Chevrolet Celebrity Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Celebrity
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Chevrolet Celebrity Problems
The upper intake manifold gasket and/or a PCV vacuum lines/hoses can develop vacuum leaks with age. This type of leak can result in a higher that normal or rough idle.
The oxygen sensor can fail causing the engine to run very rich or use more gasoline than normal. Black smoke may be emitted from the tail pipe and this can also accelerate failure of the catalytic converter.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
Chevrolet Celebrity Questions
I know how to adjust the valves i just need astarting point this is triump 68 if anybody can help thanks i had to put the year make & model in my question thanks
car won't start and fuel pouring out of the air cleaner there is no fuel in the fuel rail
car was running fine went over a speed bump then battery light came on and alternator not charging
Chevrolet Celebrity Recalls
Chevrolet Celebrity Reviews
I own the Eurosport stationwagon. The third row of seats gives seatbelts for eight so hauling our Boy Scouts is no problem. The 3.1 v-6 delivers plenty of torque and gets very reasonable gas mileage; close to 30mph if driving conservatively. On days while by myself, I enjoy the quick ratio rack and pinion steering and firm suspension. This car handles trail breaking very well so I enjoy agr...