Reviews for Chevrolet Cavalier years:

Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet CavalierOwner Reviews (61 reviews)
    Visitor, Livonia, MI, June 20, 2014 17:34
    Bad engine. Very expensive to fix at just 75,000 miles.
    Visitor, Ft Mitchell, KY, June 24, 2013 17:36
    This is the best car I've ever owned. 105,000 miles before any service outside of routine was needed, and even then it only needed rear struts and a wheel bearing. That is most likely because I haul more stuff in that baby then most people do with their trucks. I think the big difference is that I have owned this car since day one. To the guy that states he uses only high test, that probably why he had to do some many engine related repairs, the owners manual even states that running high test can cause damage to the engine. After years of driving used cars I got tired of inheriting other peoples problems, so I bought mine new, and I can tell you I will never buy another used car. All of those people that say they babied the car, said they bought it used and it's likely it did not receive the same level of care that you provided. I have never needed to replace any of the lights in the car, and I just replaced the battery last fall, as I was worried it may not make it through another harsh Canadian winter. Also might I add that I did not take the vehicle to the dealer one time for "scheduled" maintenance. I instead changed the oil every 5k miles with Amsoil Full Synthetic, and that's about it. Hell I didn't even wash the thing for over 6 years and there wasn't a spot of rust on it until last spring after a year living on the Coast in Canada, even then it was underneath the door not even visible unless on a rack. My wife's car on the other hand cost 4x my car (VW Passat 4-motion) and though it still runs well we have spent thousands replacing and repairing parts on the car, and has more rust than mine year older Cavalier.
    aintskeerd, Lake Charles, LA, September 26, 2012 14:12
    to the person that said riding lawn mower rides better ....not being rude ...but its the lawn mower causing ur bk pain sweetie... but then again you must be talking about a dif car!!!! save a horse ride a cowboy
    Visitor, Lake Charles, LA, September 26, 2012 13:21
    well i have good things to say about mine!!! to the person with a bad back im waiting back surgery, and this is a comfy car!!! my one and only issue is the cracked dashboard... but come on a new cover is only 130.00 come on be hones't its a GREAT CAR very roomy COLD AIR HOT HEAT .....I MEAN I WAS NOT BUYING A LIMO :) HAD HER 2 WEEKS IM IN LOVE
    Chuck Dodge, Savannah, MO, July 11, 2012 19:25
    I inherited this car from my grandfather, he baught it new and being that he still lives in 1950 this car has absolutely nothing in it, I'm surprised it has A\C. The only realy good thing is the great gas mileage and the half way decent audio quality, that is if you can pick anything up in it, I only pick up about a quarter of the stations I can pick up in my Dodge truck or Jeep. Other wise I can't stand the car. It is entirely too small inside, sits way too low to the ground, hard to get in and out of and I'm young. The seats are very uncomfortable and the drivers seat hurts your back when the cushioning gets a little worn down, there is a metal bar int he back. The A\C never actually gets cold, I've recharged plenty of times, the heat takes for ever to get warm in the winter. Rides horribly, as though there are no shocks at all. The steering feels funny, not sure how to explain it. Brakes stop as though you are towing 7000lbs on a trailer that doesn't have brakes. Believe me, I know how that feels in a truck. The brights aren't bright enough to turn off when I come to another car. The engine has no power, my riding lawn mower has a bigger engine, this thing has no pick up power. Everything inside is in a horrible place, especially the cup holders, one time I had one of those big 46oz cup you get at the gas station in the car, long story mad short I had a lot of Dr. Pepper to clean by the time I got the drink in and out of the holder, the rear holders in the arm rest don't hold anything. Plus it doesn't help matters that everything is extremely flimsy and cheaply made. The engine of my Jeep alone weighs more than this car weighs it seems like. My father always bought GM vehicles for some reason that only makes sense on Mars, and after the experiences with all six of them, I will never buy another GM vehicle.
    Rick w, New Douglas, IL, April 23, 2012 19:03
    I had purchased aa 1998 with 167000 miles on it,was told the head was sent off and checked,it checked o/k.i boughtt noing that it would get hot,after much research,found when in pssing gear to red line 6 thousand rpm,the very next morning startup,the dash had major air pockets run through the heater core,kid of rigged it so it would run good normaly,until 4 in the morning on a 300 mile trip,it ran over a single one ton tire wheel assembly,deploying both air bags,totalled the,hauld back on a tandem trailer.it was doing quite well.
