Reviews for Chevrolet 3500 Pickup years:

Chevrolet 3500 Pickup Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet 3500 PickupOwner Reviews (4 reviews)
  • 1995 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup
    Visitor, Salem, OR, December 27, 2010 09:08
    I bought a 1995 Turbo Diesel c/k3500 used, did not know all the history on maintenance and now I wish I did, cause three months after I had bought it the engine seized up, without warning, no lights, all fluids were right where they needed to be. I had the engine serviced right after I had bought it. I got a quote for a rebuild engine, that ranged from $2900 to $9200 for a drop in, plus the price for the mechanic to remove the old engine, and put the rebuild in. I ended up selling the truck to a wrecking yard, was not worth fixing it, will never buy a used truck or car again.
  • 1999 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup
    Triguy450, Thorofare, NJ, December 05, 2009 20:27
    I bought mine brand new. It now has 150K on it . I get an average of 14 MPG, day in, day out. It tows my 23 foot Chapparel like it's not even there. I've had 5800 pounds of retainind wall blocks with little instablity. This truck is a work horse. However...it loves to chew up front ends. I've gone thru 2 set of Ball joints, and tie rods. The front brakes are easy to replace but the back brakes are a bear to replace as the entire axle has to be pulled. I've also gone thru 3 alternators and 3 sets of batteries because of the parallel set up of the batteries. If one battery goes bad, the alternator tries to charge the bad battery, wearing out the alternator. Once that goes bad, the other battery gets drained.
  • 1994 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup
    T_birdman, Arcadia, CA, September 21, 2009 22:44
    I also got mine used with close to 70,000 miles on it, have owned it now for close to 8 years and may never get rid of it! I did replace the stock transmission with a 700r4 overdrive that gave me a whopping extra 7 mpg in the city, and raised the top speed of the truck to well over 150 mph!
  • 1991 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup
    Treeman, Minneapolis, MN, August 18, 2009 20:22
    I brought this truck with 70,000 miles, I now have over 190,000 and it still works great even with it getting old.