Tends to happen more when colder and also after running on interstate at 70 mph after 25-50 miles. There is valve train noise especially when cold, but also when hot during acceleration. 151K miles and valves never adjusted. Sometimes turning off and restarting will correct the rough engine but the check engine light will stay on.
Check engine light comes on and motor runs rough. Code reader says knock sensor on 2000 Toyota Tacoma
Asked by for the 2000 Toyota Tacoma
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Tacoma Questions
- There's a whirring sound when I shut off the engine. Is this normal?
- What is the hose coming from my manual transmission, passenger side? Vacuum?
- ck. eng. lite came on, fluids & belts are OK, truck runs same.
- Cost of repair of a number 4 cylinder
- If my engine don't have any noise, would I need too replace timing belt?
2000 Toyota Tacoma Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Redgranite, WI
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($361 - $453) in Seney, MI
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($189 - $225) in Warsaw, OH
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($207 - $307) in Pembroke Pines, FL
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - $111) in Walker, KS
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($453 - $827) in Greentown, PA