    Visitor, Falmouth, MA, April 15, 2012 11:57
    2005 Cavilier with 185,000. No problems so far except for a sqeeky clutch pedel. Fixed it by taking a can of WD 40 with the extension tube and giving a few blasts under the dash on to the clutch pedel spring and the noise went away. Easy fix, but it drove me crazy for a year. Come to think of it, I did have an issue with a weak throttle body spring that caused my gas pedel to go to the floor one dark and stormy night and acellerate very high. I just took my adjustable stretchy pants belt off and attached it to the throttle body pawl with the other end around the radiator cowling just under the hood and drove home. I had no flash light so it was all be feel, but it worked. You can do this simple fix with bungy cords also if you want a good glove compartment safety item. Other then that, great car, runs like a clock. Cav is far better then my old Volvo, thats for sure. Wouldn't part with her for anything. A Tip, use good qaulity full synthetic oil every 3000 miles and change the standard transmission oil every 40,000 miles and keep it rust proofed annually and it will run forever. The Cav has a 2.2 Ecotec, one of tyhe best moters around and works for me. Also, I use high quality tires like the Michelin Hydro tracks and Dunlop Graspiks for Winter and it rides like a BMW.
    Visitor, Medina, OH, January 25, 2012 22:32
    Chevy POS is what they should have named it. It always needs something done to it even though I take complete care of it with good gas not the cheap water crap, plus I add gas additives routinely, and I get all the routine maintenance. I have always taken good care of my car and usually never have a problem, but this one is nothing but a money pit. Not my first car but my first Chevy and definitely my last. Skip Chevy and get a Trabi or a Yugo it will definitely run better, faster, and get better gas mileage.
    Visitor, Barneveld, WI, December 23, 2011 06:33
    Overall agood car. Center heat vents no air. Foam stuck in center vents. Front end makes cracking noise when turning. On third blower motor. Great motor 2.2 Ecotec.
    cmsmit05, Royal Oak, MI, November 14, 2011 22:41
    At around 100k struts were bad. By 124K, lots of issues. Battery, brakes, starter, alternator, tires...AC still works, though! Only AM radio. ? Power locks bad, too. Only small engine oil leak, though. Trans ok. Made it from lower Michigan to upper Kentucky okay just a month ago. Whining getting worse. Two different repair shops say it is the power steering beginning to go. Running better than the other car (Honda Accord, approx same age and mileage)! Exterior body not holding up so well as the HOnda.
    Visitor, Saint Clair, MO, October 14, 2011 15:39
    I have the Z24 convertible model. After spending considerable amount of time gathering parts for this POS I have determined the average lifespan on these is about 140K. Any repair that you need to do on these (and there will be many), is overly complicated and messy. Parts will cost between 8-10 times as much as they should because of replacing standard items with proprietary crap for no reason. I have been working through 1 problem at a time and I am not gaining ground. I just want to fix everything so I can get rid of this. It is the WORST car i have ever owned. It is no wonder GM went bankrupt, I'll NEVER own another GM product. The engineers at GM are either mentally deficient or intentionally evil.
    chevy_boy05, Port Clinton, OH, September 19, 2011 19:53
    I bought my car in 05 with 138,000 miles on it. replaced the clutch, two sets of tires and some marker lights. minor electrical issues with the daytime running lamps and high beams due to corrosion from roadspray in the wintertime and missing plastic underneath i assume. the car has 230,000+ on it and runs and drives beautifully. minor rust around the gas door and rocker panels. no leaks. awesome car
    Visitor, Williamsburg, PA, September 09, 2011 18:04
    I bought my 1996 cavalier brand new....i have 225545 miles on it..it uses no oil...it runs like a gem...i plan on running it until the wheels fall off...it is great on gas...i hope to get to 300,000 miles on it....i wish they still made them...because when this one is finally done....i would buy another one...it is starating to rust, but i have driven it every winter and they have been rough winters in PA...
