2004 Kia Sorento Q&A

2004 Kia Sorento Question: Check Engine Light - throttle problems

Purchased an '04 in mid 2005 with 30,000 mi on it. Just barely touch the accel pedal and the car would rocket from a dead stop. Horrible gas mileage. After 6 mos. the check engine light came on and the car became significantly slower and stopped downshifting when attempting to pass or speed up quickly. I know the two are connected somehow.. whats happening? -
Hi, the next step is to have the diagnostic codes in the engine control module read out, these codes will help in the diagnosis of this problem. -
I have a 2005 sorento and had same problem. The code read throttle position sensor. I went to the dealer (dealer only part) and bought one of the great price of $116 and it took care of the problem. -
We purchased our 2008 Sorento (with less than 40,000 miles on it) a month ago. We had the check engine light come on and the ESC off light. We took it to get fixed and it worked for a couple of wee...
I have also cleaned throttle body. Seems to shake a bit at idle as well. My check engine light is on. Thanks.