Chevrolet Cavalier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Cavalier
- How do I take out a purge sol to replace it with a new 1 for a 2002 chevr calav?
- how do I know if the motor on my windshield wipers is good or not?
- mywindshield wipers wont work.how do I know for sure is the motor or fuse?
- Why won't my car start?
- what is the problem if u hear ur wiper motor but the arms wont move, do I replac
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Chevrolet Cavalier Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
Now I had a previous answer w
ich I did not understand the Spanish use.
I've checked and verified fuel and fire,but still no start. What should I check next? Crank sensor?
Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls
The brake lights and rear turn signals may stop working due to insufficient contact between the socket and bulb. Inoperative tail lamps may not communicate the driver's intentions, increasing the risk of a crash. If both tail lamps become inoperative, the cruise control will not engage. Dealers will inspect the rear lamp bulb socket assemblies and apply grease or replace them if needed. The recall began January 18, 2005. The GM recall number 04083.
On 37 vehicles, the passenger-side rear safety belt may have been installed with an incorrect nut and bolt. In a severe crash, the upper seat belt anchorage may separate, reducing the effectiveness of the seat belt and increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will inspect the safety belt anchorage and install a new nut and bolt. The recall began August 23, 2004. The GM recall number is 04056.
Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews
I WASNT MAINTAINING HER WELL NOW SHE BROKE DOWN.CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAUSE WAS THERMOSTAT.REPLACED IT AND SPARK PLUGS CAR RAN FINE FOR 2 DAYS THEN STARTED MISS FIRE AND RUNNING ROUGH. COUPLE DAYS OF THAT I COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT. SHE QUIT ON ME TO DATE I HAVE REPLACED PLUGS, WIRES, FUEL FILTER, CHANGED OIL, CAM AND CRANK POSITION SENSORS, AND CHANGED OIL TOPPED OFF TRANS FLUID....HELP
Chevy POS is what they should have named it. It always needs something done to it even though I take complete care of it with good gas not the cheap water crap, plus I add gas additives routinely, and I get all the routine maintenance. I have always taken good care of my car and usually never have a problem, but this one is nothing but a money pit. Not my first car but my first Chevy and defini...
I have a 2001 base cavalier. I purchased it as a 'rental return' certified unit in Dec 2002 , with 31000 0n odometer. I presently have 132000 on the odometer. I replaced all four tires at 65k, front calipers and rotors at 105k and batteries twice(Walmart brand) These are the only things ,except normal maintainance, that have been done to this vehicle. What do I think of this vehicle? The interi...