    Visitor, Palm Coast, FL, August 21, 2011 09:27
    This car is a cheap poor built car its like a trash can on wheels makes a yugo a lincoln what a piece of junk do not waste your money on one of these chevy should of named it the pinto two just junk no power as bad as a junk neon complete trash chevy should recall all of these
    Visitor, Rock Island, IL, August 18, 2011 09:04
    Love this cute little booger of a car, leant it out when I got somethin more accomodating to four kids. Person who borrowed it blew the 2.4L 4cyl (OHC) because he failed to repair the oil small oil leak and waterpump. This was work I had planned to do, but he said he would do it in order to borrow the car because he didn't have a vehicle. I told him he had to replace the motor, but he replaced it with an OHV motor that has a busted throttle assembly and god knows what else wrong. I have to practically flood the engine to start it, manually shift the transmission and pump the accelerator to get him up to 30MPH now. It instantly loses power when faced with uphill travel. "Charlie" used to go about 400 miles on a tank of gas, now I can't get him to the other side of town with 1/4 tank of gas. Because the car has the number 4 in the seventh position of the VIN; either motor can be used (technically), WTF did he do to my car?
    Visitor, Conroe, TX, August 11, 2011 20:26
    i love this car ive had it for 8 years and its been good until today it started shifting really hard and the check engine light came on.i dont know whats wrong with it
    CAVALIER DEAD, San Bernardino, CA, June 19, 2011 20:51
    I WASNT MAINTAINING HER WELL NOW SHE BROKE DOWN.CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAUSE WAS THERMOSTAT.REPLACED IT AND SPARK PLUGS CAR RAN FINE FOR 2 DAYS THEN STARTED MISS FIRE AND RUNNING ROUGH. COUPLE DAYS OF THAT I COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT. SHE QUIT ON ME TO DATE I HAVE REPLACED PLUGS, WIRES, FUEL FILTER, CHANGED OIL, CAM AND CRANK POSITION SENSORS, AND CHANGED OIL TOPPED OFF TRANS FLUID....HELP
    Visitor, Fredericksburg, VA, May 29, 2011 07:48
    I am extremely attached to "Bessie Blue". I love my 2002 Cavalier! Bought her in 2003 with only 3K miles, basically brand new and would never dream of trading her in. She is considerably older (140K) and some repairs are starting to creep up in her old age but all in all, I still would not trade her for all the gold in Fort Knox (if there is any left that is)! So glad I got to 02 body style and not the 03/04! Bessie had been a highway and city girl. Country back roads and a farm girl through the fields feeding horses. I have hauled hay in the trunk of my car! LOVE LOVE LOVE this car! Driving her until she falls apart!
    Visitor, Muskegon, MI, May 08, 2011 05:52
    Bought this car when it was only 4 years old at a GM dealership, terrible car, worst I have ever had, dealerships service was completely inept, in the 50,000 miles I have gotten out of this car pretty much everything but the engine has had to be replaced, I will never buy another Chevrolet or purchase at a GM dealer again. Complete and total garbage.
    melm1974, Lorain, OH, February 21, 2011 13:24
    Overall best used car with just minor issues (knock on wood)
    Visitor, Farmington, MI, February 06, 2011 12:33
    The thermostat float between 1/4 to 1/2 after 20 minutes of driving. I ad replaced the thermostat and flashed the coolant and still the same condition I have 78,000 miles in the chev. cav. 2001 what to do?
  • 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier
    Visitor, Atlanta, GA, January 27, 2011 21:47
    250,000 miles on it and it's humming like a little birdie... I'm planning on taking it way into the 300,000s. I drive a bunch, mostly back roads, about 100-200 miles a day. Has a good mpg, surprisingly - cause it's a tank. Two years after I got it (2004), a 16-wheeler rolled into it, I was told at a shop it was a goner, but fixed it for $350 replacing the radiator by a friendly mechanic. Had to replace a starter at around 220,000 miles, paid $50 for a used one and it has served me well so far.. Other than that, no problems at all. Very very reliable, I will most likely stick to Chevy for my next vehicle (the Volt makes me salivate)...
    Visitor, Grass Lake, MI, January 19, 2011 11:52
    i have a 1996 and i got it about 2 years a go i have i think like 183k miles on it and i had to put a new gas tank and lines in it, new exhaust, also i had to replace that break lines ,new tires but all in all it is a good car to have and if your E- brake works then it is a fun car... haha
    arlessa, New Windsor, NY, January 16, 2011 12:59
    Awesome car. Purchased my 2002 brand new. has never given me problems. Although a few repairs are starting to creep up. Never driven very much (only 31,000 on her). All and all she has been very reliable! Love her!
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, January 16, 2011 02:50
    Great on gas .. in love with it
    woolie, Biddeford, ME, December 13, 2010 20:42
    What , does it when your oil light stay on?.
