Chevrolet Celebrity Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Celebrity
- have 88 celebrity 2.8 will not start.
- I have an 87 Chevy Celebrity that loses power when I drive. If car turns off I have to unplug the map sensor for car to restart. I have changed fuel pump, fuel pump filter&restainer, coil packs, spark plugs, fuel pump relay, and map sensor. Please help.
- I have a 87 Chevy Celebrity
- i have 1950 chevy need info valve settings intake & exsaust this eng is inline 6
- why could be my problem?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Chevrolet Celebrity Problems
The upper intake manifold gasket and/or a PCV vacuum lines/hoses can develop vacuum leaks with age. This type of leak can result in a higher that normal or rough idle.
The oxygen sensor can fail causing the engine to run very rich or use more gasoline than normal. Black smoke may be emitted from the tail pipe and this can also accelerate failure of the catalytic converter.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
Chevrolet Celebrity Questions
if you spray carb cleaner it will run till you stop spray. have changed fuel pump, moduel, ecm have 52lb fuel pressure.
I know how to adjust the valves i just need astarting point this is triump 68 if anybody can help thanks i had to put the year make & model in my question thanks
Chevrolet Celebrity Recalls
Chevrolet Celebrity Reviews
I own the Eurosport stationwagon. The third row of seats gives seatbelts for eight so hauling our Boy Scouts is no problem. The 3.1 v-6 delivers plenty of torque and gets very reasonable gas mileage; close to 30mph if driving conservatively. On days while by myself, I enjoy the quick ratio rack and pinion steering and firm suspension. This car handles trail breaking very well so I enjoy agr...