Reviews for Chevrolet Colorado years:

Chevrolet Colorado Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet ColoradoOwner Reviews (45 reviews)
    Visitor, Stella Niagara, NY, April 04, 2014 07:59
    I had a problem with wet floor mats and discovered that the high level brake/cargo light seal had deteriorated and allowed rain water to enter the cab. Some of the bulbs had shorted out and were replaced at the time of repair. We had a time finding the problem because I thought the windshield was leaking but the fellow at the glass place told me that as I still had the original windowshield it was not likely the case. There is also an issue with wind noise caused by improper door alignment and rainwater seems to get into the drivers' side door when it is parked and will leak out when the door is opened following the rain.
    marine59, Frankfort, IN, March 22, 2014 04:19
    I now have 72,300 mile on my truck 05 crew cab I=5 engine, the only problems (major ) is electrical seems bad grounding problems to bad connectors where the wires push in and are suppose to click, well sometimes they do and sometime they do not I sent cheevy a e-mail they let me know the received the e-mail and then NOTHING, General motors ( government motors ) MUST know by now we have a electrical problem with the Colorado and canyon I assume are the same, I have purchased Chevrolet all my life but may consider Ford next time.... I think the bail out money given them was a damn waste
    Visitor, Middleboro, MA, December 19, 2013 14:33
    Bought my Colorado new in 2004. Im just short of 295000 on it now , original motor and tranny. Only real problems were later when windows wouldn't go up or down without help. Keeping the truck and putting in new motor and transmission, replace original suspension and some electrical work. Best truck Ive owned. It owes me nothing.
    Visitor, Redding, CA, November 17, 2013 15:32
    Absolutely enjoy the truck. We are at 41,000 miles now. Great mileage! Enjoy the ride. We only had to take it back 1 time and they found dust on the brake pads. :) We couldn't be any happier with our choice of vehicle.
    Visitor, Buffalo Grove, IL, November 15, 2013 09:00
    I have had nothing but problems with this truck since the day I bought it. It had 18000 miles on it when I purchased the vehicle. The next day I had to take it back to Chevy to replace the alternator and the battery after only being a day old. I live in the Midwest and have had to change out at least one if not 2 rims every year. I did own a 2001 Silverado Z71 before this and that lasted 225000 miles before I had to Junk it. As for the Ac and Heat it goes out every year since I bought the resistor, blower, fan, wiring harness you name it I have had to replace it at least 3 times now. The battery only lasts a year or 2. Chevy really screwed me on this one. One more thing every Chevy Dealership I have brought it to has told me that they could do nothing for me to fix it so I have had to take it upon my self to fix everything. Chevy if your going to build a truck make sure your mechanics know how to work it Bolingbrook, Naperville, Aurora, Joliet I can keep going but I am sure you all get the point. The rating system made me rate the Heating and Ac if I could I would have given it no stars. Very undeserving
    Visitor, Boulder, CO, October 03, 2013 08:40
    04 colorado z71 3.5l engine crew 79000 miles. One repair after another. Might as well have kept the landrover. What a pos. Always serviced. Wiring harness burned up in drivers door,heater blower failed 3 times same bad resistor, transmission had to be rebuilt( warrenty)should have sold it then, exhaust manifold cracked, airbag sensor failed. Don't waste your money. No support from gm for these design faults.
    Visitor, Ludlow, MA, September 05, 2013 06:09
    my 08 colorado has many problems 1.bach window would not go up due to the motor parts were dry, 2.keep replacing upper ty rods and lower rods 3.my passenger side was dipping down 11 inchs, had to be lifted bach up, 4.the cat makes noise due to the honey cone on the inside came lose,5.driver side window makes noise ,and i keep replacing the switch to the fan, one time it was smoking. now i have a new problem with the cooling fan not working to good it makes noises tell it kick's down.bad on gas mileage too...........
    miniguns, Baytown, TX, August 21, 2013 15:29
    my truck will not start or try to start
    Visitor, Gulf Shores, AL, July 20, 2013 16:03
    blower motor sometimes won't run suspect maybe bad ground wire?also pass elec. window won't work, are they connected through the ground wire?
    tom64, Belton, SC, July 17, 2013 14:39
    I love my 2006 Colorado. It was purchased in 2005 and has only 64000 miles on it. Electrical became a problem after the brake lights failed, thus the recall. I still have problems with the brake light bulbs blowing frequently. The car audio system had to have software updated, and now it is eating CD's. Heating and are just spent $215.00 to have the blower switch and harness repaired. Eletrical seems to be an issue.
    Visitor, Poca, WV, April 20, 2013 17:39
    2005 Chevy Colorado heater core already bad.
    Visitor, Chapman, KS, October 09, 2012 19:02
    so far the only BIG problem I have with my truck, is that my cab started smelling like anti-freeze and it started leaking our of my firewall. I found out that I have to replace my heater core and heard its really expensive. Heard its a hige common problem with 2004 colorados. Chevrolet should do a recall on this issue.