    RJW3356, Chicago, IL, December 07, 2010 11:12
    EXCELENT SERVICE ......THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING ......GO THERE ITS THE BEST
    alexg, Taylor, MI, November 29, 2010 11:39
    very good car
    starr, Sapulpa, OK, November 29, 2010 11:39
    This car had 13 miles on it when we bought it. We have had to replace tires all the way around, three times. Two new batteries. Alternator, spark plugs. Piston's and everything having to do with fuel had to be replaced at 50 thousand. As soon as the extended warranty ended, everything went down hill on the car. Have had to take to the dealer for various other problems many times.....none of which I can recall right now. The seats are not comfortable, especially in the back. The struts are awful, even though they have been replaced twice. I have the driver seat up as far as it will go, but still have problems reaching the gas, break & clutch. Very uncomfortable for me to drive. To me, the bucket seats make me feel like I am laying down while driving. I like to be sitting "up" in the drivers seat. But even though I have the seat up as far as it will go, I still feel like I am laying down. The emergency break has been worked on more then a dozen times, as it will not hold. The AC does not cool in our 100 plus degree summers, and it continually over heats....especially in the summer. Have had it to the dealer many times in the past 2 summers about the last 2 problems. But they never can find any reason for the AC not working and over heating. My car is a 2 door, and I am constantly having the doors come back and hit my legs when I am getting in/out of the car, because when they are opened all the way they do not stay. Neither of the windows roll down/up easily in the winter. In all fairness it is a dependable car. If you don't mind having to take it to get this or that fixed all the time, if you don't mind burning up during the summer, if you have long legs and don't mind "laying down" when your driving, and if you don't mind having uncomfortable seating. Other then that....it's all great!!
    outwest, Parker, CO, November 29, 2010 11:39
    I have a z24 convertable, have only had to replace alternator and buy a couple of batteries, both time the battery died, the car was in my garage!!! It has 125043 miles on it and I LOVE it!!!!
    wilsonmay, Ochlocknee, GA, November 29, 2010 11:39
    I bought my 1998 cavalier in 2004 it had 110,000 miles on it.The first week i had to replace day time running light relay .I keep it maintaned like change oil ever 3000 miles and trans fuild and filter ever 50,000 miles . I have had to replace battery 2 times in 5 yrs and the headlights switch once and the a/c went out at 200,000 miles. Other than that just your normal maintance.IT is a very reliable car it has never let me down I have toke it on alot of road trips. I drive it to the beach 2or 3 times a summer its about 350 miles round trip always done very good I have even toke it from ga to tx 750 miles one way done great thin to . IT has 240,000 miles on it now and still going strong. when she stops going i will get another one . love this little car !!!!!!!!!!
    ozthewiz44, Cadott, WI, November 14, 2010 07:01
    I have a 2001 base cavalier. I purchased it as a 'rental return' certified unit in Dec 2002 , with 31000 0n odometer. I presently have 132000 on the odometer. I replaced all four tires at 65k, front calipers and rotors at 105k and batteries twice(Walmart brand) These are the only things ,except normal maintainance, that have been done to this vehicle. What do I think of this vehicle? The interior fit and finish suck. The oil filter location is typical of US built vehicle(idiot design).The dash trim panel has stress cracks in three places(welcome to the club). The car is NOISY. The headlight bulb replacement requires TOOLS. The seats are uncomfortable. BUT THE CAR IS DEPENDABLE AND FOR THIS I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Burbank, CA, November 04, 2010 14:10
    I got mine around 2001. It has 175k+ miles on it. I replaced the clutch once. Everything has worked perfectly for me except the radiator. I have had problems with it overheating. The radiator hose blew once and was replaced like a year ago. Now I'm having another problem with the radiator. I'm hoping its just the radiator cap and I can keep running this thing into the ground. If not, then it may be time to say goodbye to it.
    Visitor, Warren, OH, October 02, 2010 23:10
    Lost auto shifter light at 4,000 miles - odometer light at 30,000 - radio just goes somewhere twice a month for about 5 minutes (since the 1st year) - other than that I love this ride. 70,000 miles now and I get 36/37 mpg at 55 mph steady. Fun to drive - bought new Oct 04 - I'm 61 years old.and too bad the dealer has always said that my electrical problems are my imagination or I'd buy another GM. For the 1st time in my life I'm looking at the Ford cross-over Edge .............Harry from Ohio
    Visitor, Oviedo, FL, September 29, 2010 06:21
    only thing wrong with mine right now is i cant get the windshield wipers to work.
