My son said to remove neg battery wire to reset computer... could be water temp sensor/air in coolant. Light went out. 2 weeks later came on again. Repeated same, light out operation normal. Also since water pump/timing belt was replaced the coolant temp has been running lower by 10-20 degrees.
check engine light came on 2 days after service (timing belt water pump replaced on 2004 Volkswagen Passat
Asked by for the 2004 Volkswagen Passat
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- When check engine light goes on at 70,000 What service is due and how much ?
- My Passat alarm is going off even after I use my key to unlock it and wobt start
- I have to replace a thermostst. How much is it? (part&labor)
- How much 2 set timing, I had belt changed and timing seems 2 to b off
- Will fixing a crankshaft rear main seal fix misfire&fuel pressure/lean codes?
2004 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($402 - $1,077) in Riggins, ID
- Spark Plug Replacement ($120 - $159) in Yorktown Heights, NY
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Kasson, MN
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Shelter Island, NY
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($188 - $210) in Traer, IA
- Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir Replacement ($133 - $255) in Moro, AR