Chevrolet Avalanche Reviews

Chevrolet Avalanche Reviews and Owner Comments

I have cracks in the dashboard and brackets holding dash just worked themselves free.
I love love love my Avalanche truck. But I have some of the problems listed above. I have the check engine light on a lot and it is usually because of the 4WD issue or because of the gas cap. So damage to something may not be present and yet it's telling the code reader the whole thing needs to be replaced. Just make sure you get a second opinion before committing to a whole piece replacement.
i have a 09 avalanche and i can't get the camera to work it was fot a min.HELP
service air light is on
I HAVE A 2008 AVALANCHE LTZ, THAT I BOUGHT NEW. CURRENTLY IT HAS 125,000 MILES AND I LOVE IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS HAVING TO CHANGE MY FRONT BRAKES AND ROTORS FOUR TIMES. THE FIRST SET OF TIRES GOT 80,000 MILES (GREAT), THE SECOND SET ONLY GOT 35,000 MILES. THE BRAKES SEEM GOOD FOR 20,000 MILES AFTER CHANGING AND THEN THE FRONT ROTORS START TO PULSATE. I WOULD BE AFRAID TO TOW ANYTHING WITH THESE BRAKES. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY RECALLS CONCERNING REPLACEMENT OF THE FRONT ROTORS. MY MECHANIC TELLS ME IT IS BECAUSE THE ROTORS ARE MADE TOO THIN TO REDUCE WEIGHT. I SAY, TAKE THE WEIGHT OUT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND GIVE US GOOD BRAKES. OTHERWISE, I LOVE THE THING.
This is my 3rd. Avalanche.. I do love the utilitarian aspects of the vehicle. I think that's why I keep buying them. So anyhow, The one I just got a 2011 LT 4WD.. It seems to ride a little harder than the first two but NOT as hard as a Silverado. Love the bluetooth and back-up camera so far. I think everyone who owns this vehicle already knows about the blind spot directly behind the thing. BTW the first two I got BOTH burned oil.. Am I just unlucky..IDK. but I guess we'll find out soon. Also the front rotors on my previous one a 2007 were replaced 3x times in 140,000 miles,, again maybee I'm a jynx. other than that no problems what so ever... P.S. does anyone else Like to watch the V4 to V8 display change? It's SO smooth one can hardly feel it. I love to ride the gas peddle ever so slightly if possible to keep it in the V4 mode... Ha Ha I know I can be a little ANAL... Anyhoo Good luck with yours,,,,,, Snotty
I really enjoy my LTZ. The ride is really smooth, it came with the Destination and Entertainment package. I love it!
My 2010 Avalanche LTZ is an excellent vehicle and would be Outstanding if it had top quality seats and a brake system that should be exceptional for a 50k plus unit. The seats and brakes that were on my 2007 Yukon Denali far exceeded the quality used in this 2010. The gas milage on the highway is close to 19 MPG when crusing at 80 MPG. the city MPG is around 14.5 MPG. Overall I would rate it as an excellent upper class ride.