    Visitor, West Palm Beach, FL, September 10, 2010 12:01
    Awesome car...the usual maintenance...kind of all happened last year but she has almost 110,000 miles and still runs and looks great...except for the dashboard! She is a 2002 chevy cavalier and I bought her brand new...
    djn, Grand Rapids, MI, August 27, 2010 10:28
    Great car. Have had to replace a few items but she has 118,000 miles on her what do u expect? But i guess this was to good of a car for Cheve to keep makeing. They did the same thing with the Chevett, it ran so good that they had to quit makeing them. Why would a company do that? You have a great product so you quit makeing it? oh well, and we wonder why people by fouren cars........
    DeadDog, Ogden, UT, July 29, 2010 19:06
    I'M IN LOVE. First car ever, and I make sure to treat it like it was a Ferrari. I have learned not to blame the car but to blame the parts they have used in creating this vehicle (Done to keep it so cheap, I assume.) Don't ever buy the same parts that fail out on this car and you will have had zero issues with the same thing failing again. I've had to replace so far: Ignition coil, both window motors, window motor switch (coupe car), front wheel bearings, battery, tires, all four shocks. I do regular maintenance and use synthetic oil. Saving up to replace brakes, bushings, and hoses with better parts to eliminate a possible failure. Seats are uncomfortable, but replace them with a universal and better seat you can take with you to your new car. GREAT CAR, RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!!
    Visitor, Olivet, MI, July 06, 2010 10:20
    I had a 1984 and put 483,000 miles on it. Floor went through before car died.
    Visitor, Rogersville, TN, June 25, 2010 20:08
    This is my first car and i love it. It drives great and never have problems with it.
  • 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
    Visitor, Chaseley, ND, May 31, 2010 09:52
    I bought this car twice..it had 80,000 miles on it.Then the second time around it had 185,000 miles on it 9 years later and it still runs great.Overall it has been good on mileage at 33 miles on the hwy and 28 in the city.
    Visitor, Norfolk, VA, May 08, 2010 14:36
    I have the Z-24 Convertable. I've had some small issues, like right now I can't figure out why the driving lights suddenly stopped working after changing a betterey out. But, 167K and still drives great!
    Visitor, Brea, CA, May 02, 2010 01:15
    it's good car , but i have problem with gas pedal when I am going to FRWY it's going to out of control . now can you help me on that ?
    Visitor, Clifton Heights, PA, April 21, 2010 17:51
    THIS CAR SUCKS!! do not buy i cant tell u how many problems ive had with this car. The brakes are absoultey horrible and the electrictal just as bad. My car only has 29,000 miles on it and the brakes were replaced last year and are already making loud noises and grinding sounds. The odomoter light and cluster panal lights are either burnt out or dim and this car has no insulation at all every single plastic peace on this car which is the whole interior rattles when you go over 35 MPH please save ur money and somthing else
    Visitor, Oklahoma City, OK, April 05, 2010 23:46
    ive had my 02 for a lil less then a year but i love it! the last 2 weeks its been in and out of the shop, but thats becuase im use to v8's and this unfortunately is not. lol. great heat and air. smooth ride, amazing car!
    RRogers, Frisco, TX, January 08, 2010 11:44
    I've had my car since 2004 and bought it was 34,000 miles. It now has 107,000. While I have had to replace an awful lot in the past three years, this has been a good reliable car. I have had the driver's window motor replaced three times, the a/c went out in 2008 and my dash is also cracked in three places. These are all characteristics of this make/model/year. The window motors are inexpensive if you can find someone to install it correctly for you (the dealership installed my 2nd one wrong). I have had to replace my tires twice and my front breaks every year. I've never replaced my back brakes but need to now...I have owned the car 6 years. I agree the cupholders are in a stupid place but all-in-all I love this car. It's my 3rd Chevy!!!
    lworlton, Rexburg, ID, November 23, 2009 13:28
    Bought mine about two years ago. Had a few problems just because of previous owner. Its a great car. Fun to drive being a manual and all. I have had problems with the fuel pump and a fuel leak and just regular maintenance. Have to replace to clutch but other than that great car!
