was driving across the 520 last night and the "check engine" light blinked briefly. going about 50mph the engine felt as though it was getting sluggish and having trouble giving power. moment later, the light goes off and the engine smooths out. got off the highway going uphill, on 24th st., a medium grade hill, at about 30mph and "check engine" blinks again and engine again becomes sluggish but moreso than when i was on the flat road across 520. wondering what this might indicate and what i can expect a shop to tell me, and, whether i can drive the car to a shop or it it's going to die on me in the middle of the road on the way to the shop. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
check engine light on and engine running sluggish. on 2002 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 2002 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- why does my car shake like the wheels are about to fall off. whats the problem?
- Replaced low beam bulb and connector, passenger side. Trouble shooting what next
- What size wrench is needed for oil drain plug? And where is oil filter located ?
- I have a 99 Honda Accord Ex 4 Cylinder and it cranks but doesn't start
- why is the green sport mode light on and car keep cutting off new distributor on
2002 Honda Accord Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - 128) in Vauxhall, NJ
- Thermostat Replacement ($101 - 143) in Newton Hamilton, PA
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($520 - 722) in Willisburg, KY
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Cary, IL
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($323 - 382) in Boons Camp, KY
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor Replacement ($77 - 90) in Rosemead, CA