My car has a tendency to vapor lock after I run errands. plus the engine light came on (not Flashing)IT stays on steady for a few days what does it mean? My car has 142,000 hwy miles on it
check engine light is on on 1996 Pontiac Grand Am
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
May 27, 2009
When the light is on it means there is a code stored in the engine computer. You will need to get this code(s) to know what the next step is. If you get it and post it here someone may be able to help point you in the right direction.
Verified for the Pontiac Grand Am9 reports
Verified for the Pontiac Grand Am21 reports
Verified for the Pontiac Grand Am50 reports
3 answersApril 09, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Where is the actuator for changing it to the defrost mode located?
- Why does it sound like muffler fell off but under the hood?
- Have a button for overdrive bit when I push it in or let itout doesn'tseemtowork
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
1996 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($1,016 - 1,258) in Deedsville, IN
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($141 - 256) in Bartelso, IL
- Oil and Filter Change ($28 - 61) in Voss, TX
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($243 - 361) in Gilbert, MN
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($629 - 729) in New Church, VA
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Spencerville, IN