The check engine light came on and took it to Autozone came back with two codes PO300 and P1406. So I replaced the spark plugs and wires. I also cleaned the distributor cap and replaced the rotor and the coils. I then cleaned the EGR value but did not clean the port and replaced it with the same gasket. How can I clean the port holes and with what. Had the codes earse took it for a drive and the light came back on. Check the codes again and they where the same ones. Don't know what to do next, please help. Sam
check engine light on on 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
P0300 is random cylinder misfire, P1406 is an EGR related failure which can definitely cause multiply cylinder misfire. Read this article it is very helpful. http://www.engine-light-help.com/egr-valve.html
2 answersJanuary 04, 2010
Verified for the Chevrolet 1500 Pickup6 reports
1 answerJanuary 05, 2010
Verified for the Chevrolet 1500 Pickup10 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet 1500 Pickup11 reports
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Maintenance Schedule
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Problems(22)
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair Estimates
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Q&A(149)
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Recalls(4)
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Shops
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Reviews(8)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Questions
- Turns over but won't crank
- What is the knocking noise I hear when I accelerate?
- Why is my truck pulling and slipping after I changed the filter and fluid in it?
- What can I do to fix my brake pedals which are extremely low and loose?
- why are my head lights dim all the time even on high beam they are not bright