  • 2009 Chevrolet Colorado
    Visitor, Auburn, WA, June 11, 2012 18:40
    The MPG makes me really really sad ): The sticker said 21/16 The sticker lies ! really have to think about how far I can go. The gas credit card is the only thing getting any milage. I Hate the oil companies, but they love me. just had to replace the engine Manifold warped and cracked On warranty still sucked not having my work vehicle for a week lost biznes and money. The truck halls well, rides nice, looks good, But I was a sucker for this gas sucker of a truck. Full size trucks 2012 models getting same MPG.
  • 2010 Chevrolet Colorado
    Visitor, Vinita, OK, June 04, 2012 20:02
    When I get out of truck it sounds like the electric door locks keep locking and unlocking, they do that sometimes three or four times and sometimes they never stop until I close the door the dealer said that this is normal, is this correct?
    Visitor, Gentry, AR, April 18, 2012 16:58
    I have had no real trouble with my 2006 truck. Have replaced the brakes (probably due to my driving), but have no other real issues. The engine light has come on a couple of times. Changed the oil regularly and rotated tires. One thing that has aggravated me is the front tires seem to wear on the inside, but it does not appear to be out of line. Thanks!
    Visitor, Murphy, NC, February 11, 2012 08:03
    I bought my chevy Brand SPANKIN new. since, ive replaced the brake light switch 6 times replaced the ACDELCO shi**y stock radio 3 times wich cost me $400 each time eventually i just removed it and put in an aftermarket radio for about $100 bucks (wich works great btw), replaced the blower motor resistor shortly before replacing the blower motor itself, the THEFT DETER SYSTEM is the most ignorant and retarded stupid F**king thing ever to be installed on the dam* thing. it has not been starting when i want it to, isnt that the whole purpose of buying a vehicle is to be able to drive somewhere when u want to or NEED to, it does it often usually in the mornings like the Prick it is, i was stuck in my PJ's last monday morning for 1 hour at the gas pumps b/c the shi**y thing just DECIDED it didnt want to start. F**K YOU GM RECALL THE SH**ty theft deterent system, and as to my understanding this isnt just happening with my colorado its with ALL makes and models Chevy has produced from as far back as 93.
    Visitor, Flat Rock, MI, January 15, 2012 12:16
    I bought a 2004 Colorado new and had a persistent problem with "reduced power"the third time i took it back i told them fix it or keep it.They called me a week later and it was fixed. it seems that G.M. sent them the wrong flow chart,as soon as they found that I've had no more trouble with that.In almost 100,000 miles I'v replaced tires twice front brakes once and the left tie rod end.All in all a good little truck.Now though i need a right wheel bearing That looks all redesigned,must learn something new i guess.
    Visitor, Port Orchard, WA, January 11, 2012 15:39
    A problem for me has been the brake pedal goes so low that your foot can simultaneously hit the accelerator! Has been that way since new. This vehicle with some of it quality issues cured me of my GM habit! I recently purchased a new Ford. GM? never again! This 04 has fewer than 60K miles on it. New head due to the recall and it failed prior to the recall. Wish I had never bought the damn thing! GM and others have chosen the new baseless lamps, they last from 6 months to a couple years, and the cheap lamps cost more in replacement than the original bayonet base lamps.
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, December 18, 2011 13:06
    I purchased my 2005 new. Had leather interior, 20" wheels, and a bed cover installed the day I bought it. Love it. Does everything it's supposed to do. Been to the dealer once in 111,000 miles; new AC/Heater resistor installed. Runs like a swiss watch.............sorry for those that goe a bad one.
    Visitor, Corydon, IN, October 24, 2011 17:02
    Warranty problems from day one should have turned it in after the 5th attempt. stalling issues lack of power and going into limp mode and of course Chevy has no ideas unless it runs an error code. Running lean changed 02 sensor like suggested still stalling. Oh its the 5 cylinder pos.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, October 06, 2011 15:21
    would like to know, how to change the spark pluges. it should not cost $300.00 and they say the trottle body need repacemt @ a price of 675.00
    Visitor, Jacksonville, NC, July 09, 2011 15:32
    I have only had this truck for a few months, but the Gas Mileage 18/19 city and 22/23 or better on the highway. The real problem I have had to adjust to is the huge turn radious. Over all I am happey at this time.
    Visitor, Casa Grande, AZ, July 07, 2011 13:18
    NEED A NEW CAR!!!!!
    Visitor, Athens, OH, April 19, 2011 07:47
    This is the worst vehicle i have ever bought, constant electrical problems, constant reduce power mode problems. i couldn't sell this car to my worst enemy. last i checked-$238/ton at the scrapyard-sounds like i just sold my 2004 chevr colorado garbage truck.
