2006 Chevrolet Malibu Problem Reports

Newest 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Problem Reports

I camp outside from work, got in to go home and would not start. I tried to have jumped started and nothing. The strange thing is all my lights comes on and my all my gauages go straight to the bottom not reading and the icon of my car show with a lock around it. I took it to the dealership and was told that my key transponder had went bad. Paia $184 for a new key, $314 for a tune up, drove the car home. Got up next morning for work and car wo...

The ignition switch may fail causing a no start condition. This is not generally a theft system (passlock) issue because the security light does not illuminate or flash.

The ignition module or an ignition coil may fail causing the engine to misfire which can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate or begin flashing.

The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine  with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.

The fuel gauge may not read correctly and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0455/P0461 stored for a fuel level sensor issue. These faults may be caused by a fuel vapor line inside the fuel take interfering with the fuel level sensor. If this is found to be the case, repositioned and securing the vapor line should correct this concern. If no fault is found with the fuel vapor line, the fuel level sensor itself may be at fault.

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

The instrument panel and switch backlighting may fail due to a faulty dimmer control module. A failed module will require replacement.

The automatic transmission shifter may fail causing the ignition key to become stuck in the ignition lock cylinder.

The passlock sensor in the ignition lock cylinder may fail causing an anti-theft system fault and a no start condition. Our technicians tell us that the ignition lock cylinder should be replace to correct this condition.

Various issues with the electric power steering system may develop and could require replacement of steering column assembly.

Vehicles with certain V6 engines may illuminate the Check Engine Light one or more of the following codes: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, or P0391. Our technicians tell us that some vehicles may require a powertrain control module (PCM) software update to correct this issue. Other vehicles may have excess camshaft end play on one or both cylinder heads which will need to be corrected using special procedures outlined by GM.

hazard lights donot work