Reviews for Chevrolet Caprice years:

Chevrolet Caprice Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet CapriceOwner Reviews (12 reviews)
    Visitor, Jackson, MS, July 30, 2013 19:51
    I have a 1994 caprice and its the best car I have ever had. I have had a 1977 and 1980 and 1988 model and this is by far the best I have had. I have had it for almost three years and just the other week I had to replace the water pump, but before that and so far she ran and runs like a champ and purrs like a kitten, quieter than a sewing machine. so in love cant wait to put a little money in her and turn it into a street monster.
  • 1993 Chevrolet Caprice
    Visitor, Newnan, GA, July 17, 2013 09:11
    i let this car sit up for a year now im putting it back on the road but it seems to have a knocking nosie in the motor what could be my problem.
    Visitor, Nowata, OK, February 17, 2012 12:48
    my 94 caprice is acting up it will run just fine for about 15 min then just die and wont start again until it cools off and does the same thing
    ShonuffChevy, Richmond, VA, May 19, 2011 22:14
    I own a 1994 Chevy Caprice. I brought it with a bad transmission 3 years ago and rode that transmission for 3 months. I love these cars so much I started a club called The Bowtie Boys we now run around with a 1991,1992,1993, and 2 1994 Caprice. These cars are true classics
    Visitor, Austin, TX, November 04, 2010 01:28
    i have had a 1994 caprice for over 2 1/2 years now the best car i have ever had the only thing i have had to change on it was the radiator $145 for it and i did the labor myself in about an hour and a half it has 192k on it and it seems to be running likes its brand new i really wish they made cars these days like they use to then
  • 1996 Chevrolet Caprice
    Visitor, Tampa, FL, September 23, 2010 08:08
    Greatest year of Caprice- 1996! Of course, I am biased because I own that year. However, I do suggest you not go to southern florida looking for hard to find parts. I went to the wrecking yard to find a fender from where some jerk hit me while parked. THERE WERE NONE TO BE FOUND. The only complaints I have are electronic distributor being underneath the water pump. HELLO???? It's way worse than carbon tracking! Not to mention the amount of time it takes to pull that sucker out yourself, because (let's face it) shops are a arm, leg, and two eyebrows. My second would be the scissor tracks guides for the windows. My front window suddenly sunk foward and jammed in the door. Pain in the ass to fix going eighty on the highway!!!! Secondly, if any of your doors take a ding from another vechicle or gas station pump barrier, say good bye to those track guides. Otherwise, I love kicking butt on the open road in my baby!
  • 1990 Chevrolet Caprice
    Visitor, Flushing, NY, September 12, 2010 12:08
    I love my 1987 Caprice (Police Package). I've had it for 20 years, and it has 306,000 miles on it. It's solid, easy to fix, and VERY roomy.
  • 1996 Chevrolet Caprice
    Visitor, Wasilla, AK, August 29, 2010 15:02
    I'm on my forth Caprice. My latest car had only 26K miles on it when I purchased it. Now at 44K miles,2 yrs later. All of my cars have been trouble free. Two cars were 9C1 models,ex police cars with around 100K miles when bought. One 9C1 had over 260K miles when I sold it,it still ran great,used no oil. These 9C1's were ran hard by the PD and me as well,I would not have a problem going cross country in any of them. These cars with the LT1 V8 were the fasted PD car of its time,properly equipped could run 145 MPH + all day long,not even breaking a sweat. Some PD officers called them a 4 door Corvette since the LT1 was also used in the Corvette and could handle corners like a sports car. Two engines were available in the '94-'96 cars. A 4.3 liter V8 and the 5.7 liter LT1 V8. If looking for a Caprice,choose the LT1,you'll be much happier since the Caprice is such a heavy car. The civi models came with any option one could want. The cars are very comfortable and could tow a pretty good size trailer properly equipped. One can expect Hwy fuel mileage as high as 27 mpg, I usually get 24 mpg if I take it easy at 65-70 mph. These cars are not without its quirks. The Optispark (distributor) tends to go bad and is expensive to replace, and is mounted on the lower front of the engine where water causes issues. Replacement R&R can cost between $750-as high as $1000 depending upon the repair shop. If kept dry,its pretty dependable. Also the plastic rollers on the window tracks go bad causing the windows unable to roll up. My latest Caprice has both rear window track rollers bad,even at 44K miles. Higher mileage cars tend to develop problems with the digital dash. GM has stopped making lots of parts and the aftermarket doesn't carry some parts causing a person to visit wrecking yards. Low mileage cars are getting harder to find as well as rust free cars. I have nothing bad to report on the Caprice,other then GM shouldn't have stopping making them.
  • 1990 Chevrolet Caprice
    jpsthesecond, Lewiston, NY, July 22, 2010 08:55
    good cheap dependable car fun to drive goes anywhere
  • 1992 Chevrolet Caprice
    Visitor, Joplin, MO, June 06, 2010 14:51
    I traded a Blazer straight across for this car and have had it for a year and a half now. It is very sound and stable, handles well at any speed, gets about 28 MPG on the highway and 20 MPG in town.
  • 1991 Chevrolet Caprice
    Visitor, Rockford, IL, March 29, 2010 23:01
    I have a 1991 9C1 police package version. I have 241,000 miles on this car and she is still going strong. If your looking for a fuel efficient car, this one is not for you.
  • 1993 Chevrolet Caprice
    car info, Jonesboro, GA, November 19, 2009 19:47
    Handle well but the engines seems to vibrabe at high speed