    Visitor, Saint Johnsville, NY, April 18, 2011 15:43
    other than evap. issues,(faulty gas caps) my truck has been very reliable. the truck now has just over 80,000 miles on it.
    Visitor, Ashland, OH, March 25, 2011 00:00
    I moved to the Chevy Colorado 2006 4 cylinder because they touted 185 HP and better mileage. Sure sorry I did. I used to drive the Mazda B-series trucks(Real Mazda 1986-93 trucks). Had issues with bone jaring idle on many occaisions which would clear up ... until it did not. Took to me Chevy dealer to o avail. They are helpless. Would have had better luck taking it to the Amish blacksmith. I finally solved the issue. Had to tell the mechanic what to fix. Camshaft solenoid valve. Notorious issue which no Chevy dealer owns up to. They changed the design to fix the problem .. but they do not let it be known. Head issues which the dealer ignored. Now I'm past warranty. Cats plugged up and damaged the rings. Now I have a growling sound which I suspect is u-joints, rear end or transmission. Emergency brakes have been hung up since I bought it (12,000 miles at purchase). Extended cab without reclining seats. They say it is an option ???? Good selling point. Regular key lock ... only keyed on driver's side. Always embarasing to get in the truck then unlock the door inside so my wife can get in. Who the heck designs these things??? I'd fire most of the engineers and put Fred, the hammer mechanic in charge. No wonder we bought into the foreign car companies, we have lost touch with serving our customers. I can put an old 225 Dodge slant six in this and get better mileage and actually pull a trailer. At best I can get 23 MPG on the highway. 16-17 in town. If I put my 5x8 vee nose trailer on the back, I get 13 MPG. I used to get 18MPG with my Mazda, and it pulled better. Forgot to mention that the anti-lock brakes did not work at 22,000 miles. Damn near got me in an accident. WIth a bad sensor, THEY WILL NOT STOP THE TRUCK. Went through intersections twice ... only travelling 35MPH at the time (in town). I pulled the fuse ... I now have brakes. Background on me ... Have national aclaim as a race car driver. I have worked on cars most of my life. I built the race car which after 30 years, still has notoriety. I will never buy another Colorado, probably not a Chevy either. Wish Mazda would sell their trucks here again (not the Ford) Sorry for the book..........
    Visitor, Ceylon, MN, March 24, 2011 11:22
    bought my 2004 Colorado LS 3 years ago with 40,000 on it. Have 73,000 on it now and have had to replace the EVAP Valve 2 times already (appr. $450 bill each time). Now smelling gas fumes in the cab. Dealership replaced the Fuel Pressure Sensor (another $85), but still have gas fumes after starting it up. Truck has a very rough idle and in the winter wants to kill at stop signs when I have defrost on - then pulsates between 1000 rpms and 450 rpms. Will never buy another Colorado.
    Visitor, Columbus, OH, February 18, 2011 10:41
    The blower motor is not the problem it is the resistor and you can get it at NAPA for $14
    Visitor, Yucca Valley, CA, January 31, 2011 11:34
    I bought the Chevrolet Colorado based on the strength of my S-10. Big mistake. Chevy took an excellent truck and replaved it with a lousy one that was much more expensive. The interior is sparse, with none of the little things that makes life easy. The door armrests have zero, and I mean zero, padding. On long trips your elbow will begin to ache, and there is no place else to put your arm. They didn't put in visor extenders, either. I'm sure Chevy saved about 50 cents per vehicle on that cost saving measure. You can't swap the visors out with Silverado or other visors, because they have a three bolt attchement instead of two. The bed rails are narrower at the back than at the front, which means no accessories fit the Colorado bed. Don't believe me? Go to any autoparts supplier and look at the accessories available for every other American truck on the market, then look at what is available for the Colorado. Don't think you are ever going to tie anything down in the bed, either. The tie-downs are all in the corners, and naturally there are no stake pockets. The turning radius is horrible, and doesn't make up for the cramming of the engine components under the hood by giving any appreciable space increase inside. I've had two factory stereos go south, and am now having transmission problems. I had expected to own this truck for at least ten years, but am going on six and ready to throw it off a cliff. If you are considering a used Colorado, run. The owner is trying to dump his problems on you!
    Visitor, Spring, TX, December 20, 2010 14:51
    Interior is disgusting, not comfortable at all chevy totally could have done better. I have a 2008 Maroon 4 door I5 Z71 4x2 which has been a fairly reliable truck compared to my Chevy s10. However, I have had the rear end replaced 3 times already and it is still leaking. Have had the radio replaced once and is still not working exactly right. ABS and parking brake lights come on for misc reasons. Am looking to trade it in for an Equinox in 2011, at least those look comfortable.
    discgolf, Blue Island, IL, November 18, 2010 12:30
    problems non-stop! I WILL NEVER BUY CHEVY EVER AGAIN!!!!
