check engine light is on. no increased heat per temp gauge. slight burning smell from the heater vents but no smoke. car is progressively getting worse about needing gas peddle applied until engine is warm or it will die when idle. I just had transmission flushed, oil changed and applied fuel inj cleaner to gas tank multiple times to try to correct this. what am I missing?
check engine light on. burning smell from heat vent. rough cold start. on 1999 Mercury Mountaineer
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Maintenance Schedule
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Problems(9)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Repair Estimates
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Q&A(63)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Recalls(9)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Shops
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Mountaineer Questions
- the rear lights still on even when i turn the car off
- I have a 2000 mercury mountaineer with 154,000 miles. The reverse doesn't work.
- Drivers power seat will move on its own while driving
- No heat. Blowing air fine. What is causing only cool air flow?
- random codes popping up along with engine failsafe mode
1999 Mercury Mountaineer Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($530 - 787) in Central, AK
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($112 - 171) in Watertown, WI
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($280 - 403) in Denison, TX
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($282 - 382) in Cummaquid, MA
- Power Mirror Switch Replacement ($65 - 76) in Strongs, MI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($344 - 556) in Annapolis, MD