My check engine light was on continuously. I learned that my son had recently put gas in the car. I went out and removed the gas cap and re-seated it. The light went off. He said there was nothing amiss with respect to noise from the engine or blinking in the "check engine light soon". Can someone comment on possible problems that might be present with this condition? I am talking about a 2003 Buick Century with about 98,000 miles.
check Engine Light on 2003 Buick Century
If the light went off after the cap was put on corectly, it was the evap, or purge system causing the light. New vehicles are made to capture all fumes from the fuel tank to keep them from venting into the atmosphere. If its not sealed properly a check engine light will come on.
Verified for the Buick Century48 reports
Verified for the Buick Century195 reports
Verified for the Buick Century25 reports
This week's top 10
2003 Buick Century Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($246 - 346) in Carlsborg, WA
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($200 - 555) in Burt, NY
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($147 - 217) in Woodgate, NY
- Battery Replacement ($184 - 224) in Schoenchen, KS
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($61 - 78) in Bolton, MS
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($87 - 107) in Perry, LA