Problems for specific Chevrolet Tahoe years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe problems

Verified for the Chevrolet Tahoe

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Our technicians recommend replacing the fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump.

30 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Tahoe

The muffler heat shield may become loose on the muffler causing a rattle or popping noise. Our technicians tell us there is a kit available from GM to correct this problem.

26 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Tahoe

The steering wheel position sensor may fail, resulting in the service stability message being displayed.

14 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Tahoe

The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft.  Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.

28 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Tahoe

The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.

37 Reports

Reported by MARY BETH and 6 others for the Chevrolet Tahoe

"SERVICE TIRE MONITOR" warning came up, when I took it to the dealership they told me all 4 monitors were bad...I questioned how all 4 could go out at the same time and they told me that it was unusual but their computer is getting the same code for all 4. They suggested I start repairing one by one...just does not make sense to me. I think they are not using the right computer code or something...They quoted over $600 to repair.

7 Reports