    ladydai, Chicago, IL, November 06, 2009 18:03
    I REALLY LOVE MY 2004 CAVALIER THIS IS MY FIRST CAR AND I SIMPLY LOVE IT, THE ONLY PROBLEMS I AM HAVING IS THE PASSENGER WINDOW GOES DOWN AND WON'T COME BACK UP AND THE WIPER ON THE PASSENGER SIDE DOES NOT WORK, SO I GOT TO GO GET MY BABY FIXED OTHER THEN THAT I LOVE IT
    jimbo058, Colorado Springs, CO, October 14, 2009 12:56
    Owned since Nov. 2005, only problem was a wheel speed sensor. Great gas mileage, 36mpg on highway. Took on 800 mi. trip, comfort level was good. Would have to recommend this car. Too bad they named it Cavalier, as it is nothing like the predecessor at all.
    erdmancrew, Smiths Creek, MI, September 30, 2009 13:06
    Great over all car. Ours has 240,000+ miles on it and still running fine. Has a wierd sound in the rear end while driving, but has always been there. Windshield wipers are screwed up, but then it is an older car. We are only second owner, great reliable vehicle. We did get rid of the air conditioning when belt went.
    tomshort, York, PA, September 17, 2009 19:55
    Great dependable little car..
    rebecca0215, Phoenix, AZ, September 03, 2009 23:13
    I absolutely love my car!! I have 98,000 miles on it, bought it with 93,000. This car just gets up and goes with no hesitation. My sister has a 2005 Chevy Malibu and drove my car and said mine drives better than hers. My air condition did go out in the middle of the summer but it only ended up being a fuse ($20.00) But it blows ice cold in 110 degrees. Cup holders suck :( (They are not in a good place and are not tall or big enough therefore drinks don't fit or fall out and spill)I am having some window issues though, the driver window freezes up sometimes randomly. Dash board is cracked like another person said, it is the year as i've seen other cars like mine with cracks in the same spot, but other than that no problems!! Definitely overall great!!
    chadley, Irving, TX, August 13, 2009 20:11
    I bought my car new and has only had minor issues.
    xanderbuggy, Hopkinsville, KY, July 24, 2009 15:56
    I have a 2002 with 130,000 miles. The interior dash is cracked all over. I was told this is a common problem for this year. I seem to be replacing the rear brakes an awful lot. The water pump was replaced at about 90,000. And I've replaced the fuel pump twice. Amazingly, though, the original battery lasted 7 years. Compared to other cars I've owned I would say at 130,000 miles it's done great.
    car2001, Eden Prairie, MN, April 26, 2009 19:53
    This is a fun car to drive in the city. I have owned this car since 2001 and had only small repairs. I replaced the fuel pump, front tires, and brakes. I have a sun roof and a good sound system. Enjoy it a lot.
    jboase, Lewisville, TX, April 06, 2009 16:17
    This is your basic, everyday economy car. I still get 32mpg highway after 5 years with minimal engine service (oil changes) but the biggest problem for me have been the rear drum brakes. The car's interior is basic (nearly identical to previous generation (95-02) Cavaliers) and provides literally no insulation from road noise. The fuel filter failed at 80k (I use Lucas Oil gas treatment every tank) and at 108k the rest of the car is having issues: coolant temp recently hit the red in start/stop conditions, the A/C only works at 40mph or faster, and the suspension is riding extremely rough.
    longshotcd, Reno, NV, April 02, 2009 23:46
    It ain't flashy ;but I've put 80k on mine and had no problems whatsoever. Love the car :)
    stormy, North Little Rock, AR, March 15, 2009 21:23
    I just purchesed this year model but so far so good. I also had a 1998 and out of the three years I owned it,I only had to put a new alternater in it. hopefully this car turns out to be just as good.
    LaRue, Haverhill, MA, January 16, 2009 19:32
    bought as used rental car. seats are fairly uncomfortable. very reliable, starts always, good on gas, very happy with it in general!
    RUSTY, Clearfield, UT, January 07, 2009 18:09
    RIGHT AFTER THE WARRANTY HAD EXPIRED THE REAR WIRING HARNESS HAD TO BE REPLACED EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE NO LEAKS FOUND IN THE TRUNK OR LIGHTS. MY CAR WAS THE Z24 MODEL AND WAS FUN TO DRIVE AND IT LOOKED GREAT.
    sg1strgt, Murfreesboro, TN, December 30, 2008 18:25
    nothing but problems with radiator and overheating. I only drive to and from work (6 miles each way) and have had to replace both radiator and head gasket 2x