fender.
- Put in new alternator yesterday and the light came back on this morning
- when I drive my car for a while it dies and will not start till 30/45 min later
- on my corsica a piece fell of the middle of the exhaust system.
Chevrolet Corsica Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
Chevrolet Corsica Questions
This is the third alternator in 2 months, a new one was installed yesterday and today the light is back on, its not the fuse that was also replaced.
It's where the catalytic converter is, not sure what it is, or if it needs repaired right away.
Chevrolet Corsica Recalls
Chevrolet Corsica Reviews
for a free car it has been very reliable
This car has been nothing but a giant headache, i bought the car with 150,000 miles on it. I have put 9,000 miles on it and between then iv'e put a little under 3,500 dollars in it. and now im having problems with the car over heating after i just put in a brand new radiator, could it be the thermostat? and also my car feels like its gonna die sometimes when i start it up and sometimes it does ...
I have a 92 Corsica with a 3.1l engine we call Tinkerbelle. I've had to replace the ignition module and CPS twice, and redo all the engine vaccumn lines (plastic lines Under hot metal, not exactly thinking GM were we?) and it has a leak i'm still trying to locate, but all thinks considered it's an ok car. I wish it had more room to work on, but I have the same complaint on most cars. For the...