Chevrolet Celebrity Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Celebrity
- I have a 1985 Chevy Celebrity.. Is it fuel injected?
- I have a 1986 chevy celebrity 2.5. Do you have diagrams for drive belt assembly?
- I have a 1987 chevy celebrity and everytime i put my foot on the break it dies?
- 1988 Celebrity Tries to start but fails. Eventually will catch and then runs wel
- Location of module and how to install on 1986 chavy celebrity wagon
Chevrolet Celebrity Problems
The fuel pump may fail causing engine to stall and not restart.
The upper intake manifold gasket and/or a PCV vacuum lines/hoses can develop vacuum leaks with age. This type of leak can result in a higher that normal or rough idle.
The oxygen sensor can fail causing the engine to run very rich or use more gasoline than normal. Black smoke may be emitted from the tail pipe and this can also accelerate failure of the catalytic converter.
Chevrolet Celebrity Questions
My 1987 chevy celebrity will start. But i will put my foot on the break so i can put it in gear. And everytime we touch the break my car dies? I have changed the fuel pump already. Why is it doing this?
I will turn the ignition on and the engine instantly acts like it will start, and then it dies. After many attempts, it usually will turn over and run. While car is on, it runs normally.
Chevrolet Celebrity Recalls
Chevrolet Celebrity Reviews
I own the Eurosport stationwagon. The third row of seats gives seatbelts for eight so hauling our Boy Scouts is no problem. The 3.1 v-6 delivers plenty of torque and gets very reasonable gas mileage; close to 30mph if driving conservatively. On days while by myself, I enjoy the quick ratio rack and pinion steering and firm suspension. This car handles trail breaking very well so I enjoy agr...