2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Problem Reports

Most Reported 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module assembly if this condition occurs.

On certain 2005 - 2007 vehicles, General Motors has provided a special service policy covering the fuel level sensor, agreeing to pay 50% of the repair cost. This coverage extends for 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original "in service" date of the vehicle. Please contact your local GM dealer for more information.

To find a dealer near you, please click here»

The HVAC blower motor may stop working at one or more speeds due to a faulty blower motor resistor block. Our technicians recommend to confirm the resistor is at fault by first checking the operation of the switch.

I have a vibration when in drive while holding the car still at a stop light

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

The CD player in the radio may fail. Our technicians tell us that the radio will need to be removed and sent out to a radio repair shop to correct this condition.

The cooling fan clutch may fail causing excessive fan noise and/or the Check Engine Light to illuminate.

The engine may develop a misfire due to worn valve seats. This fault will cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Replacement of the cylinder head may be required to correct this concern.

One or more of the rear lights may be out due to a failed light socket plate. Our technicians tell us some 2002-2004 models were recalled for this issue. For more information on this recall, please click here»

my gear lever is stuck in park and the car says it in drive

The variable valve timing camshaft actuators may stick due to dirty engine oil or a faulty control solenoid. A sticking actuator may cause a rough idle and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us the engine oil should be checked to make sure it is clean and at the proper level before replacing any parts to correct this concern.

Car went from being quiet to all of a sudden sounding like a lawn mower when it was started. Had it evaluated and it was a cracked exhaust manifold. The crack was right in the middle of the manifold. Called around for prices of repairing it and they were as high as $700. Just thought I would do a search on it and found a utube video on how to repair it yourself and was reading the comments below it. One person said the same thing happened...

Electrical power may be lost to the interior of the vehicle due to a blown 125 amp fuse located at the under hood fuse box. This fuse can blow if jumper cables are connected incorrectly. Replacing the blown fuse will commonly correct this problem.

My car's shifter is in the "Park" position, but the indicator on the dashboard says the car is in "Reverse." Because the car is not in Park or Neutral it will not start. I have already tried re-setting the ignition switch, but no luck

On vehicles equipped with rear air springs, the air compressor may fail causing the rear suspension to sit low.

It was a multi system electrical failure of the power windows, power door locks, radio, and climate control system. It was intermediate, which lead me to believe it had to be a connection problem. After internet investigation I was lead to believe it was the 125 amp fuse under the hood on the outside of the fuse box. I was in the process of jumping the fuse when I noticed a loose nut on the positive side of the fuse connector. I tightened the ...