The transmission may develop a harsh 1-2 shift and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P1870 stored. This can be caused by wear of the bore for the TCC isolator and regulator valves in the valve body. This condition does not commonly occur until the transmission reaches normal operating temperature. If the valve body is worn, replacement will be necessary to correct this concern.
Check Engine Light With Code P1870 on Cadillac Escalade
2 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Verified for the Cadillac Escalade55 reports
Verified for the Cadillac Escalade5 reports
1 answerJuly 13, 2011
Most Recent Cadillac Escalade Problems
- "No start" due to anti-theft system failure
- Power Door Lock Actuators May Fail
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Inside/Outside Door Handles May Break
- ABS Front Wheel Speed Sensors May Fail
- Steering Wheel Position Sensor May Fail
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Oil Leak from Engine
- bad negative( ground) cable.
- The Fuel Pump May Fail Causing the Engine to Stall or Crank Over But Not Start
- Front/Rear Differential May Develop Noise Due to Worn Bearings
- Power Brake Units May Leak Fluid From Hydro-Boost Unit
- Fuel Level Sensor Failure
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue