2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Problem Reports

Newest 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Problem Reports

I was driving early one morning and it was dark out. All of a sudden my headlights went out. I hit the dimmer switch and they came back on, but while driving home the same thing happened again. I took it to one garage and he could not figure out what the problem was. The next time I drove after dark, the same thing happened again. I took the car to different garage and found that the multi function switch in the steering column was bad an...

2005 Monte Carlo shifting extremely hard on initial takeoff from a complete stop. About every 3-4 weeks car jerks violently forward. Once out of first gear, the car runs smoothly. Took the car to a Chevy dealership who was able to duplicate the issue and confirmed problem with the valve body. Valves, gaskets and selenoid replaced at a whopping $1400. No other major mechanical issues with the vehicle, I'm the original owner and car is main...

The mass air flow or crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to intermittently stall. It may be necessary for the engine to cool down before it will restart.

The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) tube which connects the EGR valve to the intake manifold may develop an engine vacuum leak, causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate with code P0171 and/or P0174 stored.

The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine  with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.

Corrosion may develop at the connection between the ignition coil tower and spark plug wire resulting in an engine misfire. The Ignition coil and spark plug wire should both be replaced to correct this condition.

An engine oil leak may develop from the rear of the engine. This is commonly caused by a failed oil pump drive o-ring seal. The leaking o-ring should be replaced to correct this concern.

The serpentine belt tensioner pulley may wear out. Our technicians tell us that in order to get a new pulley from General Motors you must purchase a complete belt tensioner assembly.

The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.

The fuel pump may fail causing engine to stall and not restart.

The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.

The water pump may develop a coolant leak resulting in an engine overheating condition.

The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft.  Our technicians tell us that you should check with your local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.

The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.

The intake manifold gasket may develop external engine oil leak. The manifold gasket will need to be replaced to correct this issue.