2006 Chevrolet Impala Problem Reports

Newest 2006 Chevrolet Impala Problem Reports

driver seat is not going back in a straight position and is getting stuck half way back

When go to take off it don't move then when it kicks in it jerks really hard scared the crap out of me. well I was told it will cost $1600 to $2500 to fix they said it was a sensor in the transmission I have only had the for a year bought it used and it is a piece of shit it seemed to run ok for a few but it didn't take long for it to act up I will not ever own an other one. I think there should be a recall on the tranny's after what I read th...

The mass air flow or crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to intermittently stall. It may be necessary for the engine to cool down before it will restart.

Flex fuel vehicles can develop fuel calibration issues resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and/or lack of power. This commonly occurs if only short trips are taken after changing fuel type from E85 to gasoline or gasoline to E85. In most cases, the fuel calibrations can be reset for gasoline using a properly equipped scan tool.

if my car is parked on a hill and i have to put it in reverse it does a really hard jolt or a kick. while im driving it does it again around 30 mph and again around 60 mph. sometimes if im at a stop light it kind of jerks as i start to take off.

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.

The intake manifold gasket can develop external engine oil or coolant leaks. In some cases the failed gasket will leak coolant internally. The manifold gasket will need to be replaced to correct this issue.

The engine light was on and the car seemed to be running fine. That is when i went in to hook it up to the diagnostic machine. We found out it was the oil pressure sensor. You do have to order the part through GM, but it is only $10.00. my husband fixed it in about 10 min.

The serpentine belt tensioner pulley may wear out. Our technicians tell us that in order to get a new pulley from General Motors you must purchase a complete belt tensioner assembly.

The automatic transmission shifter may fail, or a wire may break near the shifter causing the ignition key to become stuck in the ignition lock cylinder.

The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.

The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.

A dirty throttle body may cause a lower than normal idle and possible stalling condition. Performing a throttle body service will commonly correct this concern.

An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal. Our technicians tell us a revised front crankshaft seal is available to correct this concern.