2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Problem Reports

Newest 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Problem Reports

A dirty throttle body may cause a lower than normal idle and possible stalling condition. Performing a throttle body service will commonly correct this concern.

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.

The rear window defogger may stop working due to a wire terminal broken off of the rear glass. Our technicians tell us that terminal can be reattached using a special glue or silver solder.

It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Our technicians recommend replacing the fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump.

The muffler heat shield may become loose on the muffler causing a rattle or popping noise. Our technicians tell us there is a kit available from GM to correct this problem.

The steering wheel position sensor may fail, resulting in the service stability message being displayed.

The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft.  Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.

The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.

"SERVICE TIRE MONITOR" warning came up, when I took it to the dealership they told me all 4 monitors were bad...I questioned how all 4 could go out at the same time and they told me that it was unusual but their computer is getting the same code for all 4. They suggested I start repairing one by one...just does not make sense to me. I think they are not using the right computer code or something...They quoted over $600 to repair.