    Visitor, Buford, GA, October 05, 2010 11:10
    Mine has been one thing after another. I have had to put 2 rearends in it and the check engin light comes on and shows reduced power and will not go over 30. I have had the breaks lock up and I also have had to replace a sensor to past emission
    wlester, Chanhassen, MN, July 23, 2010 19:46
    I bought my 2004 Z71 Chevrolet Colorado used in 2006. As soon as I really needed to use the heat, the blower went out. Replaced blower motor - $100 deductible for warranty. Summer of 2007, blower won't work - $100 deductible for warranty. Winter of 2008, blower won't work - $100 deductible for warranty. June 9, 2009, blower won't work - $100 deductible for warranty. Warranty runs out 2 months later. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, they had finally fixed the problem. July 23, 2010, blower won't work. No more warranty. There are so many people that have the same problem, so why hasn't Chevrolet come up with a fix for this problem???
    Visitor, Santa Rosa, CA, June 18, 2010 15:53
    I have 64,000 miles on my 2005 colorado. The blower went out at about 40,000 so it only blows air when the fan is set to the highest - 4. The cd player also stopped accepting cd's. It won't pull in CDs anymore.
    goober, Lawrenceville, GA, June 09, 2010 07:48
    My 1st post got deleted when I did the repost, so I'll use a different zip code this time. Anyhow, I've had 2 batteries die leaving me stranded - there are NHTSA bulletins out there about battery draw issues & those are what have killed my batteries after only 2 years use each time. As for my AC system, I've had to have it fixed 3 times - sensor was bad once, then the motor, then the resistor. Very irritatig all these elctrical issues.
    Visitor, Lawrenceville, GA, June 09, 2010 07:40
    Aha - it gave it 4 stars overall, so to clarify I'll rate it with 1 star only this time because the electrical system issues with the dying batteries as well as the multiple repairs to my heating / AC system have been a horrible experience.
    Visitor, Knoxville, TN, June 07, 2010 07:58
    I have 166000 miles, purchased new after having a GMC Sonoma and before that a 85 S-10 all bought new and while I am happy with the design of the truck the workmanship in some areas is lacking. I have a recurring passlock sensor problem, and engine check light frequently illuminates with the common issue being an emissions code. The blower resister is a problem causing the blower work intermittently and the CD player went out after having it two years. I continue to drive it because I cannot afford to get rid of it and running to the dealership is too costly to repair these glitches so I either leave them or fix what I can myself. Next time around think I will try something different.
    ayoho, Coventry, RI, May 14, 2010 02:59
    61,000 miles still runs like new, paint and finish is like new. most people think it is a new pickup, the giveaway is some tire wear. I wish you all good luck with yours. 2004- Z71
    Visitor, Roswell, GA, May 07, 2010 12:59
    Bought the Colorado new in 2005 have 40,000 miles on it had one thing to fix the A/C fan blower resister went south. Other than that its been perfect.
    Visitor, Anchorage, AK, April 13, 2010 13:58
    I tried this truck off-road, and the cap for the diff is oversize and very fragile, even snow can catch the cap and cause leak and you know............ its my problem now....... 1200$ for an used diff.......... not an off-road truck................. very disappointed.....
    Visitor, Copperas Cove, TX, March 30, 2010 17:58
    Bought my '08 Rado when it was already a year old. I had owned a Chevy S-10 and it was small small small. I didn't want another small truck and I didn't want a full size (had one of those too) truck, this 'Rado is the perfect mid-sized truck! I absolutely love this truck, it has that 'retro' looking front end...love the squareness of it...and the grill looks like it's full of headlights/lamps! Wouldn't trade this truck for anything, it's a KEEPER!
    bigjimsr07, Quarryville, PA, November 09, 2009 18:50
    We bought the truck because my old s-10 just didn't have enough room. Beings we were having ower son. I wish I would have bought a 4x4 model to get a little higher ground clearance. I still don't get why earlier models had fog lights and trailer lights hook up. But I'm not complaining about the truck, it's a great running truck for a young family. My wife uses it as her daily driver. I've had family members who sat in the back and didn't complain about not enough leg room like I've heard from s-10 owers and other small truck owners out there.
    dhoff07, Omaha, NE, November 09, 2009 06:20
    I like it, and it's a good all around truck.
    kovich14, Draper, UT, October 06, 2009 18:59
    I have been extremely impressed with my Colorado. It has run great since the day I bought it and have never had any problems. It pulls well while towing; plenty of power. It also does very well off road, even in deep mud and snow. Cruising around with a combination of city and highway driving I usually get about 18-19 mpg.
    radodude, Clarkston, MI, December 09, 2008 19:35
    Good solid truck, Only problem is a reoccuring emission problem