I have noticed on a few occassions when it rains, my car starts hesitating and begins shaking and the check engine light comes on. When I stop for a light, as I am waiting, it feels like the car is going to shut down. thecar is also so jittery. The check engine stays on for the entire day. The next day, the light is off. What could the problem be?
check engine light comes on on 1998 Hyundai Sonata
Verified for the Hyundai Sonata121 reports
2 answersJuly 14, 2016
Verified for the Hyundai Sonata120 reports
1 answerNovember 22, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Sonata Questions
- rough idle , engine shaking ,already replaced crankshaft position sensor
- Will the emissions control sensor keep the car from starting?
- I need a passenger side mirror replaced. Can a dealer fix this?
- My car wont start. When I push the button all the lights come on no start
- Automatic transmission problem
1998 Hyundai Sonata Estimates
- AC Condenser Replacement ($485 - 596) in Riddle, OR
- EGR Valve Replacement ($89 - 118) in Dundas, IL
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($45 - 57) in Blandford, MA
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Brunsville, IA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($59 - 104) in Malone, KY
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($566 - 1,289) in Pine Apple, AL