My check engine light was on continuously. I learned that my son had recently put gas in the car. I went out and removed the gas cap and re-seated it. The light went off. He said there was nothing amiss with respect to noise from the engine or blinking in the "check engine light soon". Can someone comment on possible problems that might be present with this condition? I am talking about a 2003 Buick Century with about 98,000 miles.
check Engine Light on 2003 Buick Century
Asked by for the 2003 Buick Century
If the light went off after the cap was put on corectly, it was the evap, or purge system causing the light. New vehicles are made to capture all fumes from the fuel tank to keep them from venting into the atmosphere. If its not sealed properly a check engine light will come on.
Verified for the Buick Century48 reports
Verified for the Buick Century25 reports
Verified for the Buick Century196 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
- tail light wiring is black, brown and yellow. Which is L turn, which is R turn?
- Car idles great has no acceleration slam pedal to floor takes off
- If i get a body control module from a scrap yard of same make model and year wil
- will not accelerate and is very sluggish when slowly acc.Idles fine
- Is my engine messing up?
2003 Buick Century Estimates
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($291 - $577) in Carlsborg, WA
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($895 - $1,131) in Burt, NY
- Heater Core Replacement ($378 - $524) in Woodgate, NY
- Radiator Replacement ($442 - $600) in Schoenchen, KS
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($147 - $177) in Bolton, MS
- Battery Cable Replacement ($84 - $249) in Perry, LA