I just drove down the highway to the store about 5 miles away shut it off came out started right up on the way back check engine light came on, drove home and shut it off and tried to start it again and it would just turn over but wouldn't start. I went out this morning and it started right up. It don't make me feel to confident on driving anywhere after this happened. This is the first time this has happened. This is all stock and has a automatic trans and I have 30,000 miles on it. Thinking maybe I need a code checker. Tempature outside was about 45 and overcast and about 40 this morning and raining.
Check engine light came on looked the engine over for anything obvious now what? on 1999 Dodge Ram 2500
Asked by for the 1999 Dodge Ram 2500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
- airconditioner quit working after being charged. The drivers side was working.
- Truck hesitates while accelerating when you first tried to take off also at idle the RPMs will go up and down
- there is two fuse boxes, ones inside and there is another one outside
- Why is my diesel truck Smoking and very little power?
- stalls out, usually more at over 55 MPG. no show on computer read.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($266 - $838) in Blooming Grove, NY
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($289 - $467) in Overbrook, KS
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($794 - $1,077) in Lexington Park, MD
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($193 - $288) in Poyen, AR
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Norwood, PA
- Window Switch Replacement ($73 - $278) in Hays, KS