Check Engine Light - throttle problems on 2004 Kia Sorento

Purchased an '04 in mid 2005 with 30,000 mi on it. Just barely touch the accel pedal and the car would rocket from a dead stop. Horrible gas mileage. After 6 mos. the check engine light came on and the car became significantly slower and stopped downshifting when attempting to pass or speed up quickly. I know the two are connected somehow.. whats happening?

by in Riverside, CA on February 17, 2010
2 answers
ANSWER by on February 17, 2010
Hi, the next step is to have the diagnostic codes in the engine control module read out, these codes will help in the diagnosis of this problem.
2 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on March 14, 2010
I have a 2005 sorento and had same problem. The code read throttle position sensor. I went to the dealer (dealer only part) and bought one of the great price of $116 and it took care of the problem.
3 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
We purchased our 2008 Sorento (with less than 40,000 miles on it) a month ago. We had the check engine light come on and the ESC off light. We took it to get fixed and it worked for a couple of wee...
I have also cleaned throttle body. Seems to shake a bit at idle as well. My check engine light is on. Thanks.
My car has very rough idle and threatens to shut off when I'm stopped. It drives fine. It shifts hard out of park sometimes. Check engine light is on but has been on for months.