My son said to remove neg battery wire to reset computer... could be water temp sensor/air in coolant. Light went out. 2 weeks later came on again. Repeated same, light out operation normal. Also since water pump/timing belt was replaced the coolant temp has been running lower by 10-20 degrees.
check engine light came on 2 days after service (timing belt water pump replaced on 2004 Volkswagen Passat
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- What does it mean when EPC light comes on?
- Feeling a small kick/jerk when car goes from 1 to 2 gear. Whats thbest next step
- I bought a 2009 vw passat. I replaced the coils and plugs. It still hesitates
- The ignition key can not be remove after put of the engine from the box
- Cost to replace the passenger side airbag POD?