Problems for specific Chevrolet Impala years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported 2008 Chevrolet Impala problems

Reported by randy78 and 3 others for the Chevrolet Impala

Wires broke on side of shifter. This part will fix it. GM #13583923 or acdelco #pt3923 around 20 bucks. It has 6 wires on it but all you have to do is cut 2 wires off that you dont need. It took me about an hour to fix this.

4 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

Flex fuel vehicles can develop fuel calibration issues resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and/or lack of power. This commonly occurs if only short trips are taken after changing fuel type from E85 to gasoline or gasoline to E85. In most cases, the fuel calibrations can be reset for gasoline using a properly equipped scan tool.

9 Reports

Reported by charmin and 17 others for the Chevrolet Impala

if my car is parked on a hill and i have to put it in reverse it does a really hard jolt or a kick. while im driving it does it again around 30 mph and again around 60 mph. sometimes if im at a stop light it kind of jerks as i start to take off.

18 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

35 Reports

Reported by heidi31 and 16 others for the Chevrolet Impala

The engine light was on and the car seemed to be running fine. That is when i went in to hook it up to the diagnostic machine. We found out it was the oil pressure sensor. You do have to order the part through GM, but it is only $10.00. my husband fixed it in about 10 min.

17 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

Acid may leak from the battery at the cable connections, resulting in corrosion on the battery cable ends and in the battery tray. A Leaking battery should be replaced and the cables thoroughly cleaned or replaced if necessary.

10 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

The automatic transmission shifter may fail, or a wire may break near the shifter causing the ignition key to become stuck in the ignition lock cylinder.

168 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.

190 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.

100 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

A dirty throttle body may cause a lower than normal idle and possible stalling condition. Performing a throttle body service will commonly correct this concern.

6 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft.  Our technicians tell us that you should check with your local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.

96 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.

58 Reports

Reported by robinson2 and 4 others for the Chevrolet Impala

my car will stall for a couple of days before my service traction control message comes up and right after then my engine power is reduced message comes up i took my car to a shop they said my trottle body needed to be cleaned but it is still doing the same thing.

5 Reports